Username
Password
Tour Dates News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Tour Dates
Inside AP.net

Maniac Drop Off Foxy Shazam Tour

Posted by: Thomas Nassiff (06/10/12)
Maniac is dropping off of its support slot on the Tabernacle Tour this summer, which is being headlined by Foxy Shazam, due to a lack of funds. The group has posted about what it will be doing this summer instead.
From the Post With an unexpected free summer, Jake is going to return home to Sydney to finish a long-awaited new Numbers record, and we're going to return to original form-- writing the remainder of Sons of Summer via gchat, as we began this cross-continental project a couple years back. To be honest, it seems counter-intuitive, but the challenge of a Pacific Ocean between us is inspiring. Post-summer, when next we record, we will give you all the best Maniac music to date.

Submitted by irthesteve

Displaying posts 1 - 7 of 7
08:28 PM on 06/10/12
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
quite a bummer, I really hope Sons of Summer comes out great
09:25 PM on 06/10/12
A7XXX
Temple Pressure
User Info.
What a shame. I haven't been able to see them on this tour yet and was planning to check out both Maniac and Foxy Shazam on this tour
11:32 PM on 06/10/12
hectorial85
Saved The Day
User Info.
Its a bummer but there is a bright side - New SWN - and they're not breaking up. Sons Of Summer will be tops when its done. Lots to look forward to.
04:21 AM on 06/11/12
MarkJ801
User Info.
That's too bad, I was lucky enough to see them when Foxy came here a few months ago, though and they were awesome. Still would rather have The Matches, but oh well.
06:26 AM on 06/11/12
jdr277
I got a lion in my pocket I'm lying
User Info.
We lost The Matches due to finances and now Maniac is suffering?!! Please if you see Shawn Harris in the street (he will be the one that looks like a mixture of Jack White, and Johnny Depp but much Poorer) please throw money at him. Also, Mr Jitters, Bird by Bird, and Shawn Harris for the love of god start a kickstarter for a new Matches album! It would be funded in less than 24hrs I promise you! All your projects are OK but the Matches are Legend...... wait for it........ Dary!
01:36 PM on 06/11/12
moronindisguise
User Info.
This guy is too good of an artist to struggle like this. I wish nothing but great things for Maniac, I love this band.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests