AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 1 posts.
06:30 PM on 06/08/12
trevorshmevor
User Info.
Other than the section about the vocals, I agree 100% with this review. I personally think Sam's screams on this record vary more than they do on any other record they've released. You wanna talk monotony in his screams, look no further than Hollow Crown. I've always wanted the cleans to be a little grittier in this band, and I think they accomplished that on some of that in some parts on this album; but overall I've just come to terms with the naturally smooth tone of Sam's clean singing.

Like I said though, other than the part about the vocals, this review is fucking spot on. They are great at putting together airy, atmospheric parts into their songs, but in a lot of the songs on this album, they tend to drag on for way too long. "Outsider Heart" is so promising until about halfway through, where it really just falls apart. Despite my like for The Here And Now, I'm happy this band has returned to a heavier sound again. I just wish they'd bring back some more of those classic mathy riffs of their earlier days. I want to like this album, but I have a feeling the lasting value will not be very long with it (for me, anyway).

EDIT: Not really sure where all of these Underoath comparisons are coming from though, I'm not hearing that at all.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums