Username
Password
Drama News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 113.
02:27 PM on 06/22/12
Gaugzilla
and one head can never die
User Info.
I don't exactly have a reason why, but The Black Keys piss me off every time they open their mouth. Kinda like The Dangerous Summer, except with shittier music
Cool.
02:28 PM on 06/22/12
RyanFTW
ATTACK POP PUNK
User Info.
It's not infringement, but I get bummed every time I hear it.
02:28 PM on 06/22/12
trolland10
Listen to Limbeck
User Info.
This is misleading. It's definitely not their music being used. It's soundalike music, kind of like how movies and shows will use a modified version of 2 Unlimited "Get Ready for This" because they can't afford the actual song. This sounds like "Gold On The Ceiling," but it's not.

It sucks, but it's not infringement.
i actually think Tom Waits won a lawsuit in the late 80s when a company used a sound alike song of his in an ad, dick move for sure though
02:29 PM on 06/22/12
RyanFTW
ATTACK POP PUNK
User Info.
I don't exactly have a reason why, but The Black Keys piss me off every time they open their mouth. Kinda like The Dangerous Summer, except with shittier music
02:29 PM on 06/22/12
reid
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i'll laugh if their pub company signed off on it.

if they didn't, though, then good luck to the band!
02:30 PM on 06/22/12
kallok
The Man
User Info.
eh... it's similar but whatever.
02:32 PM on 06/22/12
StepsInADance
taeyeonlogic.tumblr.com
User Info.
I mean it must suck for them to go through this, and it's definitely worth getting mad over. But honestly there are few bands out there who are constantly whining to the world as much these two.
02:34 PM on 06/22/12
Thursdaysox
Sleep Well
User Info.
I bet they will be happy when corporations stop blatantly ripping off their music, but I'm sure you already assumed that huh?

I did. Duh.
Gaugzilla
User Info.
i actually think Tom Waits won a lawsuit in the late 80s when a company used a sound alike song of his in an ad, dick move for sure though
Correct. It was against Frito-Lay, so I guess there is grounds for this lawsuit.
Holly HoX!
User Info.
This is misleading. It's definitely not their music being used. It's soundalike music, kind of like how movies and shows will use a modified version of 2 Unlimited "Get Ready for This" because they can't afford the actual song. This sounds like "Gold On The Ceiling," but it's not.

It sucks, but it's not infringement.

Actually, no. This is much like the ongoing Beach House case with Volkswagen. There is a law that states a company cannot recreate a song without permission if it comes sonically close to the original. They could win this. But I kind of agree with others in here - these guys are getting fucking annoying.
atticusfinch
Faith In More Than Steel
User Info.
Instead of using all of their energy whining, they could use it to make more music!
02:36 PM on 06/22/12
Gaugzilla
User Info.
I mean it must suck for them to go through this, and it's definitely worth getting mad over. But honestly there are few bands out there who are constantly whining to the world as much these two.
How is this whining, though? Million-dollar companies don't want to pony up the money to pay for the rights to the Black Keys songs, so they rip them off. The Black Keys don't see a cent of work they made. It's fundamentally not right and they have the right to express that in court. There's no whining going on.
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
User Info.
hahaha I literally said out loud "There's no way the Black Keys cleared their music for this crap" the first time I saw that Pizza Hut commercial.
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Instead of using all of their energy whining, they could use it to make more music!

They release an album a year
02:37 PM on 06/22/12
Gaugzilla
User Info.
Actually, no. This is much like the ongoing Beach House case with Volkswagen. There is a law that states a company cannot recreate a song without permission if it comes sonically close to the original. They could win this. But I kind of agree with others in here - these guys are getting fucking annoying.
Correct! See above statement - it's not whining. They filed a case and the press made a big deal of it. It's not like they're out in the streets complaining.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests