AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Senses Fail News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Senses Fail
Inside AP.net

Dear, Buddy Nielsen...With Love, Buddy Nielsen.

Posted by: Thomas Nassiff (06/28/12)
Buddy Nielsen from Senses Fail has written a letter to his younger self offering some advice.
From the LetterThat girlfriend you thought you were going to get married to? Well, you didn't. You did however spend four thousand dollars on a designer handbag to make up for the fact that she caught you cheating on her. In the future you will learn that if you want to cheat on someone, just break up with them. It is the honest thing to do and less expensive.

Trust me on this one, your early 20's are going to be a trying time but as soon as you hit 25 it's gonna be fucking awesome. Apart for the fact that you will start to get insanely hungover. Even drinking four beers is going to set you down a dark path for the morning, so drink up while you're still young.

On a serious note, you're a good person, just rough around the edges. The sands of time will start to smooth you out, be open to the change and don't be too hard on yourself. Enjoy the present.

Love
Older Buddy

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 128
12:29 AM on 06/28/12
anamericangod
User Info.
He speaks the truth. Fuck buying girls expensive things in your early 20s. Just...fuck it.
12:33 AM on 06/28/12
billyboatkid
The Protagonist of Loneliness
User Info.
Made that mistake twice. There shall not be a thrice.
12:45 AM on 06/28/12
GetUpAndrew
The Things We Think We're Missing
User Info.
I need to copy and paste this on Word, print it and pin it up on my bedroom wall.
12:48 AM on 06/28/12
Say Hello 87
User Info.
this shit is so true, i love how honest he was in it too, rare.
01:14 AM on 06/28/12
LivingTheLyrics
What you feel will rarely rhyme.
User Info.
This is a great way of putting all of this, I've done similar shit in my drunken free time.
01:31 AM on 06/28/12
brokenwings
Tear the scene down, start over.
User Info.
He speaks the truth. Fuck buying girls expensive things in your early 20s. Just...fuck it.
this
01:32 AM on 06/28/12
Solo
flyin'
User Info.
I hope he is right about the 25 thing...I am getting there and things aren't looking very hopeful...

I hate my shitty white collar cubicle desk job, I'm engaged to someone I've grown to despise but am too afraid of dying alone to break it off, I have over 150 gigs, yes GIGS of smut, I wasted my time in college pursuing a path my parents wanted me to pursue instead of getting the degree I wanted, I'm growing apart from all of my good friends and support system, every single day is the same monotonous crap and will be for the next 50 or so years barring any unexpected accidents. =(

If I could write a letter to my younger self it would probably say "kill yourself now."
Dude.... Get out of that relationship now.

Your future self will be thankful
02:07 AM on 06/28/12
Ann Arbor
voyeuristic to the trackmarks
User Info.
love this
02:21 AM on 06/28/12
g319
do you want your shit pushed in?
User Info.
Dude.... Get out of that relationship now.

Your future self will be thankful

Couldn't be better said. Get out!
02:26 AM on 06/28/12
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
I hope he is right about the 25 thing...I am getting there and things aren't looking very hopeful...

I hate my shitty white collar cubicle desk job, I'm engaged to someone I've grown to despise but am too afraid of dying alone to break it off, I have over 150 gigs, yes GIGS of smut, I wasted my time in college pursuing a path my parents wanted me to pursue instead of getting the degree I wanted, I'm growing apart from all of my good friends and support system, every single day is the same monotonous crap and will be for the next 50 or so years barring any unexpected accidents. =(

If I could write a letter to my younger self it would probably say "kill yourself now."

I think you know what you have to do. It's never too late to fix your life.

I got cheated on by a girlfriend of over three years back in Feburary and while it was horrible to say the least (we had an apartment and two cats together) it was the best thing to happen to me as the relationship was slowly becoming shit anyways. Things happen and it's how you choose to go about dealing with it that counts. Just be honest with yourself and change things before its too late. The longer you wait, the messier it will be.
02:27 AM on 06/28/12
signal to noise
User Info.
im glad that out of the tattoos he mentions regretting, he does not mention the pealing banana with a dick coming out of it. thats just funny.
02:43 AM on 06/28/12
Born_For_This
Registered Member
User Info.
Quifer Sutherland? I have to see this!

As for the rest, the girlfriend thing hit home. I'm at that situation now, and I think the relationship is over to be honest. As for the part about getting older, I'm slowly fearing it less, although turning 20 in August is scaring the crap out of me.
02:44 AM on 06/28/12
CastlesXClouds
Relax
User Info.
Quifer Sutherland? I have to see this!

As for the rest, the girlfriend thing hit home. I'm at that situation now, and I think the relationship is over to be honest. As for the part about getting older, I'm slowly fearing it less, although turning 20 in August is scaring the crap out of me.
you and i both my friend
03:15 AM on 06/28/12
hectorial85
Saved The Day
User Info.
Dude, I was in a place like that - got out of the relationship and job. Never felt better. Do it.

This letter is so relevant too. 25+ had been fucking awesome (apart from the hangovers) but you've gotta make those leaps and take those chances too.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums