User Info.
mattjritter
USMNT ♦ AVFC
I N D P L S
Male - 26 Years Old
Wed 08/01/12 - London, ON - The Music Hall
Thu 08/02/12 - Toronto, ON - Sound Academy *
Fri 08/03/12 - Guelph, ON - Guelph Concert Theatre
Sat 08/04/12 - Montreal, QC - Parc Jean Drapeau (Osheaga Festival)
Tue 08/07/12 - Winnipeg, MB - Burton Cummings Theatre
Wed 08/08/12 - Saskatoon, SK - The Odeon
Thu 08/09/12 - Edmonton, AB - Edmonton Event Centre
Fri 08/10/12 - Calgary, AB - MacEwan Conference And Event Centre
Sun 08/12/12 - Vancouver, BC - The Vogue Theatre

Who's going to this?

*I'll be at the Toronto date. First time in Toronto.
12:44 PM on 07/03/12 
User Info.
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Female - 24 Years Old
Staff Member
Awesome! Toronto is a cool city so I'm sure you'll have a great time. I've been meaning to see Brand New for years now so I'm super stoked they're finally doing another "real" Canadian tour.
02:43 PM on 07/03/12 
User Info.
normz
This just isn't how.
Rochester NY
Male - 22 Years Old
A promoting company for upstate ny posted about booking Brand New again. Looks like they will be hitting the NE
03:07 PM on 07/03/12 
User Info.
avengedtbs
May your music break my eardrums
Rochester, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
A promoting company for upstate ny posted about booking Brand New again. Looks like they will be hitting the NE
About time. They played up here like 3 times in like a six month period in like 07-08, once again in like 09 and haven't been back in the area since.
03:08 PM on 07/03/12 
User Info.
mattjritter
USMNT ♦ AVFC
I N D P L S
Male - 26 Years Old
Awesome! Toronto is a cool city so I'm sure you'll have a great time. I've been meaning to see Brand New for years now so I'm super stoked they're finally doing another "real" Canadian tour.
Awesome! Yeah, I'm really excited. I heard the pier that Sound Academy is on is pretty cool.
07:58 PM on 07/05/12 
User Info.
gabrielM

Link? I just hope it's some kind of string of dates. & I hope it's announced with at least 4 months between the announcement and show so I can arrange a trip to see them. I miss seeing them live so bad.
09:04 PM on 07/05/12 
User Info.
normz
This just isn't how.
Rochester NY
Male - 22 Years Old
Link? I just hope it's some kind of string of dates. & I hope it's announced with at least 4 months between the announcement and show so I can arrange a trip to see them. I miss seeing them live so bad.

I actually can't figure out how to link a specific fb post.. but the company is after dark which pretty much all concert goers from NY are familiar with.

Quote:
Should we book Brand New again!? Buffalo, Rochester, or Syracuse?!

Here is one of our favorite Brand New jams for you to start your day with. Happy Tuesday!
09:27 PM on 07/05/12 
User Info.
gabrielM
I actually can't figure out how to link a specific fb post.. but the company is after dark which pretty much all concert goers from NY are familiar with.

wow. that made my night. i hope it happens and not in a festival. as long as it isnt a festival and i get at least 4 months notice, i'll fly anywhere in the US to see them again.
05:48 AM on 07/06/12 
User Info.
Mr.Kilgannon
Illuminate
East Lansing, MI
Male - 21 Years Old
Coming from Michigan to the Guelph show. Finally getting to see Brand New after 5 years.
11:09 AM on 07/21/12 
User Info.
mattjritter
USMNT ♦ AVFC
I N D P L S
Male - 26 Years Old
Can't wait for this show...just a few weeks away now.
06:53 AM on 08/02/12 
User Info.
SteveLikesMusic
I'm A Man, Dammit
Buffalo NY
Male - 27 Years Old
Setlist plz.
07:13 AM on 08/02/12 
User Info.
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Female - 24 Years Old
Staff Member
I'll definitely get a set-list if the people out east don't beat me to it. My show just got downsized to a venue that holds 750, which makes me a little more excited for Tuesday than I already am. Sucks that Brand New aren't selling as much as they anticipated though.
08:03 AM on 08/02/12 
User Info.
willywilkes
No Avatar Selected
Buffalo, NY
Male - 28 Years Old
Brand New killed it last night in London, played for almost an hour and 45 min. Don't recall whole set and order may be messed but, but here is what I do remember:

Millstone
The Archers Bows Have Broken
Sowing Season
At the Bottom
You Stole
(Another song off Daisy, can't remember which, maybe Bed)
Sic Transit Gloria.. Glory Fades
Okay I believe You, But My Tommy Gun Don't
The Boy Who Blocked His Own Shot
I Will Play My Game Beneath The Spinning Light
Jude Law and A Semester Abroad
Seventy Times 7
Jesus
Vices
Bought a Bride
Sink
Gasoline
You Won't Know
Welcome to Bangkok

I am pretty sure Not The Sun was in there somewhere too, and there may have been one or two others. I know for sure they opened with 3 in a row off of Devil, then 3 off Daisy, 4 from Deja, and 2 from YFW, and the last 6-8 were all from Devil and Daisy. They played straight through- no encore.
11:35 AM on 08/02/12 
User Info.
normz
This just isn't how.
Rochester NY
Male - 22 Years Old
Brand New killed it last night in London, played for almost an hour and 45 min. Don't recall whole set and order may be messed but, but here is what I do remember:

Millstone
Sowing Season
At the Bottom
You Stole
(Another song off Daisy, can't remember which, maybe Bed)
Seventy Times 7
Jesus
Vices
Bought a Bride
Sink
Gasoline
You Won't Know
Welcome to Bangkok

I am pretty sure Not The Sun was in there somewhere too, and there may have been one or two others. I know for sure they opened with 3 in a row off of Devil, then 3 off Daisy, 4 from Deja, and 2 from YFW, and the last 6-8 were all from Devil and Daisy. They played straight through- no encore.

This setlist does not do it for me. I hate that the only 2 songs they play off of YFW is Jude and 70x7. Sometimes they throw in mixtape.
03:10 PM on 08/02/12 
User Info.
thecurerocks182
Toronto
Male

Millstone
Sowing Season
At the Bottom
You Stole
(Another song off Daisy, can't remember which, maybe Bed) ** Tautou
Seventy Times 7
Jesus
Vices
Bought a Bride
Sink
Gasoline
Degausser
You Won't Know
Welcome to Bangkok

Just added some songs you missed from the setlist. It was an awesome show. An horse was very entertaining. Having never heard their music before, I was still very much into their setlist, esp with 1/4 of a stage to play. Cursive was amazing. I never thought I'd ever get to see them. For what I remember, they played a gentleman caller, the martyr, art is hard, dorothy at forty, from the hips, I couldn't love you, as well as a few more. As for Brand New, they were amazing as well...so much energy. I have only seen them once before at the Sound Academy in Toronto and they definitely put on a much better show this time. All in all, the 4 hour drive there and back was easily worth it. I grew up listening to Brand New and Cursive. To see both playing together was amazing.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets