AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

fun. News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

fun. Track by Track with "Some Nights"

Posted by - 01:13 PM on 06/01/12
fun. recently discussed their new album, Some Nights, in a track-by-track video. Check the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 25
01:14 PM on 06/01/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
01:16 PM on 06/01/12
John Collins
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
cool man!
01:19 PM on 06/01/12
herestoyoufla
Still starin' down the sun
User Info.
sweet. These guys always look like they have the best time doing what they do.
01:53 PM on 06/01/12
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.
Inb4 thesinkingship comes and throws shade.
01:54 PM on 06/01/12
Jat
Where you been?
User Info.
Am I a horrible person for not liking "We Are Young"? I never liked it, but do to it being overplayed to death...ughh... I hate hearing it now. The rest of the album is good, though. I guess I am bothered that people are talking about this band now, and they are like, "I like fun." and I ask them which songs they know, and they only know We Are Young. It is so annoying to me when people do that.
01:59 PM on 06/01/12
Acad08
@explorerbri
User Info.
Can't wait to get home and watch this!
02:25 PM on 06/01/12
runningohfive
I know...
User Info.
Am I a horrible person for not liking "We Are Young"? I never liked it, but do to it being overplayed to death...ughh... I hate hearing it now. The rest of the album is good, though. I guess I am bothered that people are talking about this band now, and they are like, "I like fun." and I ask them which songs they know, and they only know We Are Young. It is so annoying to me when people do that.

It's the same thing with any artist. We Are Young is their hit song and hit songs get overplayed because the general public like's them a lot.

Ask anyone what's the first Blink 182 song that comes to mind...most of the time it's All The Small Things, What's My Age Again and sometimes Dammit. All those songs were overplayed at one time (maybe not so much Dammit but the other two hell yes.)
02:36 PM on 06/01/12
defy_stars
midnight nuisance
User Info.
It's the same thing with any artist. We Are Young is their hit song and hit songs get overplayed because the general public like's them a lot.

Ask anyone what's the first Blink 182 song that comes to mind...most of the time it's All The Small Things, What's My Age Again and sometimes Dammit. All those songs were overplayed at one time (maybe not so much Dammit but the other two hell yes.)
and Feeling This
02:44 PM on 06/01/12
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
Very cool. Love this record
03:09 PM on 06/01/12
Rustash
User Info.
Some Nights (Intro) and Some Nights are the only songs from this album that I can stand. I really don't understand the direction they went in, especially since it was such a drastic change from Aim and Ignite (which I freaking love). I dunno. I'm just hoping they drop the repetitive hip-hop beats and autotune the next time around.
05:55 PM on 06/01/12
Clark
Dirk Nowitzki's Beard
User Info.
Some Nights (Intro) and Some Nights are the only songs from this album that I can stand. I really don't understand the direction they went in, especially since it was such a drastic change from Aim and Ignite (which I freaking love). I dunno. I'm just hoping they drop the repetitive hip-hop beats and autotune the next time around.
I can "stand" the whole album (I like it, actually), but that's the only song with any lasting value. And I agree with the rest.
08:39 PM on 06/01/12
luvsickcatalyst
wander eyes, ocean high.
User Info.
I honestly think this album is a great turn for the band and will definitely be making an appearance in my end of the year list. As much as I've loved everything Nate's done, I feel like Aim & Ignite just made me want The Format back together because of how similar they sound. Some Nights is Nate being comfortable with himself as a songwriter and as a singer outside of his former band. Andrew and Jack are, as always, phenomenal musicians and the success is so well deserved for all three of them. Also, I don't listen to much radio outside of the college station I work at, so "We Are Young" is still okay by me.
10:14 PM on 06/01/12
runningohfive
I know...
User Info.
....you got me there. I can't believe I missed that.
10:28 PM on 06/01/12
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
too short. seems like they cut a lot.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT