Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 65
12:22 PM on 06/18/12
AP_Punk
Anarchist Cat Owner
User Info.
for the next album, give 'em a thousand dollars and put 'em in a small studio with matt allison for a few days.
12:26 PM on 06/18/12
surette
kill the switch
User Info.
as long as they record all in the same room, I will be beyond excited for a new album. no more of this recording all their parts separately bullshit. mark said himself they do their best work when they're all stuffed together with their backs against the wall.
12:31 PM on 06/18/12
HogarthHughes
all hail
User Info.
for the next album, give 'em a thousand dollars and put 'em in a small studio with matt allison for a few days.
I can't imagine how awesome that would sound.
bradsonemanband
I make music.
User Info.
as long as they record all in the same room, I will be beyond excited for a new album. no more of this recording all their parts separately bullshit. mark said himself they do their best work when they're all stuffed together with their backs against the wall.
i think Tom said that same thing. Tom even suggested that the three of them should take a couple months off of every other thing they have going on and just focus 100% on writing a Blink record.

i'd love for that to happen.
AsfAstAswegofar
User Info.
you know what I do want to know, there is a rumor that you can hear "blink we miss you" at the beginning of not now. Just curious if we ever got an answer to that.
12:35 PM on 06/18/12
ivebeendegaused
User Info.
Mark Trombino would do a great job. The production elements of Dude Ranch, namely all of the background "ooh's" and "ahhs," do a great job of giving their sound some polish without the need for all of those goddamn synths used in Neighborhoods.

In fact, looking back, one of the things Neighborhoods really lacked was the vocal interplay/dynamics featured on their other records.
12:36 PM on 06/18/12
xHoodieWeather
I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral
User Info.
This band has really turned their game around since the summer started.
Old songs being played, Tom sounding pretty decent live, a new album.

Reminds me of why they are my favorite band.
12:37 PM on 06/18/12
Playsw/Squirels
Duckies Rule!!
User Info.
agreed. this is how i think it should go down:

first, they need to set a deadline and stick to it. only a month or two. then, they need to get a professional producer. i don't think they should self-produce it or even have Chris Holmes get heavily involved with it or anything. i think they need a solid producer (like maybe Mark Trombino again) that will keep them focused and make them stick to the deadline, while helping them bring out their best work. and Mark, Tom, and Travis need to work on this together, in the same room, for at least the majority of the time.

i think if they had a one or two month recording deadline with a strict producer that has the same vision would be fucking perfect for Blink.
I get the concept and I agree that it would probably produce simplistic but amazing songs, but I feel like doing that would put too much pressure on them and it would be less fun for them and more work ya know. The reason theyre back together is because they want to have fun again and with all their projects and stuff, I feel like trying to force something is a bad idea.

Just my opinion though.
12:41 PM on 06/18/12
EastCoastVans
oh, common life
User Info.
Man, at this point I'd rather have another tour than another album. Either one is great though. It's just both tours since the reunion have been so much fun, I can't wait for a chance to see them again.
This. I had a ridiculously good time at Honda Civic Tour last summer. That being said, I thought Neighborhoods was stellar, so I'm excited to see them at least thinking about a new album.
12:45 PM on 06/18/12
bradsonemanband
I make music.
User Info.
I get the concept and I agree that it would probably produce simplistic but amazing songs, but I feel like doing that would put too much pressure on them and it would be less fun for them and more work ya know. The reason theyre back together is because they want to have fun again and with all their projects and stuff, I feel like trying to force something is a bad idea.

Just my opinion though.
i get what you mean, and i somewhat agree. they can't be completely forced, but they DO need a hard deadline with a producer who will keep them focused on finishing on time, while getting the best work out of them.
12:54 PM on 06/18/12
MJSchmidt
Hang 'em high or not at all
User Info.
I had an awesome time seeing them last summer. Enjoyed the last album quite a bit. That said, until something gets announced officially, I will reserve getting too excited. Between all of their solo projects and touring with Blink right now, it is just difficult to gauge exactly when something will happen. Tom has a ton of stuff lined up for AVA it seems and Travis has Transplants again and probably some solo stuff as it comes up. I hope they can put something out in a reasonable time frame because I would much prefer a Blink record to anything they do solo.
01:11 PM on 06/18/12
bradsonemanband
I make music.
User Info.
I had an awesome time seeing them last summer. Enjoyed the last album quite a bit. That said, until something gets announced officially, I will reserve getting too excited. Between all of their solo projects and touring with Blink right now, it is just difficult to gauge exactly when something will happen. Tom has a ton of stuff lined up for AVA it seems and Travis has Transplants again and probably some solo stuff as it comes up. I hope they can put something out in a reasonable time frame because I would much prefer a Blink record to anything they do solo.
my (optimistic) guess will be that 2013 will be Blink's downtime. they'll all do their other shit then. and then 2014 will be the year of Blink again, with a new album and tour.
01:13 PM on 06/18/12
irememberhallow
User Info.
I'm down for a new record. I can wait. Let's just get stoked and stay stoked!
01:30 PM on 06/18/12
jwoody
User Info.
For the love of God please don't self produce the next record.
01:36 PM on 06/18/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Zulu

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News