Username
Password
MTV News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 60.
10:08 AM on 11/28/07
CelticFae74
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I too had problems understanding why Casey's death was affecting me so deeply. Yes, I was able to put a smile, a laugh and a handshake with it. But I knew that I didn't really know Casey. Through this article and James' observations, now I think I understand a little better why I still choke up a bit when I think about the boy with the sneetches tattoo.
10:16 AM on 11/28/07
iamtaylorrr
it's just not quite the season
User Info.
MTV is blocked at my school, definitely wanna check this out.
10:34 AM on 11/28/07
Hainzey X
destiny found.
User Info.
that was such a well written article. one of the best i've read so far.
10:35 AM on 11/28/07
summeroflike
User Info.
This article really touched me. I'm more and more impressed with James' writing. He really hit the nail on the head with this one.
11:03 AM on 11/28/07
L.G. FUAD
User Info.
Between this and Sean Taylor (I'm a huge Redskins fan), I've just been in an awful mood all week. I try not to think about it, and even though I never knew/met them personally.... I think James said it best: "Life can be a real jerk sometimes."

Most definitely...I'm gonna miss them both...HAIL.
11:17 AM on 11/28/07
bigcitydreamsxx
Forever a Lake Effect Kid
User Info.
Very well written. It's a tough topic to tackle, but he did it really well.
I still can't believe this happened, esp. to someone so young.
And it makes me so happy to see how everyone can come together, despite musical taste, when something terrible happens within the music community.
I personally wasn't a HH fan, but anyday that someone's life is taken so early at no fault of his own, it makes me realize how short and fragile life is.
11:50 AM on 11/28/07
cory-182
User Info.
His feelings about the matter are very similar to mine. His death has affected me more than I thought it would, because in this current scene, there isn't a huge gap between band members and their fans, and I felt as though a part of my and my friends in him.
11:54 AM on 11/28/07
sheisarebel
Dee
User Info.
That was a great article. Like James, I am having trouble figuring out why Casey's death is bothering me so much. But when I think about, it's the way he died that upsets me the most. I mean, if you think about it, the guy probably just went to take a nap before soundcheck and never woke up. That is so cruel and so unexpected, especially for someone as nice as Casey. It really puts life into perspective, but at least he died on the road doing what he loved most. It also bothers me because he was part of a band that I actually saw perform at Bamboozle two years ago. They put on a great set and really got the crowd psyched for the All-American Rejects and Fall Out Boy. He will be missed dearly.
12:09 PM on 11/28/07
oldskool
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I get so sad when i think about casey. I am haunted everytime i am reminded how un predictable life can be.
12:13 PM on 11/28/07
xfantabulousx
Title and Registration
User Info.
Between this and Sean Taylor (I'm a huge Redskins fan), I've just been in an awful mood all week. I try not to think about it, and even though I never knew/met them personally.... I think James said it best: "Life can be a real jerk sometimes."
gosh yeah. they were both so young and so talented.

james did a great job on that article.
12:14 PM on 11/28/07
meliisssaaaa
love me or leave me alone.
User Info.
rip..
12:44 PM on 11/28/07
LV03
User Info.
very good article.

"omg...i guess we cant get married now lol..." from caseys site...who the fuck leaves a comment like that?
12:53 PM on 11/28/07
AmericanZen
Scene like Al Roker
User Info.
very good article.

"omg...i guess we cant get married now lol..." from caseys site...who the fuck leaves a comment like that?

hahaha, I read that too. WTF?
12:53 PM on 11/28/07
cmonletsspoon
User Info.
well written
01:07 PM on 11/28/07
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
This guy is actually a damn fine writer, especially for MTV.

While I never really like HH, this death sort of made me think about bands from that genre who talk about death and dying so "freely". Bands like From First to Last, The Used, AFI, and Alkaline Trio talk about death in a theatrical sense and use it as an image arbitrator. Now that one among the ranks has actually died, I wonder how this will change the way they feel about how they talk about death.

I do love me some Alkaline Trio though.

Bayside used to be very "dark" lyrically with many references to death and the like, and after Beatz passing much of it ceased.

This column is usually hit or miss, but this is probably the best I've read.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests