Username
Password
Decaydance Records News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Decaydance Records
Inside AP.net

The Ready Set Writes A Lot of Songs

Posted by: Thomas Nassiff (06/07/12)
The Ready Set has confirmed that about 40 songs have been written for a new album. Jordan Witzigreuter also talked about when the release is expected.
From the InterviewSomething is always getting pushed back Ė if I say something comes out in May, itís going to come out in July. That seems to be the common situation. So my way of dealing with that is just constantly writing. Iíll deal with whenever something comes out, but I want to have stuff ready for the future. I never want to be in that position when itís time to put out a new song, and I donít anything to release. So literally every day, Iím trying to write a song, trying to get something done.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 17.
07:51 PM on 06/07/12
xxfortneyface
User Info.
The Ready Set has confirmed that about 40 songs have been written for a new album. Jordan Witzigreuter also talked about when the release is expected.
From the InterviewSomething is always getting pushed back Ė if I say something comes out in May, itís going to come out in July. That seems to be the common situation. So my way of dealing with that is just constantly writing. Iíll deal with whenever something comes out, but I want to have stuff ready for the future. I never want to be in that position when itís time to put out a new song, and I donít anything to release. So literally every day, Iím trying to write a song, trying to get something done.

40 songs written? Or 40 loops programmed in GarageBand?

If you're writing a song a day...I'm assuming you aren't writing very quality songs..
07:51 PM on 06/07/12
avengedtbs
May your music break my eardrums
User Info.
I'll just get it out of the way before like 100 people say it: maybe they shouldn't write so many shitty songs and just concentrate on writing 10 or so good ones.
08:10 PM on 06/07/12
plns
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
40 songs written? Or 40 loops programmed in GarageBand?

If you're writing a song a day...I'm assuming you aren't writing very quality songs..
He is probably co-writing with people. I'm guessing someone comes to him with a song that is 75% complete and then they finish the rest together.
08:10 PM on 06/07/12
plns
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'll just get it out of the way before like 100 people say it: maybe they shouldn't write so many shitty songs and just concentrate on writing 10 or so good ones.
Every artist does this. It's rarely as many as 40 but every band usually always writes 15-20 songs for a record with only 10-12 getting released.
08:39 PM on 06/07/12
justsurrendrfan
jsfan
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

I'm assuming he's writing quick simple songs. If he would go over the songs and add/change/ modify til they were good that is one thing, but it seems like he's putting out music on a assembly line basis. I'm sure the 12 year old girls that listen to TRS won't know the difference in song quality anyway
09:23 PM on 06/07/12
Journey408
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
1 song is already too much
11:06 PM on 06/07/12
dylanandtea
all luck and pop-punk.
User Info.
I'm assuming he's writing quick simple songs. If he would go over the songs and add/change/ modify til they were good that is one thing, but it seems like he's putting out music on a assembly line basis. I'm sure the 12 year old girls that listen to TRS won't know the difference in song quality anyway

yeah, doeg. thirtysomeodd songs in three years. that really is like an assembly line. YIKES. somebody should let Jordan know how crazy he is being.

DUDE. YOU'RE LUCKY I'M TRYING TO SLEEP. OTHERWISE, I MIGHT USE A REALLY SARCASTIC EMOTICON. GET IT THROUGH YOUR SKULL. YOU SOUND CRAZY.
12:21 AM on 06/08/12
spansen
and then what happens?
User Info.
yeah, doeg. thirtysomeodd songs in three years. that really is like an assembly line. YIKES. somebody should let Jordan know how crazy he is being.

DUDE. YOU'RE LUCKY I'M TRYING TO SLEEP. OTHERWISE, I MIGHT USE A REALLY SARCASTIC EMOTICON. GET IT THROUGH YOUR SKULL. YOU SOUND CRAZY.
01:41 AM on 06/08/12
The Gunz Show
twitter.com/thegunzshow
User Info.
his new song "Give me Your Hand," is awesome and the chorus is so catchy.
his new stuff is gonna be awesome.

- Gunz
02:48 AM on 06/08/12
caraeryn
Hey, got any grapes?
User Info.
I haven't been able to get into anything they've recorded but I unintentionally caught the end of their set at Soundwave and they actually sounded pretty great live - from the part I heard, at least.
06:41 AM on 06/08/12
dylanandtea
all luck and pop-punk.
User Info.
his new song "Give me Your Hand," is awesome and the chorus is so catchy.
his new stuff is gonna be awesome.

- Gunz

I want to thank you for your positivity. Fuck yeah, dirtypop.
10:49 AM on 06/08/12
HeyItsAllyssa
Graphic Designer / AllyssaMarae.com
User Info.
I just don't quite get this band, nonetheless I will give the music a listen but I doubt I will like it. Just not my style.
10:50 AM on 06/08/12
justsurrendrfan
jsfan
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

It said 100 not 30. And I wasn't referring to past albums. But outside of "Love like woe" I don't see many popular songs. And including that one I don't see any high quality songs, but I sound crazy? Ooooh k
03:23 PM on 06/08/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
He's put out some good stuff, so I'll listen to whatever he puts out.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS