AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

AP.net Related News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

AP.net Interview: Canterbury

Posted by - 02:39 AM on 06/11/12
With second full-length Heavy In The Day out on July 9th, Canterbury are gearing up for a huge summer. In our interview the band discuss their new album, British music and giving away their first record for free. Check out their brand new video for "Saviour" in the replies.
From the interviewWe figured we could leak it but leak it officially and we can get rid of the illegality of downloading music and give it to people for free because as a tiny band we couldnít expect people to fork out iTunes prices or whatever. We thought ďas an offering, hereís our free album. If you donít like it you can delete it, if you do like it maybe youíll come to a showĒ. You canít put a price on an MP3 really Ė itís something that doesnít have an overhead Ė itís just there on the internet, it exists. In theory itís not worthless but itís priceless.

Displaying posts 1 - 7 of 7
02:39 AM on 06/11/12
Andy Biddulph
Staff Writer @asbiddulph
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
04:21 AM on 06/11/12
SomedayTheFire
when I die there'll be no trumpets
User Info.
Thank You was good. The band are great live.
04:34 AM on 06/11/12
georgedcc
User Info.
Such a nice band. I think I donated a fiver to download Thank You and they sent me a goody bag with a thank you note and sweets and loads of cool stuff. I'm not totally in love with them musically, but that was such a nice gesture by them, that I'll always respect them.
06:44 AM on 06/11/12
JamesMichael
Fight Fuck Regret
User Info.
Good interview these guys have come a long way since the first album. My favourite song by them is Gloria. Curious to when this interview took place though because Sheffield is right next to me and its not snowed here in about 4 or 5 month.
02:46 PM on 06/11/12
perry_mason
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
these guys must be one of the best bands in the uk.

ok so i don't know enough uk bands but even if i did, they would still easily rate in the top 10.
03:27 PM on 06/11/12
defy_stars
midnight nuisance
User Info.
I loved Thank You, good to know a second album is coming up

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT