01:51 PM on 06/24/12
honkytonk
Fedoras, limit 1 per group.
User Info.
Wahh :(
02:11 PM on 06/24/12
CTRL+ALT+DANCE
User Info.
There is really nothing to see at their shows. You just go for the lasers, lights and LED screens. They really do nothing except look like they are working for a minute then they talk for about two minutes, then they raise their hands and look like they are having fun. Then Steve Angello goes "We are Swedish House Mafia." So case in point. They really do nothing special at their shows. Sorry to burst your bubble

Rolling Stone talked about how most sets are pre recorded without some beats or drops then they add them in live. Which is kind of a disappointment. When I saw Deadmau5 live he seemed to be up there jamming to his tracks until he went to blend in one track with the next. Saw Timbaland live and he mixed stuff live right on stage for us during his Shock Value tour.
I just wonder why these people get paid so much for not really doing a lot.
02:37 PM on 06/24/12
SandManTEND13
Disprespect Your Surroundings!
User Info.
Rolling Stone talked about how most sets are pre recorded without some beats or drops then they add them in live. Which is kind of a disappointment. When I saw Deadmau5 live he seemed to be up there jamming to his tracks until he went to blend in one track with the next. Saw Timbaland live and he mixed stuff live right on stage for us during his Shock Value tour.
I just wonder why these people get paid so much for not really doing a lot.
http://deadmau5.tumblr.com/post/2569...e-all-hit-play
I don't know if you have read this. I love EDM. I understand that DJ's go up there with a laptop and just mix and stuff or have per-recorded sets. Some DJ's are just fun to see. Some DJ's actually still mix and do everything live. I saw Chuckie in April at Marquee Night Club in Las Vegas and that guy was busy the entire show. Just wasn't him waving his hand around. I'm sorry to say but I think Avicii is one of the worst ones out there. I think he just has per-recorded tracks.

My point is, I love Deadmau5, I read this and I still respect the hell out of Joel. I love how honest he is and isn't afraid to speak his mind. His show has developed quiet a bit I think. I think he is still trying to get a live show going (I.E. like The Chemical Brothers).
12:08 AM on 06/25/12
mattyice
User Info.
There is really nothing to see at their shows. You just go for the lasers, lights and LED screens. They really do nothing except look like they are working for a minute then they talk for about two minutes, then they raise their hands and look like they are having fun. Then Steve Angello goes "We are Swedish House Mafia." So case in point. They really do nothing special at their shows. Sorry to burst your bubble
you forgot the part where they stand behind their turntables and smoke cigs. thats all I remember from the 10 minutes I watched of their set at coachella..
06:26 AM on 06/25/12
radicalrilee
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Ugh, this is sad news. None the less, I'm looking forward to hearing new tracks from the individuals of the group!
01:20 AM on 06/26/12
AussieBoy
User Info.
http://deadmau5.tumblr.com/post/2569...e-all-hit-play
I don't know if you have read this. I love EDM. I understand that DJ's go up there with a laptop and just mix and stuff or have per-recorded sets. Some DJ's are just fun to see. Some DJ's actually still mix and do everything live. I saw Chuckie in April at Marquee Night Club in Las Vegas and that guy was busy the entire show. Just wasn't him waving his hand around. I'm sorry to say but I think Avicii is one of the worst ones out there. I think he just has per-recorded tracks.

My point is, I love Deadmau5, I read this and I still respect the hell out of Joel. I love how honest he is and isn't afraid to speak his mind. His show has developed quiet a bit I think. I think he is still trying to get a live show going (I.E. like The Chemical Brothers).

Actually I really laughed when mau5 was on the Joe Rogan podcast. And his manager was yelling at him to take it easy on the beers and he had to play at the Grammys the next night and he goes to him "relax, I know how to press a spacebar"

I'm gonna be in Ibiza on their last concert!!!! How my luck!!
05:04 AM on 07/13/12
AussieBoy
User Info.
just bought tix to their last concert in Ibiza, stoked!
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS