Username
Password
Hip-Hop News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 34.
09:05 AM on 06/28/12
fuckyouscenekid
Follow YOUR nose.
User Info.
I like the songs that have been released. I'll probably like anything he puts out to be honest, but he has gone away from his old style and originality. To me it seems like he's trying to please the "rap" community and give himself more street cred. Even his personality in interviews has changed. But, all of that aside he is still talented and I am still a fan.
09:10 AM on 06/28/12
_veges_
User Info.
it's like he's not himself anymore or something, it makes me sad because I really loved his authenticity on Camp.
I'm starting to get that feeling too, some of the songs he's put out have definitely been his style and he's seemed himself, but the tracks like these it feels like there's just something missing. I don't think they're bad, just not what I've come to love about him
09:34 AM on 06/28/12
thesollopsist
Up all night, and down all day
User Info.
I like Gambino but some of these mixtape songs are not good.
My thoughts too.
09:41 AM on 06/28/12
BusterBluth
@edgarallentoe
User Info.
I'm starting to get that feeling too, some of the songs he's put out have definitely been his style and he's seemed himself, but the tracks like these it feels like there's just something missing. I don't think they're bad, just not what I've come to love about him
It just sucks because I loved that he was different in that he was soft but he could still fuck up most rappers in a battle.
11:04 AM on 06/28/12
runningohfive
I know...
User Info.
This song and Fuck Yo Blog are the weakest I've heard so far.
11:36 AM on 06/28/12
I am Mick
http://www.worncolors.bandcamp.c om
User Info.
It's not a matter of him being "hood" it's just him being childish (zing.)

Seriously. The repeating "You don't like what we're doing, then shut up" is just awful
11:50 AM on 06/28/12
Punkdc
Some guy who enjoys stuff
User Info.
It's not a matter of him being "hood" it's just him being childish (zing.)

Seriously. The repeating "You don't like what we're doing, then shut up" is just awful
Along with liking Asian girls.
12:20 PM on 06/28/12
PermanentTourists
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
He does not fit this style. This is awful.
01:50 PM on 06/28/12
jon.
User Info.
Eh - not feeling this one at all.
02:13 PM on 06/28/12
mwheeler1987
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm waiting on the artwork for this mixtape.
02:35 PM on 06/28/12
evilandy
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It just sucks because I loved that he was different in that he was soft but he could still fuck up most rappers in a battle.
wow, just no. gambino is a horrible rapper who would get shit on in a battle. every once in a while he has a somewhat interesting idea that gets completely ruined by his terrible flows and awkwardly forced delivery. also his punchlines are laughable, and not in the way he's going for. and this is petty but his voice is annoying too. he is the absolute worst of the post-drake generation of rappers. he makes rap for people who don't know anything about rap.
03:18 PM on 06/28/12
yayitsjoe
An American Workplace.
User Info.
this song is terrible. dammit. I really want to love these new songs, but they're really hit or miss. ugh.
03:24 PM on 06/28/12
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
wow, just no. gambino is a horrible rapper who would get shit on in a battle. every once in a while he has a somewhat interesting idea that gets completely ruined by his terrible flows and awkwardly forced delivery. also his punchlines are laughable, and not in the way he's going for. and this is petty but his voice is annoying too. he is the absolute worst of the post-drake generation of rappers. he makes rap for people who don't know anything about rap.
hm, a lot of people seem to like what he's doing. is there something wrong with making rap for people who don't normally listen to rap? if people like it, let them like it and let him keep doing what he's doing. doesn't affect you in any way.
06:35 PM on 06/28/12
Ryan Dennehy
He played a song from the mixtape featuring "KiloKeesh" or something in NYC the other day during his encore - it was unbearable. Not looking forward to this at all.
07:22 PM on 06/28/12
bamamitch
lays flat, won't bacon
User Info.
it's like he's not himself anymore or something, it makes me sad because I really loved his authenticity on Camp.
i feel the same way. he was so about being "different" on the culdesac and then even on camp, but all of these releases lately have just made him sound like every other rapper out there. :/
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests