Username
Password
Thrice News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Thrice
Inside AP.net

Dustin Kensrue Not Pleased With Recent Thrice Article

Posted by: Drew Beringer (06/21/12)
It seems that Dustin Kensrue (Thrice) isn't too pleased with a recent article about his band's farewell show in Santa Ana. You can check out the article for yourself here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 326.
11:33 PM on 06/21/12
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor | @drewberinger | Locked Groove
User Info.
I think the article delves into too much assumption on Dustin and his motivations. He doesn't want to be on the road but he wants to continue to be creative. He can do his worship music while still being at home with his family. I think the writer fails to see that. Seems like he is trying to show a rift in the band that just isn't there.
11:33 PM on 06/21/12
defy_stars
midnight nuisance
User Info.
11:34 PM on 06/21/12
Drew Beringer
User Info.
and shame on the writer for this
"I can't have been the only one thinking this stuff between sets Tuesday. You could tell the mood wasn't entirely celebratory in virtually every corner of the Observatory. By happenstance I was backstage moments before Thrice went on – they didn't exactly seem thrilled, either, their camaraderie noticeably muted."

has he ever been backstage for a Thrice concert? How does he know how they act and prepare before they go on stage? All he is doing is making assumptions and claims to support his misguided angle in his story.
11:35 PM on 06/21/12
defy_stars
midnight nuisance
User Info.
11:35 PM on 06/21/12
TheSkyline
www.pillowtalktn.bandcamp .com
User Info.
Terrible article.
11:36 PM on 06/21/12
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
Read the first few paragraphs and thought the article was just fine, then it goes full blown WTF status
11:38 PM on 06/21/12
OurLadyCoolbean
False. Black bears.
User Info.
Yeah the guy who wrote that is making a lot of assumptions about Thrice and the reasons behind their hiatus, as using the old "I dont' want to talk about this" and proceeding to talk about it, which is one of the ultimate douchey things anyone can do
11:39 PM on 06/21/12
KenneyBN
will be gone till July 2015 on mish
User Info.
Absolutely ridiculous article. Awful, awful assumptions being made. Disrespectful to Dustins religion and to his family. Calls Dustins religion a cult. This was meant to be a show review, but turned into opinions on Christianity and how it will effect the future of Thrice.

Just terrible journalism all around. Like I said in the Thrice thread, probably one of the stupidest things I have ever read.
11:39 PM on 06/21/12
Drew Beringer
User Info.
I understand that some people have issues with the church and the pastor that Dustin is involved with, but that wasn't supposed to be the point of the article. Dustin and the band let the guy into their circle to review their final show and he took advantage of that to write these unfounded claims against Dustin and the band. it's supposed to be a review of the final Thrice show, not a "let's assume why Dustin is doing this with his life" article. And that's where I think Dustin feels most betrayed and angry.
11:41 PM on 06/21/12
phillipjacob
@phillipjacob
User Info.
Very poor journalism on that guy's part. I wonder if he slighted them in his article for press?
11:42 PM on 06/21/12
KenneyBN
will be gone till July 2015 on mish
User Info.
Well yeah thats the thing. This wasn't meant to be a gossip article, it was a show review.
11:42 PM on 06/21/12
AlkalineAshes
bored and lazy
User Info.
ya im pretty sure this guy wont have a job for much longer
11:44 PM on 06/21/12
Cody Nelson
facebook.com/comedyfiends
User Info.
I think Dustin means he couldn't care less.

whomp, whomp.
11:45 PM on 06/21/12
Drew Beringer
User Info.
I think Dustin means he couldn't care less.

whomp, whomp.
this guy....

haha
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News