Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 28 of 28
01:39 PM on 07/02/12
low_rising
Registered Member
User Info.
album is good imo, vocals have improved a lot as well as the song writing itself my only complaint would be the guitar work, as it was far "better" or more diverse on deceiver. Also the album itself is quite diverse, sure the songs may all use the same sing/scream verse/ chorus pattern, but there's many elements in the songs themselves that differentiate them from each other.
02:01 PM on 07/02/12
Steve Alcala
facebook.com/stevealcalaart
User Info.
album is good imo, vocals have improved a lot as well as the song writing itself my only complaint would be the guitar work, as it was far "better" or more diverse on deceiver. Also the album itself is quite diverse, sure the songs may all use the same sing/scream verse/ chorus pattern, but there's many elements in the songs themselves that differentiate them from each other.

I think I miss the diversity the most. The guitar work was much stronger and melodic on Deceiver in my opinion as well.
02:32 PM on 07/02/12
pissonyourgrave
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hate to say it but I'm finding the album to be so far a downgrade. I'll give a better judgement after I get my preorder.
I definitely agree.

There's not one song I enjoyed, vocals are terrible, every chorus sounds the same, and the production is weak!
03:05 PM on 07/02/12
InstruMETAL
Be the change you wish to see
User Info.
The guitars are a little simpler, but overall I like this album a lot.
03:52 PM on 07/02/12
low_rising
Registered Member
User Info.
I think I miss the diversity the most. The guitar work was much stronger and melodic on Deceiver in my opinion as well.

yea the guitar work was much stronger on deceiver, but i think the songs themselves are still diverse, such as their intros, outros, the varying electronics used, the vocal patterns and honestly just how different some of the songs from each other. But i don't think any of the songs "run into each other" , they're always "broken up".
04:05 PM on 07/02/12
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
yea the guitar work was much stronger on deceiver, but i think the songs themselves are still diverse, such as their intros, outros, the varying electronics used, the vocal patterns and honestly just how different some of the songs from each other. But i don't think any of the songs "run into each other" , they're always "broken up".

This is disheartening to hear, Deceiver was an overall very cohesive album. People who found that CD to be worse than this new stuff need to wake up (many people have been claiming this cd to be a massive step up). So far it lacks that ebb and flow Deceiever has and that ferocity.
04:19 PM on 07/02/12
Steve Alcala
facebook.com/stevealcalaart
User Info.
This is disheartening to hear, Deceiver was an overall very cohesive album. People who found that CD to be worse than this new stuff need to wake up (many people have been claiming this cd to be a massive step up). So far it lacks that ebb and flow Deceiever has and that ferocity.
I think it's ferocious in many spots on the new album (see Evolution, holy cow)

It's just there are many parts to this cd that just turn me off, because this band has never had a SLOW CHUG SLOW CHUG SNARE SLOW CHUG SLOW CHUG SNARE part before and now I'd say a good half of this album is just open note riffing and it's bumming.
05:58 PM on 07/02/12
low_rising
Registered Member
User Info.
i didn't really mean the "broken up" thing in a negative way, just meant the songs didn't song too similar. and yea this album is not a massive step up, it's more of a different direction for some of the songs.
06:17 PM on 07/02/12
davidwalbrun
Registered Member
User Info.
Well I have to disagree, this is great, I wouldn't say it's better than deceiver yet, but I love the direction they went in, but still having elements of deceiver
07:08 PM on 07/02/12
Ann Arbor
voyeuristic to the trackmarks
User Info.
album is great

07:16 PM on 07/02/12
bkraniger
User Info.
I couldn't make it through the album. Every song sounds the same..
04:05 PM on 07/03/12
madame.X
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i'm a new fan, i think their sound is innovative for sure
04:22 PM on 07/03/12
Courtneytalise
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Both albums are awesome. I love the Word Alive either way.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos