Username
Password
Band Break-Up News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 38.
07:31 PM on 06/23/12
Who Is Ryan?
???
User Info.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! I haven't even gotten to see them yet!

08:25 PM on 06/23/12
brokencyde
I regret making this my username...
User Info.
Despite all their songs sounding similar they were pretty dope together.
08:31 PM on 06/23/12
theintention
It's like Meow-Schwitz in here.
User Info.
This is pretty nuts seeing how their newest single actually did really well. And weren't they a headliner of a major US festival this year as well?

Coachella yes.
08:51 PM on 06/23/12
spenser
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
In terms of individual DJ's yes, not sure how much of their music gets to the US but the 3 DJs involved are huge in Europe
They had definitely one of the biggest sets/following at Coachella this year
09:10 PM on 06/23/12
Who Is Ryan?
???
User Info.
In terms of individual DJ's yes, not sure how much of their music gets to the US but the 3 DJs involved are huge in Europe
I know Axwell and Sebastian Ingrosso have pretty successful DJing careers here, especially lately for Sebastion. And Steve Angello has been pretty successful with producing some stuff for other artist
09:13 PM on 06/23/12
luqmanhakim
Registered Member
User Info.
Coincidentally, last night I read an article about them saying they're today's Beatles or something like that. lol
09:31 PM on 06/23/12
CTRL+ALT+DANCE
User Info.
Wow, just read an excerpt in the new Rolling Stones (with mau5 on the cover) about how popular they were in the EDM movement along with Kascade and Guetta.
12:27 AM on 06/24/12
PepperminCherry
User Info.
Wow, just read an excerpt in the new Rolling Stones (with mau5 on the cover) about how popular they were in the EDM movement along with Kascade and Guetta.
I just got that issue in the mail today and I'm just as surprised. I think RS was a little ahead of themselves there, or Swedish House Mafia decided to wait to announce this until after the magazine was printed and they couldn't be taken out
01:13 AM on 06/24/12
Pooavenger
Fuck Green Day
User Info.
SHM sucks ass anyway. They play pre recorded sets. F those guys.
06:05 AM on 06/24/12
SuNDaYSTaR
[Pull The Trigger]
User Info.
Coincidentally, last night I read an article about them saying they're today's Beatles or something like that. lol
07:38 AM on 06/24/12
Coverbydesign
User Info.
Kinda bummed about this but then again I can see why.Seeing they all do there own thing with SHM is not going on .
08:45 AM on 06/24/12
SandManTEND13
Disprespect Your Surroundings!
User Info.
just one to many egos in that group. They want to focus on their solo careers
08:49 AM on 06/24/12
SandManTEND13
Disprespect Your Surroundings!
User Info.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! I haven't even gotten to see them yet!

There is really nothing to see at their shows. You just go for the lasers, lights and LED screens. They really do nothing except look like they are working for a minute then they talk for about two minutes, then they raise their hands and look like they are having fun. Then Steve Angello goes "We are Swedish House Mafia." So case in point. They really do nothing special at their shows. Sorry to burst your bubble
08:57 AM on 06/24/12
LillieDesigns
Orange, CA
User Info.
I've seen all of them multiple times and to be honest I think either their egos clashed (Steve Angelo is a huge douche) or they just realized they could be making more money solo. Last year two of them closed the Sahara tent at Coachella and this year the third member played the tent and SHM headlined the main stage the first night. One of them headlining always seemed to come with the SHM package so now they can probably charge more while doing it alone and still partying together backstage. It is pretty well accepted that their sets (along with many other EDM artists) are pre made to match their light shows but have you ever seen one of their shows in person Craaaazy!
11:11 AM on 06/24/12
Who Is Ryan?
???
User Info.
There is really nothing to see at their shows. You just go for the lasers, lights and LED screens. They really do nothing except look like they are working for a minute then they talk for about two minutes, then they raise their hands and look like they are having fun. Then Steve Angello goes "We are Swedish House Mafia." So case in point. They really do nothing special at their shows. Sorry to burst your bubble
Don't ruin the fantasy
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums