AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 38 of 38
12:47 PM on 06/27/12
Jake Denning
User Info.
Not really butthurt lol. He's just a perennially awful interviewer and it's a bummer since he seems to be the only one from this site interviewing bands like this.

I want a divorce!
02:57 PM on 06/27/12
neo506
Ten Stories
User Info.
It's a fucking stupid question. He didn't drum on Dustin's solo album when they WERE in a band. Why the fuck would he do it when the band is on hiatus?

if he brings in riley to drum then he might as well bring in teppei and ed to fill out the rest of the band. if dustin is trying to push thrice aside for the time being it probably would be detrimental to start bringing members back into his new band.

+44 anyone?

I joined the 4 of them for a beer in London along with some of their crew after the show in April. I honestly don't believe there's anything wrong, everyone seemed to be getting along just fine.

People just want a story. Its sad
05:23 PM on 06/27/12
JimmyAveningo
User Info.
wouls actually really be interested in hearing the other 3 members do an instrumental album
08:32 PM on 06/27/12
CarouselBoy
Not everything, not yet
User Info.
In his response to the question about Invisible Children, the correct spelling of the idiom is "erring on the side...."
01:02 AM on 06/28/12
Paulb-182
opentofire.bandcamp.com
User Info.
+44 anyone?

People just want a story. Its sad
I know yeah. What can you do! Unless you know the full story people who have no contact with the band whatsoever will speculate. I'm not saying I have contact with them other than chancing on meeting them in the bar after the gig, but I don't see a bunch of people who don't like each other going out together.
11:09 AM on 06/28/12
unnameworthy
Gypsy Wizard
User Info.
Dude. I'm almost more excited to see what Riley and Ed come up with than I would be a the prospect of another Thrice record. Those demos on Riley's Bandcamp page are some of the most stirring instrumental pieces I've heard in ever.
09:14 PM on 06/28/12
yufli
...rook takes knight
User Info.
Interesting question about drumming on the solo thing and an even more interesting response... REALLY would like to know the tone of the answer for that one question in particular.

Teppei did organs on Please Come Home as far as I know, and he's the only Thrice who did anything else on it besides Dustin. it says it in the liner notes of the album, which I own.
speaking of Please Come Home... what a terrific album, and I would love to hear from that side of Dustin any day!

oh and I thought it was really cool how he actually mentioned not being down with the initial idea of bringing Invisible Children on the tour, because he wanted the emphasis on the music. that's a great honest answer.
01:16 AM on 06/29/12
Jake Denning
User Info.
Interesting question about drumming on the solo thing and an even more interesting response... REALLY would like to know the tone of the answer for that one question in particular.

Teppei did organs on Please Come Home as far as I know, and he's the only Thrice who did anything else on it besides Dustin. it says it in the liner notes of the album, which I own.
speaking of Please Come Home... what a terrific album, and I would love to hear from that side of Dustin any day!

oh and I thought it was really cool how he actually mentioned not being down with the initial idea of bringing Invisible Children on the tour, because he wanted the emphasis on the music. that's a great honest answer.
Sorry, I've been out of the loop today, and I've noticed that multiple people have asked about the tone of the quote where Riley responds to drumming on Dustin's solo album. Riley was definitely direct about it, but he also was far from sarcastic/cynical, it was more of a light-hearted tone. No worries!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos