|Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.|
King Washington - 05.30.12
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
1. How did you get your band name?
My dear friend and co-founder of KW, Aaron Wisebuch, informed me that George Washington was offered to be 'King of America.' What if he accepted?…etc…King Washington. No political ties... just a random conversation one day.
2. How did this band get started?
Aaron Wisebuch and I started collaborating while I was a senior in at Taft High School in 2006. He wrote some lyrics and formed some melodies over some chord progressions I had showed him. Eventually we had about 6 or 7 originals under our belt and decided to record them. After the CD was complete a few friends of mine got a hold of it and offered to join the group…the group then happened rather quickly...
3. What bands are you influenced by?
The Negro Problem, Radiohead, Talking Heads, Simon and Garfunkel, Cat Stevens, Neil Young, The Janks, The Beatles, Weird Al, Races, Chopin etc...
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
The Negro Problem. Cause their finally coming out with a new album and they're an all time favorite of mine.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Because they're guaranteed satisfaction sonically and emotionally.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Charles Barkley, because then my name would actually be Charles.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Joe Puerta (Producer of our forthcoming album, The Gears and KW enthusiast extraordinaire).
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
I would abolish everyone who's been deciding that the music on the radio is acceptable somehow and make sure they never work in this town again...
10. Memorable tour experience?
We had stopped on our way back from San Francisco a couple years ago and ran into a huge busload of tourists. We decided to harass them with a new song at the time called, "The Whoa Whoa." We followed them all around and even into the truck stop bathrooms and stood outside the stalls rocking this song out to all of them.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
A great site with impeccable taste and a great means of spreading the news that is KW.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
The Vacuum suck. Fan man is my hero.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Nope. Every once in a while we run a chorus or two outside before going on to warm up the vocals...
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
What DO they know about me?
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
Radio today is equal to what happened to Japan recently with the giant tsunami. Doomed and Sad. I think KW could definitely appeal through the radio peoples. No Doubt.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Play Chess, brew Beer, film/edit, piano, drink, water polo, write, think, observe.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I can play a mean steering wheel (percussively speaking)...
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first.
More From This Author