AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Fearless Records News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

AP.net Interview: The Word Alive

Posted by - 11:20 AM on 06/15/12
Check out our interview with The Word Alive here. We discuss the bands upcoming album, Life Cycles, the All-Stars tour, and more.
From The InterviewI'd say the most significant challenge was just figuring out who we were as a band, and trying to define that more so. We knew that we didn't want to have any songs on this record we shouldn't play live. On our last record we tried a few weird songs, songs we all loved and still do, but not songs that were beneficial since they really didn't make sense to play live. We wanted to have a CD filled with great songs, and had to do the majority of the writing on tour. We tour probably just as much as any band around, and so this record was divided up in a way we never have tried before.

Displaying posts 1 - 10 of 10
01:20 PM on 06/15/12
Kyleisraddd
I win.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I love Telle, and I love this band. I prefered the way Empire sounded over Deceiver, but the songs themselves on that album were awesome... just wasn't my favorite production.

I read that in a 6 song set, they're playing 3 Deceiver songs, and 3 new songs... man, I kind of wish they'd throw in an old song that they haven't played in a while, like The Devil Inside. Super disappointing that they don't play that one anymore.
01:34 PM on 06/15/12
TelleTWA
The Word Alive
User Info.
I love Telle, and I love this band. I prefered the way Empire sounded over Deceiver, but the songs themselves on that album were awesome... just wasn't my favorite production.

I read that in a 6 song set, they're playing 3 Deceiver songs, and 3 new songs... man, I kind of wish they'd throw in an old song that they haven't played in a while, like The Devil Inside. Super disappointing that they don't play that one anymore.
It's just that only 2 of 5 members were the only ones involved with that time period, and that song especially since it wasn't ever released, never really made much sense to play. It's a fun song though, we might pull it out one day just for fun.
And depending on how we map out our set, we might be able to fit in 7 songs on All-Stars... We don't know yet.

Thanks for reading though!
01:54 PM on 06/15/12
A Head
User Info.
Sweet interview. Telle you are a vocal monster and you guys truly blew me away when I saw you live for the first time with WCAR, For Today, Woe is me, and Texas in July. Keep up the hard work. Can't wait to get my copy of Life Cycles.
02:24 PM on 06/15/12
Dustin Harkins
Go support Kony 2012 some more
User Info.
I kinda wanna go to their tour just to see them haha. I don't like many bands on it but I've always had a soft spot for TWA. I remember seeing them in a tiny Mansfield venue with Memphis May Fire (I think) and Belle Epoque when there were like 30 kids there. Crazy seeing things happen the way they are now.
07:56 PM on 06/15/12
Kyleisraddd
I win.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It's just that only 2 of 5 members were the only ones involved with that time period, and that song especially since it wasn't ever released, never really made much sense to play. It's a fun song though, we might pull it out one day just for fun.
And depending on how we map out our set, we might be able to fit in 7 songs on All-Stars... We don't know yet.

I completely understand! I know that the band has made insane amounts of changes, and the band has released some really sick stuff since then. My friend kind of sent me that song a few years back to get me into the band, and I mean, it's still one of the first songs I think of when I am going to jam out to TWA.

I loved the new song, and I am stoked to check out the new album. It's weird, because I'm not really into music similar to you guys anymore, but I still cannot wait to hear Life Cycles.
08:28 PM on 06/15/12
TelleTWA
The Word Alive
User Info.
I completely understand! I know that the band has made insane amounts of changes, and the band has released some really sick stuff since then. My friend kind of sent me that song a few years back to get me into the band, and I mean, it's still one of the first songs I think of when I am going to jam out to TWA.

I loved the new song, and I am stoked to check out the new album. It's weird, because I'm not really into music similar to you guys anymore, but I still cannot wait to hear Life Cycles.
That's awesome, I like being one of the exceptions! We'll try to make it worth it :)
11:38 AM on 06/17/12
Ann Arbor
voyeuristic to the trackmarks
User Info.

If you ever played "The Devil Inside" live, i'd be so stoked

04:07 PM on 06/17/12
TelleTWA
The Word Alive
User Info.
If you ever played "The Devil Inside" live, i'd be so stoked

LOL
09:08 AM on 06/19/12
Courtneytalise
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Seriously cannot wait for their album to come out.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos