Username
Password

12:53 AM on 06/04/12 
User Info.
marieeboxx
Cat Lady
West Coast
Female - 23 Years Old
Why would you be afraid to message them?? haha It's a dating website! You need to flirt with people over the internet haha Message every single kid you think is cute, have a conversation with them and if it doesn't work out then move on to the next one. I can tell you have a bit of a problem with shyness haha

haha because I said, I don't know if they'll be interested in me. I know it doesn't hurt to try, but guys that I know don't like me, so it makes me think these guys won't like me either.
01:02 AM on 06/04/12 
User Info.
allthewaysaid
Have a feeling I'll die in my20s...
Texas
Male - 23 Years Old
haha because I said, I don't know if they'll be interested in me. I know it doesn't hurt to try, but guys that I know don't like me, so it makes me think these guys won't like me either.

Look, this is gonna be your homework for tomorrow. Message every single kid you might be interested in and see what happens. You don't know any of them, so rejection doesn't even matter. I'm about to join OKCupid, since so many people found their "soulmates" on that site and will be doing the same.
01:06 AM on 06/04/12 
User Info.
marieeboxx
Cat Lady
West Coast
Female - 23 Years Old
Look, this is gonna be your homework for tomorrow. Message every single kid you might be interested in and see what happens. You don't know any of them, so rejection doesn't even matter. I'm about to join OKCupid, since so many people found their "soulmates" on that site and will be doing the same.

Haha giving me homework, what are you, my MADE coach? lol jk
But, I'll think about it. I'm not a member of the "OKCupid" but since it's free too, maybe I'll try that site as well.
01:12 AM on 06/04/12 
User Info.
allthewaysaid
Texas
Male - 23 Years Old
Haha giving me homework, what are you, my MADE coach? lol jk
But, I'll think about it. I'm not a member of the "OKCupid" but since it's free too, maybe I'll try that site as well.

I am your coach. Now, young lady, there's no "I'll think about it" I wanna see you do it. Go out there and flirt, be a slut if you have to. I want you to keep me updated on your progress.

Hey, even if OKCupid doesn't work, we are guaranteed to get some laughs, or we might actually get laid.
01:33 AM on 06/04/12 
User Info.
marieeboxx
Cat Lady
West Coast
Female - 23 Years Old
I am your coach. Now, young lady, there's no "I'll think about it" I wanna see you do it. Go out there and flirt, be a slut if you have to. I want you to keep me updated on your progress.

Hey, even if OKCupid doesn't work, we are guaranteed to get some laughs, or we might actually get laid.

Don't ever just give me that sass mister! -.-
Plus, I'm not looking to get laid. Looking to make friends in hopes of a relationship. If that doesn't work out, hey maybe he has cute friends (;
01:36 AM on 06/04/12 
User Info.
allthewaysaid
Texas
Male - 23 Years Old
Don't ever just give me that sass mister! -.-
Plus, I'm not looking to get laid. Looking to make friends in hopes of a relationship. If that doesn't work out, hey maybe he has cute friends (;

Alright, it won't happen again, ma'am. Haha I am totally looking to get laid, will I succeed? Probably not.
01:52 AM on 06/04/12 
User Info.
marieeboxx
Cat Lady
West Coast
Female - 23 Years Old
Alright, it won't happen again, ma'am. Haha I am totally looking to get laid, will I succeed? Probably not.

Didn't you post a 'celibacy' thread not that long ago? Lmfao.
07:52 AM on 06/04/12 
User Info.
radicalrilee
No Avatar Selected
Mississauga, Ontario
Male - 22 Years Old
All I can say is that POF has never worked for me, although I only got it about a year ago. I met up with one guy who seemed to think it was a hook-up scenario... and the other was just a plain creep. I never invested much into it but I certainly don't have high hopes for it in the future. Rarely people message you or respond to stuff you sent... not a very good place to look for love is all I can say. I still try it... as a gay guy, it can be hard to meet someone out there so I think it's best to keep trying... who knows, maybe my luck will change. Don't even get me started about Grindr. I'm looking into OKCupid right now... never heard of it before but it can't hurt to try.
08:43 AM on 06/04/12 
User Info.
Alison1488
____
Female - 26 Years Old
All I can say is that POF has never worked for me, although I only got it about a year ago. I met up with one guy who seemed to think it was a hook-up scenario... and the other was just a plain creep. I never invested much into it but I certainly don't have high hopes for it in the future. Rarely people message you or respond to stuff you sent... not a very good place to look for love is all I can say. I still try it... as a gay guy, it can be hard to meet someone out there so I think it's best to keep trying... who knows, maybe my luck will change. Don't even get me started about Grindr. I'm looking into OKCupid right now... never heard of it before but it can't hurt to try.

POF is hit or miss. You definitely have to sift through the bullshit, but I've met some really nice people through there. It's even reunited me with some friends from the past who I fell out of touch with. I was beginning to lose hope with it altogether, and then I met someone amazing from it. Have hope and best of luck. :)
09:42 PM on 06/04/12 
User Info.
Amongster
Still In Last Place
Illinois, USA
Female - 24 Years Old
I created this thread just to read stories, not because I was interested in online dating. Now I just may create a profile somewhere. What harm could it do, right?
09:43 PM on 06/04/12 
User Info.
richter915
@Richter915
Male - 28 Years Old
i've been banned from so many dating sites

that probably says a lot about me.
10:25 PM on 06/04/12 
User Info.
Amongster
Still In Last Place
Illinois, USA
Female - 24 Years Old
i've been banned from so many dating sites

that probably says a lot about me.

You should tell us what you did. We all want to know.
10:43 PM on 06/04/12 
User Info.
RyanGarner
Registered Member
Nashua, New...
Male - 21 Years Old
You should tell us what you did. We all want to know.

This man speaks the truth.
12:32 PM on 06/05/12 
User Info.
AntiCorporate
Imaginary Enemy
Toronto
Female - 27 Years Old
I meant my boyfriend of almost 2.5 years on the creepiest dating site...aka POF. He's entirely normal and was never creepy at all though. However, I also dated someone INSANE from there and of course multiple useless dates. But once you sift through the bullshit you might find a gem. Or not.
04:46 AM on 06/06/12 
User Info.
LamarVannoy
Sydney, Australia
Female - 24 Years Old
I wrote my senior thesis for college on online dating, and my recommendation would be if you're serious about it, use a paid service. It weeds out a lot of the people because of the cost and it's easier to search too. Most of them have free trials so give it a shot for a week or so and if you don't like it, just cancel it.
This. Met my current bf on an australian site where its free to browse and you only have to pay once to send the first email (the rest of the emails are free as long as their sent within a month). Worked a whole lot better than the free sites because people were more serious about dating and weren't just looking for a one night stand or hook-up.
I definately came across my fair share of creeps/weirdos/crazies (mainly on free sites like POF) but it was definately worth the wait and sifting through the bullshit to meet my awesome bf :)

I actually got one of my friends to try it recently, she was really skeptical at first but she'd been single for about 2 years and figured why not give it a go. She's currently seeing a guy she met on there a couple of weeks ago and couldn't be happier.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos