Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 10 posts.
12:39 PM on 06/08/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Stupid German ...

connect with FB / make a fake username / watch.

I'll see if I can figure out a better embed without that garbage.
12:54 PM on 06/08/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
"Here Comes My Man"

Gaahhh, another good one.

I probably missed the memo on this, but do they now have an official 5th member or no?
I think official title is touring guitarist for Ian. But that may have changed.
12:55 PM on 06/08/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Hopefully whatever studio session they recorded all this footage for gets released at some point.
Yeah, even if it's all just uncut .. haha, that would be an awesome DVD. I want this for every song on the album -- haha.
12:58 PM on 06/08/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Shit I can't wait for the vinyl!

Do we have an official release date yet?
July 24th
01:10 PM on 06/08/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Hey, question. I know you're a huge fan of 59 Sound, so how does this stack up with that record in your opinion?
Need more time before I'd ever be able to really compare ... this is a monster of an album though, IMO. If you look at them objectively, I'd probably go with this ... and if I continue to develop an emotional connection to this album (which is why I love 59 so much) there's a damn good chance it passes it. That's what remains to see where they end up I think ... cause the personal connection so many people have with 59 Sound makes it hard to ever truly "surpass" in a sense.
01:12 PM on 06/08/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Presale is up on Shop Radio Cast, but assuming there will be limited editions colored vinyl as well

http://www.shopradiocast.com/product...ritten-LP.html
Ooh, not sure if I wanna just do it or wait ... hmmm ... getting a vinyl (and deluxe version) for sure though.
01:16 PM on 06/08/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
As I listen to Sink or Swim on the bus right now here's a question for you: what are the odds Gaslight plays at least one show where they play SoS front to back for the 10 year anniversary in a few years. I'd pay several hundred dollars for a ticket.

No idea. I'd love that live album for sure.
01:17 PM on 06/08/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Yeah yeah I know exactly what you mean. They can release the best record in the history of the world and it may not compare to the feeling I got the first time I pushed play on "Great Expectations." Good to hear it's a contender for their best record though. I mostly just hope that this is "the one" though, you know? The record that gives them that push into the mainstream. I hope they do land in the Hall of Fame like Brian says haha. I feel like they're grounded enough dudes that success isn't going to go to their heads; they're gonna keep busting their collective ass to make this band great no matter what happens, I'd imagine.
Every time I play this one I get chills at new parts -- it certainly "feels" special. It feels like this could really be that kind of album for fans/new fans alike. I can't wait to see what happens -- but man, it's got some emotional weight behind it for sure.
01:53 PM on 06/08/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
I am loving everything you are saying about this album. From an overall production standpoint, where does it stack up? More specifically, O'Neil's work on this. So many people were concerned that he could not do as well as Ted Hitt. I thought he was a great choice given his track record and what the band is looking for.
The production is perfect. No reason to be worried.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums