Username
Password
Fearless Records News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 247.
10:00 AM on 06/23/12
Kris_Gontz9
Anklebiters.
User Info.
:/ what a shame... they are really similar, and it's clear it was a rip-off.

No more words i think, the band should say something about this.
10:04 AM on 06/23/12
Ryan Dennehy
this is the problem with the whole "art belongs to everyone" idea
10:09 AM on 06/23/12
MJB12
User Info.
Yeah, you guys know for sure that the members of Pierce the Veil were sitting on their tour bus with evil laughs and sinister eyes saying "Let's steal this guy's picture!" It was entirely a case of musicians stealing from other artists. There's no possible way that anyone representing the band was entirely responsible, or that the members of the bands themselves actually have no idea this was a pre-existing picture or that they were doing anything wrong. Yup.
10:09 AM on 06/23/12
Ashur
Shitty musician.
User Info.

Basically. This is really bad for Pierce The Veil. Hope it all gets straightened out alright.
10:10 AM on 06/23/12
Micah511
Let's Talk About Your Hair
User Info.
sucks, this would have been amazing as the cover art. not defending PTV in any way, but i wonder why the artist was unavailable to work things out with them in the first place.
10:14 AM on 06/23/12
werealldudes19
I'm best known for failure
User Info.
this is pretty messed up.
Besides this messed up situation, this album is fucking amazing.
10:14 AM on 06/23/12
PepperminCherry
User Info.
sucks, this would have been amazing as the cover art. not defending PTV in any way, but i wonder why the artist was unavailable to work things out with them in the first place.
Because they waited till the last possible moment to contact this guy to do the entire album layout. That's a bit hard to do in 2 weeks, especially when you have other projects.

This kind of shit is really fucking frustrating, especially when the copy is shitty. It's sucks, he may not really be able to sue since the color, the style, the angle, ect. ect. is different, even though it's clearly a copy.
10:15 AM on 06/23/12
rickman
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
exactly what they do with their music too
how?
10:15 AM on 06/23/12
PirateSkater182
I want a new username.
User Info.
Cool art concept. Not cool to steal someones ideas because they don't want to give it to you.
10:18 AM on 06/23/12
canvasofwinter
User Info.
I don't see it. It's obvious that the two images use the same concept, but aside from that, the images themselves are clearly different and reflect completely unique styles of color, shading, shape, texture, and linework. I rolled my eyes super hard when the article talked about the band "knowingly deceiving" another artist. They found a concept, they liked it, the dude wasn't available, so they made their own version of that concept to use. "Girl floating over broken house" isn't a copyrightable idea, and beyond the idea, the two works are totally different.
10:23 AM on 06/23/12
dlaug
good morning, vietnam
User Info.
This makes me sick, simply because it sucks to have Daniel Danger ever associated with such a shitty band, even in these circumstances.
10:23 AM on 06/23/12
Goat01
No Retreat, No Regrets.
User Info.
very similar, but the Anchor and Braille cover art that got posted yesterday looks very similar to the latest Rocket Summer album. stuff like this happens a lot. I do feel bad for Daniel though, that's extremely shitty.

and am I the only one who thinks Daniel Danger sounds like some sort of comic book villain?
10:25 AM on 06/23/12
deezee
geekrevolt.com
User Info.
I don't see it. It's obvious that the two images use the same concept, but aside from that, the images themselves are clearly different and reflect completely unique styles of color, shading, shape, texture, and linework. I rolled my eyes super hard when the article talked about the band "knowingly deceiving" another artist. They found a concept, they liked it, the dude wasn't available, so they made their own version of that concept to use. "Girl floating over broken house" isn't a copyrightable idea, and beyond the idea, the two works are totally different.
Yeah, I don't know what to think here. On one hand, they obviously ripped him off. But on the other hand -- the color and the style makes it less of a rip-off. He probably can't sue, but they should have went with an original idea.
10:30 AM on 06/23/12
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
User Info.
exactly what they do with their music too
/thread
10:30 AM on 06/23/12
ChaseTx
It's different enough in art style, but the concept is clearly a copy. I'm not sure if that's considered ok. Artists rework pre-existing art all the time, but I'm not sure how often it's done for profit.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests