Username
Password
Alkaline Trio News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 269.
10:47 AM on 06/08/12
crutchfield
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
so he had a bad night. matts a super nice guy. give him a break.
10:47 AM on 06/08/12
rawesome
Listen to Dave Hause pls
User Info.
At one point last night, I pointed out to my roommate that we were experiencing what was going to be the biggest punk-related story on the Internet today.

It was really something to see. And it's definitely one show that I'll never forget.

EDIT: And yeah, I wasn't mad about it or anything. I did feel really shitty for him in some places. The whole night really made my heart hurt.
10:48 AM on 06/08/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Did attendees get refunds?
10:48 AM on 06/08/12
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
https://twitter.com/matttskiba/statu...35285973254144

I'm calling bullshit. I could understand if it was some kind of experimental music/record he was scared of introducing it to the audience, but there was nothing different from Babylon and the last few Trio records.
yeah, that has to be a coverup tweet
10:49 AM on 06/08/12
dmcaloon
www.facebook.com/The30thOfFebruary
User Info.
https://twitter.com/matttskiba/statu...35285973254144

I'm calling bullshit. I could understand if it was some kind of experimental music/record he was scared of introducing it to the audience, but there was nothing different from Babylon and the last few Trio records.
Hah.. "pretty" sober. What a joke.
10:49 AM on 06/08/12
SuNDaYSTaR
[Pull The Trigger]
User Info.
Wow, that was really embarrassing to watch.
10:51 AM on 06/08/12
Tim McCall
TBD
User Info.
That was really hard to watch. Yikes.
10:52 AM on 06/08/12
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
holy hell that video is a complete mess, even worse than I thought it would be
10:53 AM on 06/08/12
patentpending
http://www.mattskibafans.com/
User Info.
Skiba playing a show drunk and even forgetting lyrics is absolutely nothing new for Trio/Skiba fans, they know what to expect when they're going to a show, which is why I find this particular episode disturbing and worrisome. I can't recall it ever being this bad, not for quite some time.

And if you're to believe him and he was sober, which I don't believe because he posted an instagram photo of at least one drink he had on the day of the show, on top of the fact that he spent some time before the show in a bar, then he has debilitating anxiety on stage when he's sober.

But honestly, since this isn't the first incident like this for him in the past few months and has actually been pretty candid about his drug and alcohol use recently, he's got a serious problem that obviously needs sorting out. I feel sorry for the people who paid for a ticket and were let down and I feel bad for Matt who is obviously experiencing a major rough patch. I hope the rest of his shows go well, or, if needed, I hope that he goes back home and does what he needs to do to get himself together, but he doesn't seem like the type for such a thing. :\
10:57 AM on 06/08/12
scott!athedisco
User Info.
After reading the Sekret's facebook page and taking into account the flawless performances I've seen him give over the past few years, I don't think this is too big of a deal. If I had one bad work day in a career of 16 years, I'd be stoked. Apologize to the fans, play an extra long set in chicago next time, and laugh about this one day in an interview way down the line.
10:59 AM on 06/08/12
HogarthHughes
Paint the Streets in White
User Info.
That was painful to watch. As a songwriter and person that I respect highly, I hope he can get his affairs in order. This is the second time in a month that he's had to apologize to concertgoers.
10:59 AM on 06/08/12
kidinthebushes
User Info.
Its amazing how long I've been a fan of this guy and Alkaline Trio, and how quickly I'm starting to hate him.

What else has he done recently?
11:00 AM on 06/08/12
bil
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i actually shot this video, really was hoping to capture a great video of the first song from their debut performance and instead i got this. It was terrible. Props to the Smoking Popes though who sounded incredible as always.
11:00 AM on 06/08/12
justin182
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I was there. After the first or second "song" he said something along the lines of,''Fuck it, anyone got some heroine?" to the crowd (away from the mic). The keyboard player was the most unhappy, storming back on stage to shut him up during the trio song. He kept leaning on her and kissing her neck, and she was having none of it. People shouting "Fuck you Skiba" and him replying "I know, noted." He constantly kept apologizing "I'll admit, I showed up a little ill-prepared...you got your money worth though right?" The stand full of lyrics and his inability to do anything really was rough to watch.

empires and smoking popes killed it though.
11:01 AM on 06/08/12
randys950
@randys950
User Info.
that was hard to watch. i felt so bad for the bandmembers who worked so hard for the first show only to be embarrassed by the frontman.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums