Password

Album Review - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 36.
09:37 AM on 06/05/12
billyboatkid
The Protagonist of Loneliness
User Info.
Need to give this a listen.

Loved Nki Am, but that's all I've heard.
09:44 AM on 06/05/12
EndlessPrisoner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Does this sound anything like Skeletons? only release I've remotely enjoyed by them.
10:35 AM on 06/05/12
poppunkwayo
Registered Member
User Info.
i just wish they had the production they had on skeletons, that record sounded excellent!
10:57 AM on 06/05/12
fenderstrat383
Kenneth Doolittle
User Info.
Okay, I absolutely have to hear this CD. I haven't yet. But if people are saying it's their BEST WORK yet, better than Silence, then...well where's my keys so I can go to the record store?
10:57 AM on 06/05/12
Amongster
Still On The Sand
User Info.
i just wish they had the production they had on skeletons, that record sounded excellent!
Major labels like Wind-Up can pay for top-notch, professional producers. For doing everything themselves, the band made this release sound very good.
11:15 AM on 06/05/12
buddah knome
Registered Member
User Info.
i think they want it to sound like that. raw, and very under produced.
11:16 AM on 06/05/12
buddah knome
Registered Member
User Info.
HOPE is honestly some of their best work yet! Nowhere fast is so different for them but its so cool. If you like this release I would recommend picking up the book they did for this. JT talks about every song and it has some cool pictures/stories.
12:15 PM on 06/05/12
ACA
Next Show: Braid/GreatBigPileLeaves
User Info.
The first two albums were laughably awful, so I haven't given them much of a chance since then (I mean, why bother, there are tons of legit bands who I'd rather support).

Do they still play a lot of old material live, or is this pretty much a new, reinvented band that just keeps the same old name for business purposes?

I'm sure the hate will flow freely (especially in a thread dedicated to Hawthorne Heights), but truthfully, I'd be more willing to give this new, seemingly well-reviewed band a shot if it wasn't attached to the Hawthorne Heights name. I'm not the only one. /honesty

If anyone wants to discuss that aspect of Hawthorne Heights (would they be more respected with a different name? would they be less? more commercially successful? less?) intelligently, feel free to quote this. Otherwise, I'm sure I'll receive the standard "fuck you" posts/private messages.
12:22 PM on 06/05/12
poppunkwayo
Registered Member
User Info.
i think they want it to sound like that. raw, and very under produced.
Major labels like Wind-Up can pay for top-notch, professional producers. For doing everything themselves, the band made this release sound very good.
oh i didn't say i didn't like the production i just preferred the clean sounding album, the songs sounded so much more bigger, more anthem like. If Only You Were Lonely & Skeletons were their best sounding albums (production wise) in my opinion, but i enjoy all their full lengths.
12:29 PM on 06/05/12
Siren
asdf
User Info.
The production is excellent in my opinion. It's crisp sounding yet not over-produced at all.
12:30 PM on 06/05/12
buddah knome
Registered Member
User Info.
oh i didn't say i didn't like the production i just preferred the clean sounding album, the songs sounded so much more bigger, more anthem like. If Only You Were Lonely & Skeletons were their best sounding albums (production wise) in my opinion, but i enjoy all their full lengths.
I absolutely love the snare on if on you were lonely. Skeletons and ioywl for sure had the most money put behind them and the production shows for sure! I agree they do sound great.
12:33 PM on 06/05/12
poppunkwayo
Registered Member
User Info.
I absolutely love the snare on if on you were lonely. Skeletons and ioywl for sure had the most money put behind them and the production shows for sure! I agree they do sound great.
yeah the drums definitely sounded the best on if only, so good. im a drummer and thats my favorite part of that album.
12:46 PM on 06/05/12
Amongster
Still On The Sand
User Info.
The first two albums were laughably awful, so I haven't given them much of a chance since then (I mean, why bother, there are tons of legit bands who I'd rather support).

Do they still play a lot of old material live, or is this pretty much a new, reinvented band that just keeps the same old name for business purposes?

I'm sure the hate will flow freely (especially in a thread dedicated to Hawthorne Heights), but truthfully, I'd be more willing to give this new, seemingly well-reviewed band a shot if it wasn't attached to the Hawthorne Heights name. I'm not the only one. /honesty

If anyone wants to discuss that aspect of Hawthorne Heights (would they be more respected with a different name? would they be less? more commercially successful? less?) intelligently, feel free to quote this. Otherwise, I'm sure I'll receive the standard "fuck you" posts/private messages.
If a new Design the Skyline album were to get rave reviews, I don't see why I wouldn't check it out. Bands can produce great material regardless of their name and previous songs. Don't let The Silence in Black and White define Hope for you.
12:57 PM on 06/05/12
buddah knome
Registered Member
User Info.
yeah the drums definitely sounded the best on if only, so good. im a drummer and thats my favorite part of that album.
Im the same way, the drums are one of my favorite part of that album. I think skeletons was the best vocally. Howard kicked JT's ass in the vocal booth on skeletons and it really payed off!
01:00 PM on 06/05/12
goodnewsgeorge
User Info.
not a fan of the creepy child's voice in the songs, but other than that solid EP. I still listen to IOYWL from time to time, I'm happy HH is still a band I still love. haha
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums