Username
Password

Album Review - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 45.
05:14 AM on 06/05/12
SilenceBrokenTT
Here I am alive...
User Info.
Really didn't feel the first single, but maybe when I give this album a proper spin it'll click with me better. Loved every other release of his so far....
06:17 AM on 06/05/12
Meeze
PunkOut.org
User Info.
At this point in Avery's career, he has firmly established a unique and great sound. What turned me off last release was not the music (I thought musically it was his best record) but rather the divisive lyrics. That is why, to me,

Quote:
Thematically, this record does not delve as spiritually as its predecessor.

is the most important sentence you wrote.
06:26 AM on 06/05/12
teh_erica
do you feel.
User Info.
Really didn't feel the first single, but maybe when I give this album a proper spin it'll click with me better. Loved every other release of his so far....
I think "Run and Don't Stop" might be my least favorite song on here. Check out the rest of the album, it definitely goes up from there.
08:44 AM on 06/05/12
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
Haha. It's easy to forget it was just him, because the arrangements are so full-bodied and well-realized it just feels like a whole band.

And yeah, not trying to be a dick. I just think you can review with a lot more depth than this particular one. You know I like you, dude.
For sure. He's amazing at what he does.

Thanks for the challenge for future reviews bud

Nice review!

Just one quick question -- what exactly did you mean with the "timing and signatures" phrase regarding "200,000"?

I couldn't tell if you meant for timing to be "rhythm" and signatures to be "time signatures". If not, I'm confused! Any thoughts?
Yeah, I meant time signatures - thanks for the correction!
11:33 AM on 06/05/12
henry chinaski
User Info.
Love this guy's sound
01:42 PM on 06/05/12
Acad08
@explorerbri
User Info.
Though short, great review. And EXCELLENT album! Can't wait to play this throughout the summer.
02:59 PM on 06/05/12
inthemidst
Grace and Peace
User Info.
As great as Do You Feel is, I've had difficulty getting into any of Bryce's work post-Hello, Good Friend. It's hard for him to top that record.
03:16 PM on 06/05/12
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
Dug some of this guys older stuff, will have to check this out.
08:21 PM on 06/05/12
drumdreez
A Void That Thinks
User Info.
Great review, I agree completely. It's a really solid album, I love every track.
08:23 PM on 06/05/12
blindrider529
***NICKEL CREEK*** <--GO LISTEN NOW
User Info.
Fucking LOVE me some Bryce Avary. Great review. Don't know if the RIYL's are spot on, but - then again- I would probably just put other TRS albums as RIYL haha

Very good album. The guy can't quit putting out fantastic, heartfelt music. He's the real deal.
08:24 PM on 06/05/12
blindrider529
User Info.
As great as Do You Feel is, I've had difficulty getting into any of Bryce's work post-Hello, Good Friend. It's hard for him to top that record.

I felt like Do You Feel was very different in terms of production and vibe, but much of Of Men & Angels and this new album totally remind me what really got me into The Rocket Summer during the Hello, Good Friend days.
02:56 AM on 06/06/12
cut!print
Keep me simple, unplug my head.
User Info.
This album reminds me so much of Augustana. It's pure
04:49 PM on 06/06/12
RebelMusicXX
User Info.
If anyone has not seen The Rocket Summer live then you must run to your local venue and buy some tickets because watching Bryce sing and perform with all those instruments is an experience unlike any other, his voice is amazing and it sounds even better live.

Hey dude reviewing this album, if this is TRS's best album how could it be 8/10? TRS surely has a 10/10 album in their repertoire, that would be Do You Feel in my opinion.
11:00 PM on 06/06/12
blindrider529
User Info.
This album reminds me so much of Augustana. It's pure
I was thinking this while listening to it today. A lot of his last album felt the same way.

PS. Someone else from Lynnwood. Cool.
11:11 PM on 06/06/12
cut!print
Keep me simple, unplug my head.
User Info.
I was thinking this while listening to it today. A lot of his last album felt the same way.

PS. Someone else from Lynnwood. Cool.
Yeah, fellow just north of Seattle-ite! And obviously a great mind that thinks alike. Where abouts are you?
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums