AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

The Used News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

The Used 10 Year Anniversary

Posted by - 06:00 PM on 06/25/12
The Used's self-titled debut album was releaed 10 years ago today. Leave your memories of the album in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 97
06:00 PM on 06/25/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
I first heard of The Used when they opened for Boxcar Racer, but I didn't really get into them until I received this album for Christmas in 2002. I immediately connected with it and they became one of my favorite bands. They were one of the groups that inspired me to try screaming. (I still love singing along to A Box Full of Sharp Objects.) In April of 2003, I went to see them (along with Thrice) for my first show. My interested faded with subsequent releases, but I'll always have fond memories of this album.
06:05 PM on 06/25/12
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
Will always be a favorite of mine, it's the exact perfect middle point of heavy and light music. Few bands/albums are able to walk the line as well as this one did
06:05 PM on 06/25/12
killbrand.com
Ezekiel 36: 26-28
User Info.
Is it worth it, can you even hear me?
06:06 PM on 06/25/12
Steeeve Perry
Pushin' th' little daisies
User Info.
It had about four good songs and, I thought, a considerable amount of filler. People were calling them Thursday-gone-pop. They didn't blow up in Australia until the next record, which I thought also had about four good songs, though many others argued the first album was far superior.
A Box Full of Sharp Objects is still a jam, and I still get a kick out of hearing Taste of Ink being played at the occasional house party.
06:07 PM on 06/25/12
Ricketts
@allenricketts
User Info.
First saw them on FUSE back when it was good. Bought the album and it was my skating jam for a couple of years. In Love and Death was good too but nothing stuck with me as much as the S/T. Such an amazing album.
06:08 PM on 06/25/12
bobcatbob18
Hang your secrets
User Info.
Fantastic album and a genre favorite for me. You can't beat "Noise and Kisses" with a stick!
06:11 PM on 06/25/12
schmalz
...with the saves the day record on
User Info.
You'll never find it, if you're looking for it...

Damn good album. I still enjoy spinning it
06:12 PM on 06/25/12
Montauk1222
APWP Champion: 4th times a charm
User Info.
I remember seeing the A Box Full Of Sharp Objects video on AOL Music (lol) and immediately went out and bought the album and listened to it nonstop I think until I first heard Bayside haha.
Kerplunk_23
User Info.
I will never forget hearing A Taste Of Ink and feeling like the song spoke to me,I then picked up their self titled album and been a fan ever since.
lovemetal24
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
one of the best albums ever...changed music
06:13 PM on 06/25/12
billyboatkid
The Protagonist of Loneliness
User Info.
8th grade. My transition into high school. Love this album. Still do
06:14 PM on 06/25/12
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.

06:15 PM on 06/25/12
DIRTYNOUVEAU
this is a wine drowning.
User Info.
one of the biggest game changers ever. this album FLOORED me - and even though it seems a bit silly as a comparison, bands like Letlive. owe a lot to The Used for being able to take such a harsh, hardcore sound and blend it with pop sensibilities so seemlessly.
I couldn't fathom how easily Bert could switch from his throat-shearing screams and shrieks to high-pitched hooks. It was as if he was a pair of turntables, one side was gorgeous high notes and the other side was screaming, and he simply pushed the fader from one side all the way to the other. brilliant.
subsequent albums have been letdowns, but nothing was as genuine, as ground-breaking or as memorable as that first s/t album. props to John Feldmann for manning the boards for it too.
06:15 PM on 06/25/12
aradiantsunrise
i get what i want
User Info.
Still love it. Reminds me a lot of the good times I had in the early 2000s.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos