Thoughts on the last 3 days of Track & Field:
1. Very excited about the Men's 10k team. I think Rupp will be in the mix for a medal and I'm happy that Ritz made the team after finishing 4th in the trials. Women's 10k won't be pretty because all of our best runners are doing the marathon (Flanagan, Goucher)
2. I'm happy Lolo Jones made the team but it annoys me how much they talk about her and how little they talk about Dawn Harper, who won the race and won the Gold in '08
3. Interested in how the Felix/Tarmoh dead heat turns out. I think a run off would be great for the sport.
4. Eaton is the man.
5. I don't see anyone beating Sanya Richards-Ross in London and the men's 400 will be a 2 man race between Lashawn Merritt and Kirani James
6. Tyson Gay will be the top guy on the 100 team by the Olympics. 9.86 in his fourth race (including heats) of the year after surgery is ridiculous.
Steeple and 5000 prelims and 800 finals tonight. Go Alan Webb.
Awesome! Finally someone else who actually pays attention to track.
The women's 10k was horrible with a bunch of not-so-known names making the team. Too bad Natosha Rogers can't be on the team with her second place finish.
I hope they'll have a run off after the 200m finals, so they can focus on that for the time being.
mens 800m - Symmonds, KD & Mulder
mens 5k - Lagat, Rupp & Lomong
mens steeple - Jager, Cabral & Huling
I hope Gay can get by the Big 3 in Jamaican sprinting and earn a medal.