Username
Password
Color Fred. The News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Color Fred. The
Inside AP.net

Terrible Things Back in Action

Posted by: Alex DiVincenzo (06/20/12)
Terrible Things have resurfaced with a new lineup and will be playing some shows next month. Details in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 48.
06:16 PM on 06/20/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Press ReleaseNearly two years after releasing their self-titled debut, TERRIBLE THINGS returns as a three piece with two new faces. Beating the “supergroup” curse of one album and done, Fred Mascherino (Taking Back Sunday, Breaking Pangaea, The Color Fred) is rejuvenated and back in the producer’s chair wearing his writing cap. “I never really stopped working on Terrible Things. We were starting to write our second record when Josh Eppard was asked to rejoin Coheed And Cambria on drums. I went completely underground to make sure that I had something before I tried to bring the band back”, explains Mascherino.

After a lot of thinking during his brief hiatus, Fred called on his sidekick Steve Curtiss from his previous band The Color Fred to replace Eppard. “I was playing drums on demos of the new songs and every time I listened back I kept thinking about the way Steve would play it. I wrote The Color Fred record with him and we work really well together. When we first talked about playing together again, we both wanted to make sure that we took this to another level beyond what we had done before so we’ve been really pushing each other this time”, comments Mascherino. Fred then tapped new talent Aaron Van Allen to carry on the duties of bass and backing vocals. “Aaron is great on just about any instrument, but it’s especially great to hear him sing on the songs”, adds Mascherino. “This is the first time in years that I’ve had a band that all lives in the same place, so we rehearse nearly every night. It’s going to make a big difference for our live performances”, explains Mascherino.

Revived and energized, Terrible Things will hit the ground running next month on their very first headline run (dates below). Their inaugural shows with the new lineup and music will kick off not so far from Fred’s hometown of Coatesville, PA in Lancaster, PA at Chameleon Club and lead them back home to Gunner’s Run in Philadelphia for a FREE show. “I wanted to play these shows because we haven’t been on tour in a long time where we got anything more than an opening set length and with new songs, we can play a lot longer. We want to play for our own fans and give them a real show, the way we would do it”, remarks Mascherino.

Terrible Things is Fred Mascherino (vocals,guitar), Aaron Van Allen (bass, backing vocals), and Steve Curtiss (drums).

Tour DatesJuly 11 Chameleon Club – Lancaster, PA w/ The Company We Keep
July 12 Mexical Live – Teaneck, NJ w/ The Company We Keep
July 14 Saint Vitus Bar – Brooklyn, NY w/ Brian Carley (Penfold)
July 15 Gunner’s Run – Philadelphia, PA w/ The Company We Keep (FREE Show)
06:16 PM on 06/20/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Really glad to hear that Fred is going to keep it going.
06:23 PM on 06/20/12
abusedcat
Long Gone Before Daylight
User Info.
Glad he's keeping on down this route.
Kind of bummed Brian's no longer playing bass - dude is fucking talented.
06:25 PM on 06/20/12
iseejosh
Registered Member
User Info.
Their debut was way to underrated. 'Revolution' and 'Terrible Things' could've been huge on radio.
06:35 PM on 06/20/12
thesinkingship
she's a marshmallow
User Info.
Terrible
06:38 PM on 06/20/12
Rob McWilliams
Eat your salad, no dessert
User Info.
Yes! Love Terrible Things.
06:40 PM on 06/20/12
bmoney389
User Info.
Stoked!
06:41 PM on 06/20/12
brokenmixtape
Stay what you are
User Info.
Happy to hear. Fred is one of the nicest dudes.
06:41 PM on 06/20/12
golferpunk1
I'm not used to this temptation
User Info.
Will always be a fan of whatever Fred does.
06:45 PM on 06/20/12
ThirdFromTheSun
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Probably gonna hit up the Lancaster date. I always meant to see the original incarnation of Terrible Things, but as long as Fred is there it'll still be good. Actually met Fred at my mall last holiday season, and as others have said, he's an awesome dude.
06:58 PM on 06/20/12
xrider105
This is closure once and for all!
User Info.
Wow, Mexicali in Teaneck, NJ is tiny and about 5 minutes from me. I'll probably check that out.
07:05 PM on 06/20/12
jaredohgren
I'm just an artist on a shelf.
User Info.
I'd rather have TCF back, but I love Fred so anything is good enough.
07:19 PM on 06/20/12
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
I really hope Fred can get TT up and running full steam ahead. I remember seeing them at Warped last year and there was at peak, 30 people there. It's a bummer. Hopefully the next record can propel them.
07:25 PM on 06/20/12
im_FINK
Registered Member
User Info.
Wish he would have picked up rubano. The man is too talented of a musician to be doing nothing.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS