XFN AP LEAGUE SITE
(GO HERE IF YOU NEED HELP NAVIGATING THROUGH CERTAIN PROCESSES ON XFN)
League Rules (Modified May 3rd, 2012)
*Subject To Change
ROSTERS MUST BE AT A MAXIMUM OF 55 PLAYERS AT ALL TIMES.
**slyck will act as a second board moderator and help out with issues as they arise when I'm not around (even when I am, he'll have that ability) but there will be times when I'm busy with school or real life shit so if I'm not around and if you see slyck, feel free to talk to him about any league issues. Him and I will communicate via PM to make sure there aren't any types of double standard or contradiction**
When you have a question/comment in the thread for myself, you might as well quote slyck as well to get an answer quicker if I’m not around the thread.
XFN CSS Website Editor Fixer Guy/Graphic Design
1. Illegal Plays: Nano Blitzing, Motioning Outward* or Mid-Motion Behind the Offensive Line Hiking, "rocket catching" (not the animation catches) Goal Line Fade, Zigzagging your S/LBs to wiggle through the line (That fucks with the AI and you dummies know that), Pulling guys off the line on punt returns. Fake Onside kick is now banned at all times.
*Motioning Outward: All motioning must be INWARD or Left to Right/Right to Left. NO Left side Left Motion or Right side Right Motion. (unless player comes to a complete stop for example: Motioning a left side TE to the left slot and he stops at the LOS.) All motioning OUT OF THE BACKFIELD must come to a complete stop BEFORE HIKING or it is illegal.
2. Illegal Subs: No SS @ LB, CB @ WR or WR @ CB, CB @ SS (CB @ FS IS FINE)
3. No running your manually controlled defensive player around pre-snap to build up his acceleration.
+Manually moving LBs around to reflect pass coverage or to a different spot on the field is fine, However when you're building up the players acceleration in preparation to jump through a gap/gain a step on the set lineman--thats where the problem lies. You may move your players around on the field prior to the snap but at the snap, they should be set to avoid any suspect issues of building up ones acceleration to gain an advantage.
4. No manually pulling the d-line to run around into coverage (DE or DT or any LB @ DE or DE @ DT). Hot route hook zones and man coverage is okay if the AI is controller, but manually controlling a DE or DT to instantly drop into coverage is illegal
5. Offensive Player Spam
This is a new rule being plugged in (1 APR) to combat people cheesing money plays via a 8-0 poll of certain veteran users and the rule is this:
+ No offensive player that has more than 5
receptions, may account for 75% of that teams offense in any given game
+ I.E. No player can have 12 of your teams 16 receptions, there is something awfully fishy about that to the league as a whole.
Effective immediately for Season 3.
There will be a tanking rule to combat users leaving for multiple amounts of CPU games and laying down in games they are playing for draft pick status.
In the event of a possible tanking scenario, particular veterans would be polled along with the commissioner’s take to come to a gathered decision as to if a user is tanking. In the event of having a tanker on our hands, they will be punished by:
--Not being able to draft for their team at all the following season.
--Users missing more than FOUR games (25%) will also be subjected to the tanking rule depending on polling of veteran users. Same punishment would apply to prolonged league absences stated above. If you quit out of a game down by less than 14, it counts as a missed game.
--If you do not draft because of this rule, your 1st & 2nd round selections would then be dropped into Free Agency at the completion of the draft for open bidding.
1. Cutthroat: If an opponent disconnects and you are able to take a win at ANY time the game allows, you are free to do so.
2. Grieving: If an opponent disconnects for “grieving” then the other team must have photo proof and post it directly in the thread. At that time, the user will have the option to either a) replay the game or b) play the cpu
3. Don't Be An Asshole: There is no reason to be running up the score on teams just because you can. You may play a game against an opponent significantly worse than you are so simply play the game with class. If it gets out of hand then simply drain the clock and get it over with. This is something that shouldn't have to be reiterated but the fact of the matter is, it does.
4. I know we all hate each other, but please show some respect to your opponent. At the end of the day if I feel it is getting too personal over who won a video game. Things are going to get heated at times but try to keep it mellow because if someone elects to report you and a mod takes it into his own hands, not much I can do for you at that point so please, keep that in mind.
5. 4th Down Rule
1) You may go for it on 4th down at any point of the game when you are past your own 45 yard line.
2) You may go for it on 4th down in the second half with 3:00 left in the 3rd quarter through the rest of the game if you are losing from anywhere on the field
II: Trading/Free Agency
THERE IS NOW A TRADE BLOCK FORUM ON XFN, POST YOUR BLOCKS THERE.
***Once a trade has been agreed to by BOTH parties, it WILL be processed. There will be no pulling deals off the table after the fact. Make sure the deal makes sense for you from both a player standpoint as well as financial aspect. The only exception to this rule is if XFN will not allow the trade due to it not being cap compliant.***
1. All trades must be discussed publicly in the official league thread.
- No backdoor trading (no trading via private message, facebook, skype, texting, google+, etc)
2. There is NO limit on the number of trades you may complete per season with the new salary cap function being added.
3. You are now able to trade draft picks. Due to these drafts being garbage after Round 2 (sometimes sooner than that) Trading of draft picks are limited to 1st and 2nd round picks of the current year.
4. Finalized trades MUST
be posted in the XFN Trade forum once they are completed for tracking purposes.
5. Player Overalls will now be from the XFN Site. Not Depth Chart/Player Management on the game. When discussing trades, OVRs from XFN will suffice as that is where most of the league business is now handled. Overalls don't mean much as we already know, its about the actual attributes.
II.B Free Agency
Free Agency will now be ran using a bidding system with the latest salary cap implementation. If you don’t understand how it works you can ask someone in the thread or refer to the Salary Cap FAQ on XFN which can be found at the top of this post.
Free Agency will open at the advance every game week until free agency closes in Week 11.
Bidding will be closed and players will be awarded to the winning team at the commissioners discretion (but it will happen EVERY week).
If you want a player, it’s good to keep an eye on the bidding system to make sure you aren’t being outbidded by another team and if you are, to weigh the options as to if its worth placing another bid on said player.
Cutting Players In The Off-Season
--There will no longer be rules on the types of players you must cut with the salary cap being implemented. After you’ve negotiated with your own free agents and decided who to resign and who to allow to test the open market, you will then have to ensure your team is at 48 players for draft day.
--If you have a lot of cap space and can get away with cutting 7 shitters then more power to you. Fact of the matter is with the cap system in place, most will not be able to do that and will be faced with difficult decisions including being forced to allow players they’d normally keep to test free agency.
The league will continue to be a manually drafted league to take place after the offseason resigning period, dates/times to be discussed as each draft approaches.
On Draft Day, users may explore draft day trades that could include A) Players B) Picks or C) Both.
You will be able to pull off trades from the morning of draft day up until one hour prior to draft time so that I may have enough time to get the proper draft order set.
If you wish to package picks/players to move up in the first round, you may also do that ON draft day during the trading period as well.
IIa: Salary Cap
Beginning in Season 3 (Now): All teams WILL be cap compliant in the current league year. If they go over the current year number after signing a free agent, they will be given an opportunity to make room and release cap space. Cap space for the year ahead (2014 in this case) is okay to be negative, you will deal with that in the Season 3 OFFSEASON..
III: Privacy Clauses/Thread Discussion/Harassment/Respect/Maturity Issues
1. This is simple. Be mature about what you say and do. No posting peoples personal information/photos/dick pix without their prior approval. We’re all grown up here, lets act like it.
III.A Broadcasting Games
1. There is to be no public broadcasting of games via Justin.TV, Stickam, Skype---whatever without approval from BOTH participants in the said game, period. You may post clips/games after it has been completed but as stated, are not allowed to live stream games without the consent of your opponent.
Slap on the wrist punishments are a thing of the past. Clearly, they have to be because people just don't know how to play nice in a video game league that shouldn't be anything more than leisure, pretty sad. With that being said, there will be a three tier punishment system beginning in Season 3. These punishments will apply to violation in the rules EXCEPT the tanking rule. If you are found to be tanking, you will simply have your 1st & 2nd round selections dropped into Free Agency and you will be welcome back the following season.
Anything else…ranging from skeptical play to personal attacks to just being a shithead to the league as a whole and a burden will result in the following punishment.
1st Offense: (1)
8 game suspension and the ability to participate in offseason activities (Free Agency AND Drafting) will be stripped. You will still be required to have your team to 48 players by the draft and maintain yourself under the salary cap but you will not be able to partake on the OFFSEASON Free Agency period (you can partake the following season starting in Week 1). Consequently, your 1st & 2nd round picks will be cut from your team and dropped into Free Agency for Week 1 FA Bidding (you will not be able to bid on these players). You WILL be able to resign your own free agents, however.
2nd Offense: (1)
16 game suspension and the ability to participate in offseason activities (Free Agency AND Drafting) will be stripped. You will still be required to have your team to 48 players by the draft and maintain yourself under the salary cap but you will not be able to partake on the OFFSEASON Free Agency period (you can partake the following season starting in Week 1). Consequently, your 1st & 2nd round picks will be cut from your team and dropped into Free Agency for Week 1 FA Bidding (you will not be able to bid on these players). You WILL be able to resign your own free agents, however.
3rd Offense: At this point, you will be removed from the league for the duration of that current game year. You will be able to reapply to join the league when the next Madden game is released.
In order for a punishment conversation to take place, a single user will have to have TWO valid complaints brought against him with solid proof. If you come to me/the league with a complaint about a user with no proof, it will be disregarded immediately.
Advancements are EVERY 48 hours. However there are a few exceptions to this rule:
a. League will advance if ALL games are in prior to the 48 hour rule
b. League will advance if ALL games are in with the exception of one or two, this happens in the event there has been very little/no attempt at contacting/scheduling with each other in this thread. This thread is used as a monitor to see who's active and who isn't. If you make very little attempt to schedule/play your game, the rest of the league will not be waiting on you and we will advance.
c. User/CPU games are NEVER going to be the last game. If they are, it gets advanced---period.
d. If one user makes a solid attempt to contact his opponent and gets very little cooperation in return via no contact or piss poor scheduling times, the user who made the attempt(s) will get to play the CPU. IE: The 24 hour rule.
Any questions? Feel free to PM either myself or slyck, or you can just quote one/both of us in the thread and get a response fairly quickly.
OPEN TEAMS: ST. LOUIS RAMS, TAMPA BAY BUCS