AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 41 of 41
06:09 PM on 06/21/12
OGODTHAFTERMATH
User Info.
I just saw Shapes and Colours open for Tyler Carter and Go Radio in Pontiac, MI about a month ago. The dude can sing and commands the stage well. Solid replacement in my opinion!
07:24 PM on 06/21/12
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
I think it was smart they kept the old name, because it means they can still play all the old songs live.
I'd rather them have a new singer, than no Search the City at all. I mean look at Saosin, Underoath, Further Seems Forever, they've all had new singers and in every case I liked the new vocalists better. I like what I'm hearing so far and I can't wait for the new demo from these guys.

A new singer can work out great but the fact that basically every member is new including the singer makes this ridiculous.
09:42 PM on 06/21/12
1000shadesofred
Period Blood Sandwich
User Info.
So is it this guy?

If so, good pick. That falsetto is gorgeous.
sounds like a cross between the canvas waiting and the original search the city singer...
09:45 PM on 06/21/12
1000shadesofred
Period Blood Sandwich
User Info.
A new singer can work out great but the fact that basically every member is new including the singer makes this ridiculous.
How could you possibly like the new singer of Saosin over Anthony Green??? or the 2 other singers of Further Seems Forever over Chris Carrabba?? Those are 2 blasphemous statements... not to take away from FSF, both their proceeding singers after Chris were amazing, but you still cannot beat The Moon Is Down!!
10:15 PM on 06/21/12
icynova
Love is easier made than kept!
User Info.
This may help with some of the new singers doubts. Really great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB88Y... _gdata_player

Not to mention his vocal audition... http://soundcloud.com/searchthecity/...ve-secrets-too

Both of these were great, thank you for posting them! Don't mind the negative nancys, they'll come around.
12:54 AM on 06/22/12
Gin
What'd those animals say to ya?
User Info.
Soooo, does Evil Us still exist then? Their first demos sounded good.
02:32 AM on 06/22/12
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
How could you possibly like the new singer of Saosin over Anthony Green??? or the 2 other singers of Further Seems Forever over Chris Carrabba?? Those are 2 blasphemous statements... not to take away from FSF, both their proceeding singers after Chris were amazing, but you still cannot beat The Moon Is Down!!

I prefer Anthony over Cove but Chris was actually my second favorite FSF singer. Jon Bunch's contributions to their 3rd album were life changing.
05:27 AM on 06/22/12
Kaku
Listener of the Year
User Info.
Soooo, does Evil Us still exist then? Their first demos sounded good.
I hope so. I really like his voice, and while I was kinda bummed after hearing they changed the singer, I am still looking forward to the new STC, after all the new singer doesn't sound so bad either.
05:35 AM on 06/22/12
scmaley
And away we go
User Info.
I love STC and this guy has a great voice, but this is definitely a perfect example of when the band should change their name.
11:34 PM on 06/22/12
billyboatkid
The Protagonist of Loneliness
User Info.
Where is their music I wanna check it out. Can't find their bandcamp sadly.
12:26 PM on 06/25/12
vw1610
User Info.
I read a comment from jim before he deleted it on Facebook. he said that josh could never sing "the rescue" live and made it seem like he couldn't sing live at all. from the very few live YouTube videos there are I noticed he was always kind of off. so I would assume that josh is a studio musician. And a great one at that. he is easily one of my favorite singers behind jason vena of acceptance and Aaron from UO..
It's a shame josh could get better at singing live but at least the band is still going to play the old songs too, plus the replacement singer sounds similar.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos