08:59 PM on 06/06/12
therookielot
the shape of punk just came
User Info.
09:41 PM on 06/06/12
ReklessJake
Crossfit for Hope
User Info.
I got the VIP backstage pass upgrade for free because my uncle works for Red Cross. He just gave me a bunch of them. I probably won't even use them.
Feel free to share those. Even if u want some money in return
10:21 PM on 06/06/12
PictureHealing
User Info.
Hey all!
For those of you in question of what the VIP voucher grants you... @btown4life is right on target. There are multiple features including VIP meet ups and restricted areas within the show venue allow donors to meet bands, take pictures and get autographs.

If thats not cool enough... maybe saving someones life is?! We think giving blood is worth it regardless of the VIP upgrade. We're just happy to give you something cool for doing it...

Secondly, if you do not have an iPhone you can still participate by ordering a print of a your pictures from any app at msl.picturehealing.com to guarantee your VIP pass. Check it out! 100% of proceeds go to Music Saves Lives!

Lastly, to answer @jennarossity (amazing name btw!) we run campaigns like this one with the Vans Warped Tour to generate donations to the organizations that are participating. On top of that 50% of our profits from each campaign get dispersed amongst all the charities on the app!

BIG THANKS to Jason and the AbsolutePunk.net crew fro reposting! even despite his trypanophobia!!

Much Love!
11:06 PM on 06/06/12
Xiegfried
Reconnect This
User Info.
The next time I'll be able to donate would be four days before this promotion ends, so I'll probably have to pass. It would be awesome to be able to have a meet and greet with Yellowcard, though.
11:16 PM on 06/06/12
wtfjaked
Tortoise Tamer
User Info.
Hey all!
For those of you in question of what the VIP voucher grants you... @btown4life is right on target. There are multiple features including VIP meet ups and restricted areas within the show venue allow donors to meet bands, take pictures and get autographs.

If thats not cool enough... maybe saving someones life is?! We think giving blood is worth it regardless of the VIP upgrade. We're just happy to give you something cool for doing it...

Secondly, if you do not have an iPhone you can still participate by ordering a print of a your pictures from any app at msl.picturehealing.com to guarantee your VIP pass. Check it out! 100% of proceeds go to Music Saves Lives!

Lastly, to answer @jennarossity (amazing name btw!) we run campaigns like this one with the Vans Warped Tour to generate donations to the organizations that are participating. On top of that 50% of our profits from each campaign get dispersed amongst all the charities on the app!

BIG THANKS to Jason and the AbsolutePunk.net crew fro reposting! even despite his trypanophobia!!

Much Love!
Good cause. Does plasma donation count? Or just blood donation?
01:17 AM on 06/07/12
Journey408
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i donated blood once for warped tour in 07 for a pass or something. i will never donate blood again. it sucked so bad and i almost threw up from blood loss.
i didn't mind donating blood, but the "vip passes" fucking suck
last year when i had regular backstage passes, i heard one of the stage managers say that the blood donors are
the bottom of the barrel, that they get last dibs on stage-side spots
so whack

There's too much swag in my bloodstream for me to share.
/thread
02:53 AM on 06/07/12
karadotcollett
altmusiclife.tumblr.com
User Info.
If I weighed enough I would donate blood anyway... but I think you have to weigh like 120 and I don't so...
06:23 AM on 06/07/12
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i didn't mind donating blood, but the "vip passes" fucking suck
last year when i had regular backstage passes, i heard one of the stage managers say that the blood donors are
the bottom of the barrel, that they get last dibs on stage-side spots
so whack

/thread

Well they're not the "very bottom," but it's not like there's a real priority order in place or whatever haha. The side stages are small, and can only fit so many people, so they do be sure certain people can fit first.
09:34 AM on 06/07/12
fallfromgrace85
CephaLOVEpod
User Info.
At least the people who CAN donate, should. It would be nice to see a band from backstage, don't get my wrong. But I was born to military parents in the UK and lived there for 2 years - rendering me incapable of giving blood, according to the rule-makers. Anybody who can give, should - I really wish I could. I'm considering becoming a marrow donor, as painful as it is, because I just want to give something back.
12:48 PM on 06/07/12
PictureHealing
User Info.
I love the positive vibe in these comments now! Sorry to hear that there were some unfortunate backstage pass situations in the past, thats a bummer. Sometimes the security guards on tours (any tour, not just VWT) can be a bunch of rough necks. Most of my bad experiences at shows have been with security guards to be honest... it's always a bummer when they power trip.

I personally loved going to VWT. Back in the day when Glassjaw and Thrice we're on the tour... some of my favorite shows!!

I really appreciate you guys all taking the time to have the dialogue about the campaign. These types of things truly do make a major impact in the blood supply over the summer months when it is at it's lowest. Music Saves Lives typically is able to raise the national supply by 5% single handedly through these sort of programs... thats HUGE! All because people like you jump in and help out and talk about it.

Thanks so much for the support and even the non-supportive dialogue... awareness is a major factor too!

All the best,
Chris
Founder/Guru of PictureHealing
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles