Username
Password
Blink 182 News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 65.
12:37 PM on 06/18/12
codeseven
rtfm
User Info.
Uh, when he did that whole bit about going back to America with a new album, new tour, etc - it sounded to me as if he was kind joking. Not that they won't do another record, but I'm not sure how serious that statement was.

And on another note, why is it always Mark doing these interviews and speaking on behalf of the band. Where the fuck is Tom at?
12:45 PM on 06/18/12
bradsonemanband
Change To Fire/Cootie Catcher
User Info.
Uh, when he did that whole bit about going back to America with a new album, new tour, etc - it sounded to me as if he was kind joking. Not that they won't do another record, but I'm not sure how serious that statement was.

And on another note, why is it always Mark doing these interviews and speaking on behalf of the band. Where the fuck is Tom at?
i feel like what Mark was saying was kind of said as a joke too. but i do believe him when he says that they won't do another American tour until there's a new album. there'd be no point. unless it was an album anniversary tour or something special like that.
12:50 PM on 06/18/12
Salge12
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I don't understand you guys. Neighborhoods sounded great. It was exactly how I thought they would sound, given the time they had to change their individual styles.
12:55 PM on 06/18/12
shortymcsteve
User Info.
I don't understand you guys. Neighborhoods sounded great. It was exactly how I thought they would sound, given the time they had to change their individual styles.
It was pretty awful, real big disappointment. I think if there was no stupid Synths it would have made it better but the guitars were all wrong too and it just felt thrown together.
I think if Neighborhoods never had blink attached to it and it was another band no one would give it the time of day.
12:58 PM on 06/18/12
bladerdude360
saved latin. What did you ever do?
User Info.
Can't believe nobody has said "what's, not whats." I'll be that guy.
12:59 PM on 06/18/12
drudo182
You Are Not Alone
User Info.
New album was good. People just feel the need to complain because it's not what they expected.
12:59 PM on 06/18/12
bradsonemanband
User Info.

there are a lot of good songs on it (mostly the first half), but there's also just as many mediocre songs. compared to their last 3 or 4 albums, Neighborhoods just doesn't hold a candle up to them.

you can blame my criticism on the amount of time i've had the older albums compared to Neighborhoods, but even when i first listened to any of their albums, i knew it was something special, immediately. Neighborhoods and even every AVA and +44 release just don't cut it. they missed the initial spark that other albums had for me.
01:01 PM on 06/18/12
glogglies
User Info.
It was pretty awful, real big disappointment. I think if there was no stupid Synths it would have made it better but the guitars were all wrong too and it just felt thrown together.
I think if Neighborhoods never had blink attached to it and it was another band no one would give it the time of day.
You were seriously disappointed by it? I've been consistently happier and happier with each of their new releases. Starting with Take off Your Pants, I feel as I grew up their sound kind of grew up with me. I absolutely had a blast with Neighborhoods, and saying 'if it wasnt blink nobody would listen to it' is pretty much a crappy argument lol. It was made by Blink, people did give it the time of day, and we don't live in a world that allows 'what ifs' or alternate realities. Sorry bud.
01:21 PM on 06/18/12
Br&New182
...survived prep school.
User Info.
Mark Trombino would do a great job. The production elements of Dude Ranch, namely all of the background "ooh's" and "ahhs," do a great job of giving their sound some polish without the need for all of those goddamn synths used in Neighborhoods.

In fact, looking back, one of the things Neighborhoods really lacked was the vocal interplay/dynamics featured on their other records.

agreed. this is how i think it should go down:

first, they need to set a deadline and stick to it. only a month or two. then, they need to get a professional producer. i don't think they should self-produce it or even have Chris Holmes get heavily involved with it or anything. i think they need a solid producer (like maybe Mark Trombino again) that will keep them focused and make them stick to the deadline, while helping them bring out their best work. and Mark, Tom, and Travis need to work on this together, in the same room, for at least the majority of the time. i also think the lyrics were garbage

i think if they had a one or two month recording deadline with a strict producer that has the same vision would be fucking perfect for Blink.

as long as they record all in the same room, I will be beyond excited for a new album. no more of this recording all their parts separately bullshit. mark said himself they do their best work when they're all stuffed together with their backs against the wall.

all of thse ideas. neighborhoods to me felt like a missed oppertunity. there are some goods songs like kaliedoscope, wishing well, and even if she falls, but alot of the other songs fall flat. if you get someone like trombino in a studio for 1-3 months and have them bang out 10-11 tracks it can ready add that dimension and cohesiveness that makes untitled so much more moving. i honeslty think they need someone to say a song is generic or boring. The songs just felt like songs from individual efforts, not an album
01:26 PM on 06/18/12
bradsonemanband
User Info.
all of thse ideas. neighborhoods to me felt like a missed oppertunity. there are some goods songs like kaliedoscope, wishing well, and even if she falls, but alot of the other songs fall flat. if you get someone like trombino in a studio for 1-3 months and have them bang out 10-11 tracks it can ready add that dimension and cohesiveness that makes untitled so much more moving. i honeslty think they need someone to say a song is generic or boring. The songs just felt like songs from individual efforts, not an album
for sure. i think Trombino would be a great fit for them. he makes JEW sound great, so i can only imagine what he could do for Blink now.
01:28 PM on 06/18/12
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
Boner
01:30 PM on 06/18/12
surette
kill the switch
User Info.
he's busy posting conspiracy theory articles.
02:05 PM on 06/18/12
pbueddi
User Info.
Man, at this point I'd rather have another tour than another album. Either one is great though. It's just both tours since the reunion have been so much fun, I can't wait for a chance to see them again.

i want an album
02:11 PM on 06/18/12
tdlyon
User Info.
I love this man.
02:52 PM on 06/18/12
CarouselBoy
Not everything, not yet
User Info.
I loved Neighborhoods, the only thing lacking to me was cohesion and I think an outside producer would fix that. On the next record, they don't always have to record together or have a deadline, but I think a producer, like Trombino, would be a great idea
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums