Username
Password
Rise Records News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Rise Records
Inside AP.net

New Bouncing Souls Record Streaming

Posted by: Thomas Nassiff (06/11/12)
Stream the new Bouncing Souls record, Comet, here. It comes out tomorrow via Rise Records. Leave your thoughts in the replies, or else.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 24.
10:55 AM on 06/11/12
TidingsFromSean
I saw water
User Info.
hahaha I love the album artwork so much
11:05 AM on 06/11/12
246toothpicks
User Info.
Love the 1st half
11:07 AM on 06/11/12
domotime2
User Info.
hmmm i believe i submitted this? ohhhhhh welll ha
11:08 AM on 06/11/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Eh. Was hoping for more after that HWM album kicked so much ass. It's ... not bad ... just not my favorite.
11:20 AM on 06/11/12
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
User Info.
Eh. Was hoping for more after that HWM album kicked so much ass. It's ... not bad ... just not my favorite.

That seems to be the general concensus. It's a "you get exactly what you expected, and if you love the band you'll love it but if you only like them...you'll only like it" kind of record. They've had worse, but they've certainly had far better.

At the very least it's more cohesive as a record than Ghosts on the Boardwalk was.

Personally, I've rocked this quite a few times already and I can safely say it's a grower. I mean, it's definitely no Exsiter or On the Impossible Past but y'know...
11:20 AM on 06/11/12
Full Effect Ed
Nonstop Disco Powerpack
User Info.
Love it...reminds me of Maniacal Laughter so much
11:24 AM on 06/11/12
tuneouttunein37
User Info.
half way through it and im definitely digging it a lot. perfect summer record.
11:35 AM on 06/11/12
ilovesofie
was I good to you, wife of my youth
User Info.
That seems to be the general concensus. It's a "you get exactly what you expected, and if you love the band you'll love it but if you only like them...you'll only like it" kind of record. They've had worse, but they've certainly had far better.

At the very least it's more cohesive as a record than Ghosts on the Boardwalk was.

Personally, I've rocked this quite a few times already and I can safely say it's a grower. I mean, it's definitely no Exsiter or On the Impossible Past but y'know...
Could not agree more. It does not touch Anchors Aweigh, How I Spent My Summer Vacation or The Gold Record.
11:47 AM on 06/11/12
heyguys123
User Info.
whaaaat. i think this is their best record since summer vacation. y'all are crazy.
12:06 PM on 06/11/12
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.

To be fair, even if its no Exister, On The Impossible Past, or Handwritten it could still wind up being a top five album

Two tracks in so far. First song was good, but didn't really sound like the Souls. Second song is much more bouncing souls sounding. Both are good, though not Hopeless Romantic/Summer Vacation good at first listen.
12:10 PM on 06/11/12
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
User Info.
Could not agree more. It does not touch Anchors Aweigh, How I Spent My Summer Vacation or The Gold Record.

whaaaat. i think this is their best record since summer vacation. y'all are crazy.

To be fair, even if its no Exister, On The Impossible Past, or Handwritten it could still wind up being a top five album

Two tracks in so far. First song was good, but didn't really sound like the Souls. Second song is much more bouncing souls sounding. Both are good, though not Hopeless Romantic/Summer Vacation good at first listen.

The weird thing about discussng a band like the Bouncing Souls, ranking their albums, et cetra is that your average Souls fan wouldn't ever say "Well, they're all great except that one album is total garbage!" Because, well, that doesn't exist. Haha. I'm sure somebody would beg to differ, but they're a pretty consistent band.

Personally, for me, I know this s going to be one of my favorites this year. Despite the fact that it might not touch some of their other releases...It's not quite great, but it's pretty fuckin' good.

"Fast Times" is my current favorte by a long shot.
12:11 PM on 06/11/12
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
User Info.
Love it...reminds me of Maniacal Laughter so much

I guess I can see that, haha. But I honestly think this one reminds me of different Souls' records at different points. All I could think of was listening to "We Love Fun" was Hopeless Romantic.
12:13 PM on 06/11/12
PirateSkater182
I want a new username.
User Info.
Only 4 songs in, but I dig it so far. It may not be their most energetic or impressive record, but it's The Bouncing Souls. Respect your elders.
12:23 PM on 06/11/12
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.
The weird thing about discussng a band like the Bouncing Souls, ranking their albums, et cetra is that your average Souls fan wouldn't ever say "Well, they're all great except that one album is total garbage!" Because, well, that doesn't exist. Haha. I'm sure somebody would beg to differ, but they're a pretty consistent band.

Personally, for me, I know this s going to be one of my favorites this year. Despite the fact that it might not touch some of their other releases...It's not quite great, but it's pretty fuckin' good.

"Fast Times" is my current favorte by a long shot.

They don't have any bad albums, but I wouldn't call them "consistent". At least in my mind, How I Spent My Summer Vacation and Hopeless Romantic are far superior to any of their other efforts. Rest of their stuff ranges from decent to good, those records are near flawless.

omg... I just got to We Love Fun. This might be their jammiest song since Bullying the Jukebox. Great way to start off the second half of the record.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS