AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Blog News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Pentimento Issue Studio Update

Posted by - 01:05 PM on 06/06/12
Pentimento spent the spring recording their debut full-length, but have now written up a lengthy blog post detailing their future plans. They are going back into the studio to record another two songs in order to make sure the album is the product they want to make, then release their first LP in fall. I suggest reading the blog, since it's hilarious.
From the BlogBands have scrapped entire albums and then re-recorded 30 songs only to choose 10 of them to appear on the record. Sometimes it takes years for a band to even think about stepping into a studio (shout-out to my boys in Brand New). I know that things have been quiet on our front lately, but its all attributed to the time were trying to spend to make sure this effort is our best one yet.

Displaying posts 1 - 13 of 13
01:07 PM on 06/06/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
"It seemed like it’d be a long-shot to actually make another studio session work, and at first - I was ready to give up on the idea and just keep my fingers crossed that Absolutepunk would review it, and Thomas Nassiff would love it so much that he’d start tweeting about our record as much as he tweets about basketball. But the more I thought about it (the record thing, not the Thomas thing), the more I couldn’t ignore that if we didn’t do something pro-active, we weren’t going to be totally happy with the finished product…and in my head, there’s nothing worse than that."

01:12 PM on 06/06/12
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Album artwork is at the end of the post on POZ too
01:15 PM on 06/06/12
PirateSkater182
I want a new username.
User Info.
Thanks AP for showing me this band a while back. Curious to hear this final product of new songs.
01:18 PM on 06/06/12
_veges_
User Info.
Cool artwork, I'm glad they're taking their time and making sure it's a good final product
01:19 PM on 06/06/12
KingTony723
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Love these guys, probably gonna do merch for them on one of their weekend runs in the future. Buffalove <3
01:20 PM on 06/06/12
Jake Jenkins
jakej654.bandcamp.com
User Info.
"It seemed like it’d be a long-shot to actually make another studio session work, and at first - I was ready to give up on the idea and just keep my fingers crossed that Absolutepunk would review it, and Thomas Nassiff would love it so much that he’d start tweeting about our record as much as he tweets about basketball. But the more I thought about it (the record thing, not the Thomas thing), the more I couldn’t ignore that if we didn’t do something pro-active, we weren’t going to be totally happy with the finished product…and in my head, there’s nothing worse than that."

hahahaha thats hilarious
01:20 PM on 06/06/12
xBranx
Brandon Pagano / Handguns
User Info.
Exactly how more bands should feel about their music.

Mike really blogs with his personality.. Haha.
01:36 PM on 06/06/12
gurby
the kids can't lose
User Info.
Cannot cannot cannot wait to hear this. Love these dudes so much.
01:45 PM on 06/06/12
waybackhome
Pentimento / Mike Hansen
User Info.
Thanks so much for posting! and thank you guys for reading! we really appreciate it.
01:48 PM on 06/06/12
waybackhome
Pentimento / Mike Hansen
User Info.
Album artwork is at the end of the post on POZ too
Thanks a lot for helping out man.
02:05 PM on 06/06/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Funny read. Excited to hear the new material.
01:55 AM on 06/07/12
GetUpAndrew
The Things We Think We're Missing
User Info.
I'm so excited for their full lenght. Everything they've released so far has been incredibly good.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos