|Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.|
Chasing Dragons - 05.31.12
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
1. How did you get your band name?
We’re all children of the video games, specifically those with medieval themes where you fight dragons, so it spun from there.
2. How did this band get started?
Zebs and Tom have known each other for years through various family connections. Mitch and Tank were students in Leeds and both were found through ads online where they were seeking bands. Ant was recommended to us by a friend as he was searching for a band at just the time we were searching for a bassist- destiny!
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Tank- Sierra Kusterbeck, Brody Dalle, Annie Lennox, Tegan & Sara, Free Dominguez, Elkie Brooks
Mitch- John Petrucci, Joe Satriani, Brian Haner
Zebs- Albert Collins, Jimi Page, Slash
Ant- Chevelle, Tim Commerford, Avenged Sevenfold, Breaking Benjamin, Final Fantasy Soundtracks
Tom- Rodger Taylor, Jimmy Sullivan, Lars Ulrich, Mike Portnoy
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Guns ‘N Roses – fathers of rock
The Offspring – Childhood heroes
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Anything, especially boxes of muffins…
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Because we’re genuine and heart strong and make music because its all we want to do!
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Tank – Jenny Jones
Mitch Sadler – Frank Miir
Zebs – Johnny Wilkinson
Ant Varenne – Furious Pete
Tom Wheelwright – Trish Stratus
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Our friends, family and every single fan. Every promoter who’s given us a chance. Our music and video producers and everyone who’s helped us to get to where we are as a band to date.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
The disposability of bands; bands should have longevity. They should write music that lasts and aim to be around for years.
10. Memorable tour experience?
We’ve had a lot of funny moments in the band. One recently where our van ran out of fuel in the red light district of a particular city when we were on our way to a venue; we got pulled by the police for ‘loitering’ and spent half an hour trying to convince them we we’d simply run out of fuel in the wrong place! It eventually got sorted and they dropped one of us at the nearest fuel station to fill a jerry can AND we made it in time for the gig!
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
AP.net is one of those rare sites that actually gives a detailed and decent account of some of the best music of today. It’s a great place for people to go to discover new bands and read about news and releases of their old favourites. It’s great to see such a knowledgeable and interesting hub for music lovers.
12. What is your favourite song to play?
We don’t really have a favourite! It changes often – depends on the flavour of the week!
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
There are quite a few on our list to go and see or return to including Canada, Maldives, Los Angeles, Beijing and Dubai.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
We were all brought up on different music but memorable bands include Pink Floyd, The Offspring, Blink 182, Lit, Queen, The Who.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Tank – Invulnerability – it’d cure my clumsiness issues!
Mitch Sadler – Springy bones – so I could bounce everywhere.
Zebs – Ability to talk to animals – so I could fight animal cruelty.
Ant Varenne – Shape shifting – so I could be whoever/whatever I wanted.
Tom Wheelwright – Fly – just because it’d be really damn cool!
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Er.. we do actually... The boys love to do a little pre-show Barber Shop Quartet style warm up to get in the mood!
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
We’ve only been a band for 16 months.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
Due to the accessibility of the internet these days it seems to be true what they say; “Video killed the radio star”. Radio isn’t the road to the big time that it used to be.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
We spend a lot of time socialising and doing stuff together as a band. To be honest we’re more like family!
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Well Zebs and Mitch have ridiculously high tolerances for spicy food… so there’s always a competition when we go out for a curry! Ant and Tom like to do weird things to their bodies.. like pop out their shoulders and walk with their feet the wrong way (its really gross actually!). Tank spends a lot of her time drawing and designing tattoos.
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first.
More From This Author