dumb
User Info.
Hold on let me consult my punk rock handbook right quick

ok
12:01 PM on 06/09/12
brokenmixtape
Starry configurations
User Info.
I was at the Chicago show the other night and as disappointed as I was, it doesn't necessarily change my opinion of him. I met him at Warped a few years ago and he was really nice. I know he's had issues in the past and like everyone else has said here I hope he gets help. I've been an Alkaline Trio fan since the early 2000's and will always be one. It was my first time seeing him drunk/fucked up (whatever you want to call it) live, and I had heard stories from multiple people in the past that he used to be drunk at shows all the time back in the day.

As sad as it was, I just hope he realizes he has a problem and gets help. I'm happy the Cleveland show was better. Still a Trio (and Sekrets fan) and will always be one.
12:12 PM on 06/09/12
Dylan01
User Info.
12:18 PM on 06/09/12
phillipjacob
@phillipjacob
User Info.
Some of the things people on here argue about make me wonder if those people have a life outside of the internet, go get laid, etc. besides argue over who is and who isn't right about something all the time.

Most of the time it's over semantics anyways.
12:34 PM on 06/09/12
Drown_The_City
A contender now throwing the fight
User Info.

He talks about his divorce too...

definitely way too fucked up to do anything sensible...

you see nathan walk up to him and try to give him water but he refuses
12:35 PM on 06/09/12
Drown_The_City
A contender now throwing the fight
User Info.
Does anyone have the video? I am a huge trio fan, have been since 98'... and was wanting to see what happened. I can't believe it is as bad as what everyone is saying...
see below
01:07 PM on 06/09/12
KingRalph
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Looks like johnny craig has some competetion.
02:26 PM on 06/09/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Examples of angry punk fans demanding that the Ramones, Buzzcocks, Black Flag, Descendents, etc. act like some arbitrarily preconceived notion of "professional," please... If you can just provide one story about someone being surprised about some OG punk band being too fucked up, I'll be impressed.
You can find the Internet that existed back when these punk bands were playing, ill be glad to find you something. Or a story where somebody was completely incapacitated such as this - the burden of finding such an example is on you you're the one that said it happened.
02:51 PM on 06/09/12
Cursethishearse
@bradleyjp
User Info.
I hear that. I don't think there's anything wrong with doing some drinking before a show to loosen up or have a good time or w/e, but there's a line between drinking before a show and getting FUCKED UP before a show. I've seen ALK3 multiple times and they've always been tight.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with doing it to loosen up. Recklessly drinking isn't acceptable at all. I've seen Matt fairly wasted but nothing like this.
05:57 PM on 06/09/12
EchoPark
promesas son sombras
User Info.

He talks about his divorce too...

definitely way too fucked up to do anything sensible...

you see nathan walk up to him and try to give him water but he refuses
As someone who has looked up to and supported Matt Skiba for the better part of 15 years, watching this is very sad.

Guy is obviously in a very bad place in his life right now if he gets this wrecked before going on stage. I hope he can get his shit together.
07:15 PM on 06/09/12
TidingsFromSean
I saw water
User Info.
This wasn't as embarrassing as that guy from Asking Alexandria making an ass out of himself. Well, I guess being in Asking Alexandria is embarrassing enough.

Anyway, I love Matt and everything he's put out, hope the dude gets serious help.
08:14 PM on 06/09/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Every band has rough nights. It is not an excuse but he recognized it and hopefully future shows are better. Matt Skiba does have a golden touch for music so I can give him a pass but then again I was not there and pissed about money paid.
10:31 PM on 06/09/12
WhitefalconTLE
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Went to the Philly show tonight, Matt sounded great!
01:29 PM on 06/10/12
pierce007
Registered Tool
User Info.
If anyone went how was empires?
empires killed it, as expected. Them and Smoking Popes were amazing.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums