Username
Password
Contest News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Contest
Inside AP.net

Contest: Anthony Raneri Vinyl

Posted by: Alex DiVincenzo (06/13/12)
Anthony Raneri's debut EP, New Cathedrals, is coming to vinyl via Paper + Plastick, and pre-orders are going fast. Before they sell out entirely, we're giving away a copy. Leave a comment about your favorite Anthony Raneri or Bayside song and explain why it means so much to you. The best response wins. For inspiration, you can stream the EP's closing track, "Please Don't Leave," in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 52
06:02 AM on 06/13/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Please Don't Leave
06:16 AM on 06/13/12
MrGlanthor
The next Paul Heyman Guy
User Info.
Montauk is my favorite Bayside song because I love going out to eastern Long Island during the summer with my friends.
06:17 AM on 06/13/12
ACA
Next Show: Circa Survive @ NYC 7/17
User Info.
My fraternity brother, friend, and State Police officer, was killed and "Winter" got me through. It was the first time I ever lost someone in that way. I walked out of work and got home, and I played it on guitar maybe one hundred times that day sitting there remembering him.

RIP Brian.
06:19 AM on 06/13/12
plasticflavored
User Info.
Masterpiece will always be my favorite Bayside song no matter what. It was the first Bayside song I ever heard and at the time I was going through a horrible situation and everything about this song made me realize how much better off I was, how much more of an adult I was becoming. Almost all of my friends have gone to jail, are in rehab, or on probation and this song really made me realize that I never want to be like that. This song is the sole reason I fell in love with Bayside and Anthony Raneri's voice. It will always mean the world to me because from the bottom of my heart, it really woke me up. I'll always love Bayside for saving that part of me.
06:22 AM on 06/13/12
Jeff_Ryan
easy come and easy go, whatever
User Info.
"Blame It on Bad Luck" because it's about taking responsibility for yourself without without denying that circumstances can be really shitty, which is just a subject that hits close to home
06:25 AM on 06/13/12
tidusmccoy1515
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Devotion and Desire by Bayside for sure. That song spoke to me perfectly in the situation I was in. It was basically a situation where I had just come out of my shell after a bad breakup and being into someone who acted like they were ready to date but weren't. Anthony wrote in a song, from the same album, that mentions being young and hearing that song that changes your life and this song was that for me. Never before had a song fully conveyed what I had been feeling/experiencing. Ever since then, I've been a devout Bayside lover.
06:34 AM on 06/13/12
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen 701 bands live!
User Info.
I'm going to go with Bayside's "Masterpiece". The song reminds me of my coworker. Wait, exactly my coworker. She's 23 years old and is a total see you next tuesday (don't know if that word is blocked on here). She glamorizes drinking and goes out after work every night. Mind you, we both have political jobs so going out to drink isn't the smartest thing to do. Every night she gets bombed and doesn't recall what happened those nights. She arrives every day around 930 after her Dunkin run every morning. We need to be in at 9am EVERY MORNING from Monday to Friday. When she comes in, she immediately goes and talks to another coworker about her time last night. The most annoying part is that she's one of those snobby alcohol kids. Meaning, she gets the oddest beer in the place. Bud Light and Coors Light aren't good enough. She gets warm English beers and tries to act sophisticated. I'm sure we all know someone in our lives who is like that. Hey, if that's what you like, then that's fine. When you tell a bartender, "Oh I'll only have this kind of beer. Don't even insult me with Miller Lite", it's uncalled for. You're not 18 anymore. Five years should have been enough time for you to grow up and get over this. But hell, what do I know. She just got a 500k grant for a bike share program and I'm getting laid off because there's no more money in the account to pay my measly $10 an hour. That's a whole different story I'll save for another time.
06:40 AM on 06/13/12
Khouse89
Welcome to Greyhound Nation
User Info.
Having seen bayside in December 2008 with valencia I got into them heavily and a month before that one of my best friends lost her brother to suicide. I heard winter later and within a short amount of time it adapted to her situation having recounted the lyrical content and what it was about.

About 2 or 3 months after his death and right in the middle of winter I went to his grave with a letter and just Winter on a cd in a case. A little while later my friend's parents found what I left and I was informed that they had added that to a scrapbook they had started making for Nathan.

Three and a half years later I still wear a bracelet with his name on it and Winter always has a very reserved spot in my heart.
07:11 AM on 06/13/12
rollerman4221
Woof!
User Info.
hate to be the person who has to pick the "best response" RIP story.
07:16 AM on 06/13/12
get up kidd
I refuse to sink
User Info.
My Favorite Bayside song by far is "Its not a bad little war". From what I gather the song is about not giving up on your true passion, what you really love in life, the one thing that makes you, you. The chorus says "And we are, our only chance in the world"..."And I don't ask for much, but this could define a lifetime". Those lines really struck a cord with me when the song came out. I was in-between schools, and really struggling with what I SHOULD do with my life and what I REALLY wanted to do with my life. I was at the point in my life where I knew what my true passion was (Playing music) but was pushing it off to the side for something somewhat more realistic.

The song to me really helped me realize that fuck, I have one life and it would be a waste if I didn't give what I truly loved one honest shot. "..and I'd go back home when it all blew up in my face" was another line that made me think, so what? So what if I go out and give this a shot and I fail. Then I go home and that's that. I can at least say I tried. My favorite line from the song is "We all have things that we all second guess, and fears of being ordinary". That's what made this my favorite song. I don't have a fear of heights, spiders, or drowning. My fear is of being ordinary, or forgotten. It seems like such a waste to just exist in life and not actually do what you were meant to do.

So after finishing at least some of my schooling (AAS) and after switching schools a few more times I finally said its time and started playing music again. Scary shit at first to spend so much money and really risk it all, but I have never been this happy. Thanks Bayside! :)
07:17 AM on 06/13/12
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
"Sandra Partial" is the one that's been hitting me hardest recently. For the past four years, I've spent summers away from my girlfriend, who lives about as far away as you can get in the continental United States. In the past, we'd always had the return to college to look forward to, but this fall, I'll be going to school in Virginia and she'll still be back in Seattle, with no set timeline for when we'll see each other again. The chorus of the song ("distance, distance, tell me that you miss this, I'd wait here all the time, I'm truly in love with you") fits our situation perfectly, as does the line "'cause I stress at times like these that always make me curse geography" from the first verse. Another reason why this song has a lot of personal meaning for me is that the EP came out when I was an ocean away from my girlfriend, so the track hit hard on a first listen and I'll always have that association of longing attached to the song and EP.

Would be really cool to win this. I typically never listen to things on repeat, but this EP is an exception, and it's easily the thing I've listened to most so far this year. I'm also a huge Bayside fan, and even started the tradition of Bayside Tuesdays with my friends, where you're supposed to wear a Bayside shirt every Tuesday. Five years later, I think I'm the only one who still observes the tradition haha.
07:18 AM on 06/13/12
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
hate to be the person who has to pick the "best response" RIP story.
haha seriously. don't know how any other stories are even supposed to compare.
07:34 AM on 06/13/12
SureShot9
godspeed us to sea
User Info.
my left arm:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.JPG
Views:	56
Size:	586.8 KB
ID:	61812  
07:39 AM on 06/13/12
Zummy
I'm illegal in 48 states
User Info.
It's hard to pick just one song from Bayside that has affected me. I started listening to Bayside back in college and I knew from the second that I heard their self titled album that this band was going to be in my repertoire for a long time. Everything that Bayside has ever released has had an affect on me in one way or another. Songs like "Boy" have taught me how to stand up and fight and to learn to deal with failures and things not going your way. Songs like "Evelyn" have piqued my taste for revenge on the one girl who ruined or is ruining your life. A song like "Winter" shows the sadness that loss brings hope that your friends and family are at peace. Anthony Raneri does such a good job painting a picture in your head of exactly what he wants to see that when you listen to Bayside's songs or Ant's songs it's as if you feel what he felt when he/they wrote that song. In short, picking just one Bayside song is way too hard to do because to do so would exclude all of the other great songs that Bayside or Anthony has released.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests