AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Allister News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

The Get Go Has Finished Their Record

Posted by - 11:23 AM on 11/19/07
The Get Go (ex- Mest, Allister, Showoff) has finished their debut record. They're also on the look out for a record label, management, and an agent.
Message From The BandAfter 6 weeks in the studio with Producer Marc Mclusky, we have finished tracking our debut album! We all feel that this is the best record that any of us have ever been a part of and we are extremely excited to get this to peoples ears and get back on the road full time. We will begin looking for Labels, management, and an Agent soon in hopes of global domination!

Hugs and kisses...
The Get Go

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 22
11:35 AM on 11/19/07
thebarrelboy
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
That's quite a list of things to need
11:42 AM on 11/19/07
screamoutmyname
through being cool
User Info.
i hope theyre sticking to pop-punk, given their background.
11:53 AM on 11/19/07
ARo2431
User Info.
This has potential to be very good and I hope it is.
11:58 AM on 11/19/07
HollywoodAbalze
doog it
User Info.
their song 'face in the dirt' is amazing, can't wait to hear the record cuz mcclusky's records always sound amazing
12:07 PM on 11/19/07
lwl was rad
User Info.
i hope theyre sticking to pop-punk, given their background.

why is progression frowned upon?! i personally think given their age and background, its time to move away from pop punk. but i am just one man.
12:08 PM on 11/19/07
Save The World
User Info.
The songs up on their Myspace are incredible. I can't imagine the album sucking.
12:11 PM on 11/19/07
harryCane
Fighter of the Night Man
User Info.
Not a fan of Chris' vocals. I think Scott should do lead vocals in a band, he was excellent in Allister. And whatever happened to Dan (from Home Grown/Paper Models) being in the band?!
12:14 PM on 11/19/07
You'reSoCool
You told Brant, Brant told me.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This is going to be the best album of 2008! I seriously cannot wait for this. I hope they did the :30 medley of bits of songs from all 4 bands.
12:25 PM on 11/19/07
oldskool
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Chris's Vocals are AMAZING! Hands down my favorite voice in THE SCENE. I am so sick of the 4 songs they have on their myspace though. I hope the other songs they recorded are good. Showoff's s/t album is in my top 5, out of the 250 cds I own!!
12:28 PM on 11/19/07
screamoURI
it feels like summer in october
User Info.
this is not going to be better than Allister's 'Last Stop Suburbia'

sorry the get go
12:56 PM on 11/19/07
odizzle_word
I know my calculus
User Info.
Not a fan of Chris' vocals. I think Scott should do lead vocals in a band, he was excellent in Allister. And whatever happened to Dan (from Home Grown/Paper Models) being in the band?!

I agree with everything you said. It's not that Chris has a bad voice, I just don't like it for some reason. And I was wondering about Dan, too.

As for sound, I hope that there's still that same fun pop-punk kind of feel to the music, but with better lyrics. I don't want to hear guys reaching their thirties still singing about how they were dumped and all that shit that a high schooler could write.
01:04 PM on 11/19/07
emerypearl
stay who you are.
User Info.
I cant wait for this actually.
01:20 PM on 11/19/07
oldskool
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i was not blown away by the first 4 songs. Well 1 of them is a real old showoff song, that i am just a little sick of. I have totally huge expectations for this record still, however. Chris Envy is seriously a huge talent. He has wrote so so many excellent songs, with truely unforgettable melodys and that is why my hopes are so high. I collect all Chris has done, from AYA, Showoff, FME, The holiday, and even unreleased showoff stuff. I really hope The Get Go album is the best ever!! If it was a mix of Dead ends and girlfriends and Last stop suburbia -allister, Destination unknown-mest, Showoff s/t and unreleased it would be so good!! All those albums are so great. I hope they have songs that are in vein of faster pop punk stuff like the previous releases I just mentioned. of course i hope the album is a little bit progressive in that it is something new and amazing, but I hope they don't forget their amazing previous sounds from their past band experiences!!!
02:52 PM on 11/19/07
Dan1234
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
really looking forward to this, hell yeah

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT