Username
Password

10:18 PM on 06/02/12 
User Info.
Amongster
Up Into The Upswing
Illinois, USA
Genderqueer - 24 Years Old
Has anyone here been a member of a dating website, and if so, how has it worked for you? From my understanding, they're just places creepy men tell only slightly-less-desperate women how much they belong together and that they should get married immediately.

Happy Saturday night, PL.
10:51 PM on 06/02/12 
User Info.
marieeboxx
Cat Lady
West Coast
Female - 23 Years Old
Yes. I joined one a few days ago. I already had to block three people. I don't put up entire face pics, because of the said creepy pervs lurking.
11:46 PM on 06/02/12 
User Info.
Waffleconsumer
Unregistered User
Auckland, NZ
Male - 25 Years Old
I joined one. Went out with two people. Went on two dates with the first girl. She was cute but we didn't really click. The other left after 30 minutes! Youch! I think she expected me to be a K-pop star or something.

I also had one creepy girl who was in some open relationship with some other girl and kept wanting to get in my pants or something. I wouldn't hit that.

But I met some cool international penpals :D!?
12:07 AM on 06/03/12 
User Info.
deanster321
BLEGH
Birmingham/Huddersfi...
Male - 22 Years Old
Met my most recent gf on one. I've already posted about how promising that seemed, and how quickly it took a nosedive haha.

That's not to say you shouldn't try, obviously. It's definitely no worse than lurking bars and clubs and other shit people might recommend instead.
05:19 AM on 06/03/12 
User Info.
justsurrendrfan
jsfan
No Avatar Selected
new york, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
Its great for dating expierience. I highly recommend it. That kind of expierience if priceless. I'm not saying your going to find your soulmate on there, though its possible. But its good for kicks and get your feet soaked in dating life. Message a bunch of people see if you click with any. I recommend it.
05:22 AM on 06/03/12 
User Info.
.invisible ink.
honey bunny that's the funny thing
omnipresent
Female
Dating websites make it easier to weed through the shit to find what you're looking for than say meeting someone offline and then having to find out that they have ridiculous beliefs and obsessions much farther down the line.

There's nothing wrong with finding someone online. There's a lot of creeps but there's also a few good people mixed in. It may take some time to find the right one but it's entirely possible, just don't get too easily discouraged.
06:25 AM on 06/03/12 
User Info.
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen 701 bands live!
Hudson County, NJ
Male
Had an account back in 08 and it was ok. Nothing too special. I say try it out. I didn't meet the love of my life on there but I'm sure everyone has a different experience. I know a few friends who have one now and things have changed. When I was on it, Ok Cupid and another site I forgot the name of were the go to free websites (not plenty of fish). Now PoF is the only free site and it's safe to say that Craigslist personals are safer lol
07:40 AM on 06/03/12 
User Info.
spiffa0
I am the Third Revelation
Westmont, NJ
Male - 26 Years Old
met my current gf on match.com. Been together for almost 9 months, and it's pretty serious. definitely worth trying out.
08:35 AM on 06/03/12 
User Info.
ParkwayTom
Forgive me, Nashville
Nashville, Tennessee
Male - 24 Years Old
I've never done it, but if it works for some people then thats cool. I just don't know if I'd feel comfortable starting a relationship with someone I met over the internet, it doesn't feel genuine to me for some reason. Different strokes, I guess.
09:24 AM on 06/03/12 
User Info.
HarryPotter
No Avatar Selected
Hogwarts
Male - 27 Years Old
i just can't handle putting my picture up for the world to see. but it really depends where I live. When I stayed in New York i could find a date any night of the week, but they sucked. when i stayed in ATL they sucked and girls were harder to come by. They needed guys to be really aggressive cause they are southern belles, afraid to pick up the phone and call. So that got annoying. When I stayed in LA that city was just a mess. All i had to do was wiggle my dick out my window and waited for something to bite.
Will I use a dating site, probably not. I'm not going to force anything. when the times right i'll find the right girl. until then c'est la vie
10:22 AM on 06/03/12 
User Info.
Maiaophilia
my heart beats pacific -
JAPAAAAAN.
Female - 23 Years Old
I had an okcupid for a while; there are a ton of pervs but I usually just ignored them. I actually ended up meeting my current boyfriend from the site and to be honest things have never gone this well for me in a relationship. For the first time in a long time I feel really happy. It's like Im dating my best friend. So I mean if you're willing to weed through the trash, you may find something good.
11:01 AM on 06/03/12 
User Info.
intostone
I'm on the OKC. All the girls who message me are not very attractive, and all the girls I message don't write me back. I'm sticking it out though, I figure somewhere out there dwells a beautiful David Lynch fan with a penchant for short film nerds.
11:12 AM on 06/03/12 
User Info.
Collaptic
Union
Male
ssd
11:15 AM on 06/03/12 
User Info.
marieeboxx
Cat Lady
West Coast
Female - 23 Years Old
I'm on the OKC. All the girls who message me are not very attractive, and all the girls I message don't write me back. I'm sticking it out though, I figure somewhere out there dwells a beautiful David Lynch fan with a penchant for short film nerds.

What do you have in your profile? Or how do you approach them in messages? I don't use OKC, but I won't message someone back if they message me "hey sexy" or "hey beautiful" or anything like that. When I get a message like that I'm like -__-
Or if they sound like a cocky douche. Free free to PM me if you want. Maybe I can help with what to/not to put in a profile description?
11:47 AM on 06/03/12 
User Info.
Ditka For Gov
West Chicago
Male
I wrote my senior thesis for college on online dating, and my recommendation would be if you're serious about it, use a paid service. It weeds out a lot of the people because of the cost and it's easier to search too. Most of them have free trials so give it a shot for a week or so and if you don't like it, just cancel it.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos