AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Alkaline Trio News - Page 11
Displaying posts 150 - 165 of 269.
02:17 PM on 06/08/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
I don't know how to put people on ignore.

I just wish your stupid chattering cunt could refrain from quoting me. I'd rather spend the night slamming Natty Ices with kidinthebushes than read your idiotic posts.
02:17 PM on 06/08/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Because there's a difference between what you describe ... and this. You either didn't watch the videos pouring in ... or are in complete denial.

Nah I watched em
02:19 PM on 06/08/12
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.

I just wish your stupid chattering cunt could refrain from quoting me. I'd rather spend the night slamming Natty Ices with kidinthebushes than read your idiotic posts.
Quote Quote Quote!

You don't know how?! haha not only are you a pussy, you're mentally challenged. This is great.

I suggest you learn, bitch.
02:21 PM on 06/08/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
I don't understand your motivation when you do this in threads.
02:22 PM on 06/08/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Yeah, well he has the right to have a bad night and not be made out to be some sort of villain by Internet crusaders who didn't even buy a ticket or go to the show.

You keep making these vague allusions to him getting help, but clearly his well-being is secondary to the preference of posters in here wanting to just shit talk him and feel morally superior.

No one needs to be "pissed" about this. If you watch that video and feel anything other than sad or bad about his situation, you need to get over yourself.
He has the right to do whatever he wants, absolutely true. He can flush his career with continued performances like this if he wants. I'm not saying he can't. You're getting upset about people's rightful reactions though -- he can keep embarrassing himself, people can keep getting pissed -- until there is no one left to buy his shit. He should take some more responsibility than he did though.

How is that clear? You can't make shit up and pretend it's true. Dude needs help.

And for some the feeling of sad or upset over something is akin to being "pissed." And yes, watching someone you care about on some level destroy themselves is perfectly fine to get pissed about in my book.
02:22 PM on 06/08/12
TragedyofMariam
myspace.com/thetragedyofmariam
User Info.
haha I love skiba but the "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!?!?!" was hilarious.
i came here to say this...i lol'd HARD
02:23 PM on 06/08/12
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.
I don't understand your motivation when you do this in threads.
It amuses me.
02:24 PM on 06/08/12
HereOnAndOut
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
If the bar is set at: be able to actually play the songs, that's not safe and secure and low risk. They don't even have to SOUND good ... but actually being able to play/sing/remember them is a really fucking low bar to step over. Otherwise I might as well stand on stage for the night when you expect to see someone else ... spontaneity!

Lol thank you. I've seen Matt 20+ times and this was embarrassing
02:25 PM on 06/08/12
HereOnAndOut
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

Lol
02:25 PM on 06/08/12
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.
He has the right to do whatever he wants, absolutely true. He can flush his career with continued performances like this if he wants. I'm not saying he can't. You're getting upset about people's rightful reactions though -- he can keep embarrassing himself, people can keep getting pissed -- until there is no one left to buy his shit. He should take some more responsibility than he did though.

How is that clear? You can't make shit up and pretend it's true. Dude needs help.

And for some the feeling of sad or upset over something is akin to being "pissed." And yes, watching someone you care about on some level destroy themselves is perfectly fine to get pissed about in my book.
You've been spot on in this thread, btw. Just wanted you to know.
02:26 PM on 06/08/12
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
There's a difference between a bad show ... and this. There's a difference between a bad day at work ... and this. I mean, come on.

I get giving the guy the benefit of the doubt and seeing him at another show -- but he also RIGHTLY deserves to know this is not ok and he needs some help. He really shouldn't get a fucking pass for this kind of behavior.

I wasn't there and if I was, I'd be disappointed, yes. And the guy blatantly needs help. But seriously, a Macbook joke? Skiba ISN'T an asshole and has actually made memorable music. Comparing the guy to Jonny Craig even jokingly is ridiculous. I don't think anybody's giving the guy a pass, save for maybe the guy who brought up Iggy Pop and Sid Vicious. I feel bad for anybody who went to the show. I havent heard about shoddy performances til this thread, but yeah, if this is a pattern, he should take a break. I will admit I'm reconsidering buying tickets to their show next month, unless future dates show this was proven to be a onetime thing. But anybody abandoning him as a fan over this is the worst kind of fairweather fan and probably never identified with his music in the first place.

Anyways, I hope he gets help. Not fun seeing someone you hold in high esteem at such an obvious low. Hopefully this is rockbottom for him.
02:28 PM on 06/08/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
I guess "we'll see" how this pans out. I wish the best for Matt and I hope he can overcome his demons. He's obviously dealing with a lot of emotions stemming from his divorce. That's gotta suck. If he needs a break from performing live his band needs to respect that. To those of you that went to the show....tough shit. Be mad. Be sad. Demand your money. Steamroll your Matt Skiba albums! Either way, be well, Matt.
02:31 PM on 06/08/12
rawesome
Listen to Dave Hause pls
User Info.

Yeah you're just totally missing the point here. It's not about your reaction to this situation, and for you to make that the case is the height of ignorance. If you really want him to get help and turn his life around, which I believe you do, then I don't see why you (or anyone, that's a general "you") would even be mad in the first place. If you recognize that there's a legitimate issue, that shouldn't anger you. You wouldn't get mad at someone with other serious disorders or addictions.

But everyone just feels like he should be their fucking puppet and if he doesn't live up to their expectations they get to dress him down. It's just fucked up that your "fans" would turn on you and put their own frustrations in the forefront when you're clearly going through something traumatizing.
02:35 PM on 06/08/12
birdman
DUNGEON MASTER
User Info.
Wow. This thread is funny.

***Note: all your favorite bands have gotten a little out of hand before a show before...unless your favorite is Kenny fucking g.

Agreed 100%

He played a shit show, most of you weren't there, those who were are out $15. Calm down and move on.
02:37 PM on 06/08/12
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
I guess "we'll see" how this pans out. I wish the best for Matt and I hope he can overcome his demons. He's obviously dealing with a lot of emotions stemming from his divorce. That's gotta suck. If he needs a break from performing live his band needs to respect that. To those of you that went to the show....tough shit. Be mad. Be sad. Demand your money. Steamroll your Matt Skiba albums! Either way, be well, Matt.

I second this as a good way for me to be done with this thread as well lol.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums