Username
Password
Recording News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Recording
Inside AP.net

Pentimento Album Update

Posted by: Thomas Nassiff (06/13/12)
Updating our last post about Pentimento returning to the studio, the band apparently went in to record two new songs and ended up doing a bit more than that.
From the PostMeant to record two new songs and a string arrangement today...ended up recording two new songs, a string arrangement, and some special surprises. Love you.

Displaying posts 1 - 11 of 11.
12:01 AM on 06/14/12
PirateSkater182
I want a new username.
User Info.
That's what's up.
12:13 AM on 06/14/12
iaminsane20
SUNY Cortland '15
User Info.
It's gonna be a Call Me Maybe cover.
12:52 AM on 06/14/12
GetUpAndrew
The Things We Think We're Missing
User Info.
Damn, I just can't wait. Their EP was sensational, and I'm pretty sure their new record will be kickass as well.
01:13 AM on 06/14/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
It's gonna be a Call Me Maybe cover.
oh PLEASE
06:19 AM on 06/14/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Dashboard covers album plz
06:24 AM on 06/14/12
waybackhome
Pentimento / Mike Hansen
User Info.
Thomas! Thanks so much for posting this, brother. We appreciate it. (how 'bout them basketball? AMIRITE!?)

Unfortunately, it was not a "Call Me Maybe" cover. It'd be really hard for us to pull it off at this point. It's like, we've shit our pants over that song SO much that for us to cover it wouldn't even do it justice. It would be the equivalent to getting an ice cream cone and having it melt before you get a chance to have any. All you're left with is a mess in the wake of something that was perfect before you put your hands on it. Feel me?

All I can say about what went on yesterday is that what happened within the walls of GCR changed me forever. I realize how cheesy it is to say something like that, but hearing this string arrangement on this new song completely altered the way I feel as a musician, but more-so as a human being. I have never had an experience that was anything close to that, and if I had to put it into perspective...I'd say that it was the most real I have ever felt in my entire life. Waiting to share this with everyone is killing me, but I promise that this record will be worth your time.

The two new jams we recorded are a lot of fun and I think they're an awesome fit for the record. The other two songs we recorded...well, while they're no Carly Rae, they'll certainly be very cool for anyone who's been interested in our silly band. I'll spill a little bit and tell you that we're "re-imagining" a song from our 2010 demo that our engineer (Jay Zubricky hey gurl heyyyy) pretty much insisted we put down.

I am so gosh dang excited.
06:40 AM on 06/14/12
waybackhome
Pentimento / Mike Hansen
User Info.
Dashboard covers album plz
Pick your favorite jam.
08:04 AM on 06/14/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Pick your favorite jam.
I think "Again I Go Unnoticed" is my favorite, but you may as well do The Places... in its entirety.
12:18 PM on 06/14/12
_veges_
User Info.
stoked
04:44 PM on 06/14/12
ViTOP
http://twitter.com/VitoPagano
User Info.
You will shit pants with this... TRUST ME !!!
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS