Username
Password
Tour Dates News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Tour Dates
Inside AP.net

The Impossibles Discuss Reunion

Posted by: Thomas Nassiff (06/09/12)
The Impossibles are preparing to play some reunion shows, and frontman Rory Phillips discussed the reunion and playing those old songs.
From the InterviewSo you get in the practice room for the first time and you start actually have to sing the words to these songs again. Youíve obviously produced bands, youíre a fan of music. How do you think the music sits now?
I think itís really awesome. Thereís sort of a freshness and a vitality to music that is written by people who havenít been told the right way to do things yet. Some of the chord changes in the songs are insane. They make absolutely no sense whatsoever, and if I was writing the song now I would probably make it a lot more bland, honestly. When I was 17 I didnít give a fuck! Letís just chromatically go down the scale! Just every single fucking note! Who cares what key the song is in?

I think there was a period where I was definitely sort of embarrassed by the early stuff. But now itís like I just appreciate it on this whole other level, where itís like now Iím embarrassed for being embarrassed. Itís embarrassed-ception! Itís a lot more fun for me now to just throw all those sort of insecurities out the window and just enjoy the music for what it is.

Displaying posts 1 - 8 of 8.
04:20 PM on 06/09/12
mutinie
make us aware
User Info.
Really? No comments? These guys were great.
10:50 PM on 06/09/12
Chalie22
User Info.
these guys were awesome

though I doubt they will ever come to the east coast
10:33 AM on 06/10/12
nicksteinborn
The Wonder Years / Nick
User Info.
I love this band. Would love to see them.
07:52 AM on 06/11/12
Blink2226
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I was there and it was awesome. I even found someone who has the Micheal Jackson "Ben" cover. I hope they email it to me i have been looking for that song for years
01:59 PM on 06/11/12
kittypants
lordsaveusfromourscene.co m
User Info.
I was at the show last night and they were AWESOME. Loved it!
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS