Username
Password

07:42 PM on 06/07/12 
User Info.
Gumbyjag
Everything Evil
Globe, Arizona
Male - 24 Years Old
This thread has been a great read. If I'm single for another year, I'm definitely gonna try one out.
09:00 PM on 06/07/12 
User Info.
richter915
@Richter915
Male - 27 Years Old
You should tell us what you did. We all want to know.

This man speaks the truth.

It wasn't really working well so instead of being mature and just creating a better profile or finding better ways to message women...I would get drunk and send insulting messages to women en masse. I found that I would actually get more responses by being an asshole and ended up with a date somehow. Either way, it led to bans in the end.
01:21 AM on 06/09/12 
User Info.
TerrancePryor
twitter.com/terrancepryor
Essex County,NJ
Male - 28 Years Old
Been on Okcupid since 2009. Nothing.
Been on Plentyoffish since last year. Nothing.
Maybe its just me.
04:48 AM on 06/09/12 
User Info.
Alison1488
____
Female - 26 Years Old
Been on Okcupid since 2009. Nothing.
Been on Plentyoffish since last year. Nothing.
Maybe its just me.

Are you initiating or waiting for them to message you? Personally, I find a lot of guys don't know how to present themselves properly. I'm going to help my friend make his profile because he needs help.
10:36 AM on 06/09/12 
User Info.
TerrancePryor
Essex County,NJ
Male - 28 Years Old
Are you initiating or waiting for them to message you? Personally, I find a lot of guys don't know how to present themselves properly. I'm going to help my friend make his profile because he needs help.

I always message women. I never get any messages back. It sucks.
12:55 PM on 06/09/12 
User Info.
Alison1488
____
Female - 26 Years Old
I always message women. I never get any messages back. It sucks.

You should maybe evaluate your approach.
01:23 PM on 06/09/12 
User Info.
TerrancePryor
Essex County,NJ
Male - 28 Years Old
You should maybe evaluate your approach.

I always ask about what kind of music they're into or about their career path. No response.
01:51 PM on 06/09/12 
User Info.
marieeboxx
Cat Lady
West Coast
Female - 23 Years Old
I always ask about what kind of music they're into or about their career path. No response.

Just say something like "hey you seem like a cool person, how are you?" or something like that. Don't ever send an insulting or inappropriate message in hope to try to get a response. And don't ever try to be funny and make a joke about something on their profile. I hate it when guys do that.
02:01 PM on 06/09/12 
User Info.
TerrancePryor
Essex County,NJ
Male - 28 Years Old
Just say something like "hey you seem like a cool person, how are you?" or something like that. Don't ever send an insulting or inappropriate message in hope to try to get a response. And don't ever try to be funny and make a joke about something on their profile. I hate it when guys do that.

I never tell jokes/insult them. Idk. I guess I'm not good enough to date. Oh well. Time to fill the house with cats!
02:22 PM on 06/09/12 
User Info.
marieeboxx
Cat Lady
West Coast
Female - 23 Years Old
I never tell jokes/insult them. Idk. I guess I'm not good enough to date. Oh well. Time to fill the house with cats!

That's good. I've been getting rude messages and people making a joke trying to be funny, and someone told me most guys do that to try to get a response. Those men just don't know how to talk to women...

But keep trying, I'm sure you'll get a response sooner or later. Are you looking for any specific type of lady?
02:24 PM on 06/09/12 
User Info.
TerrancePryor
Essex County,NJ
Male - 28 Years Old
That's good. I've been getting rude messages and people making a joke trying to be funny, and someone told me most guys do that to try to get a response. Those men just don't know how to talk to women...

But keep trying, I'm sure you'll get a response sooner or later. Are you looking for any specific type of lady?

Not really. Just someone that I can spend time with.
02:26 PM on 06/09/12 
User Info.
marieeboxx
Cat Lady
West Coast
Female - 23 Years Old

I'm sure there is someone out there. Good luck with your search!
02:54 PM on 06/09/12 
User Info.
Waffleconsumer
Unregistered User
Auckland, NZ
Male - 25 Years Old

I think there's an okcupid sub-Reddit that you can put your profile on for everyone to have a look at and make suggestions.
Problem is, it's usually just dudes looking for when girls put their profiles up lol.
10:06 PM on 06/09/12 
User Info.
Alison1488
____
Female - 26 Years Old

Personally, if I ever got a message that said something along the lines of, "hey, what's up?", I never responded. It doesn't give much to go off of and you have to consider 10 other guys just sent whatever girl that exact message. I think it's nice to pull something they mentioned in their profile and get them to elaborate or comment on it. It shows you took the time to read it and that you're interested. You have to keep in mind that because there's not physical interaction, you have to work it that much harder in the messages.

Also, work on your own profile. Most guys are terrible at presenting themselves. Talk about the things you love to do and what you're actually looking for from the site.
08:25 AM on 06/10/12 
User Info.
phil19
an Aussie in London
London, England
Male - 28 Years Old
not for me, but a mate of mine back home has got with quite a few hotties he's met on a dating site. he swears by it.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos