AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Exclusive News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 49.
05:01 PM on 06/29/12
BobDylanismyman
User Info.
I haven't even listened to this song/band, but WCAR are one of the most generic bands in this genre themselves.
WCAR is unbelievably over rated... Emmure and Btf made them look like a local starter band on that last tour. js
05:01 PM on 06/29/12
johnnyferris
Inside of your heart always
User Info.
Sounds enjoyable. But did "To Plant a Seed" catch the whole metalcore scene by storm? I don't think so even though it is a good song.
05:02 PM on 06/29/12
Brandon Allin
Stay Ready
User Info.
WCAR is unbelievably over rated... Emmure and Btf made them look like a local starter band on that last tour. js
Emmure are an awful, awful band.
05:40 PM on 06/29/12
BobDylanismyman
User Info.
Emmure are an awful, awful band.
Agreed but they still murdered wcar live... i enjoy the energy, def not the lyrics.
05:50 PM on 06/29/12
Brandon Allin
Stay Ready
User Info.
Agreed but they still murdered wcar live... i enjoy the energy, def not the lyrics.

Yeah, I saw WCAR open a show once, was not impressed at all. The clean vocals were terrible.
06:25 PM on 06/29/12
sweepthenation
Vickadelphia
User Info.
When you say WCAR caught the metalcore scene by storm, I think you misspelled "tweeny-bopper-core scene"
06:26 PM on 06/29/12
get up kidd
I refuse to sink
User Info.
To be honest, i had no idea people took this seriously. I thought it was just for bro's who like to mosh. Fucking gay.
03:49 AM on 06/30/12
badforcats1189
User Info.
with the exception of maybe 4 or 5 current bands, metalcore is dead
08:25 AM on 06/30/12
Quijiba
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
to be fair WCAR is also pretty damn generic, so its fitting that he compared this to them
03:23 PM on 06/30/12
deadelement
magic asian
User Info.
Yeah sort of, especially now. To my knowledge when that song/album came out they were one of the few metalcore/post-hardcore/whatevercore that incorporated symphonic elements in the way they did with the clean vocals and what not.
That album was barely 'symphonic' - a bunch of light orchestral samples, keyboards and whatnot were not new then either. And the term 'clean vocals' should not apply to the music from them especially on that album. Dude sounds like a keyboard and not an actual singer, seeing them live confirmed that (even worse that he wasn't even hitting most of the notes).
05:56 PM on 06/30/12
schaft
iESTOY POOPIN!
User Info.
WCAR "caught the whole metalcore scene by storm"? Ha.

And yeah, this song is nothing special. Same generic sound most bands in this genre are doing now. And the guy who wrote the little blurb to go with this story is making their band come off as incredibly douche-like.
07:33 PM on 06/30/12
cococrisp20
3Hunna
User Info.
That album was barely 'symphonic' - a bunch of light orchestral samples, keyboards and whatnot were not new then either. And the term 'clean vocals' should not apply to the music from them especially on that album. Dude sounds like a keyboard and not an actual singer, seeing them live confirmed that (even worse that he wasn't even hitting most of the notes).
Yeah but it was an enough of an identifying factor that you could tell it's them. I know their clean vocalist gets a lot of hate, and I've seen videos of them live where he sucks, but I had the opportunity to see them about 3 times I think, and he was pretty good 2 out of 3 times. As much as he may suck, he still has a somewhat unique voice (or autotune whatever the hell you wanna call it). I don't really even like the band, and I'm not really trying to defend them, I just like a few songs by them, and I was just saying "To Plant A Seed" is better than this song.
06:22 PM on 07/09/12
KingRalph
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
These guys are without a doubt the biggest bunch of assholes I've ever dealt with. I work at a venue they played, and there was a disagreement that ended with me being threatened for 2 hours and finally me calling the cops. These guys don't stand for jack shit, and are the most god awful band I've ever heard. Way to take a risk, guys, this new song is so ballsy and original.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests