AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Casey Abrams - Casey Abrams Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 7
Musicianship 7
Lyrics 6.75
Production 8
Creativity 7
Lasting Value 7.5
Reviewer Tilt 7
Final Verdict: 72%
Member Ratings
No one has rated this album. You can be the first.

Casey Abrams - Casey Abrams

Reviewed by: InfiniteArms (07/03/12)
Casey Abrams - Casey Abrams
Record Label: Concord Music Group
Release Date: June 26, 2012

This chill spectacular is one you wouldn't expect from an American Idol finalist because 1. It's original and 2. Casey wrote all but one song himself. This 21 year old American from California has a lot to put on the table when it comes to writing record, most of all because he can play more than 7 instruments, and he can play each of them quite well. Casey is the second contestant from American Idol's season 10 to release music via a label that isn't part of Jimmy Iovine's media giant, Interscope, which has been signing the winner, among others, for about 4 years now. Well Jimmy, you missed out.

The album starts off with a double bass being plucked away at and clicks behind it. "Simple Life" sets you up and straps you in to your seat for the next 38 minutes, but you won't take off when you listen, well you might, but I thought the album was more relaxing than uplifting, but that's just me. "Simple Life" was also the Teaser track released late in May, and by god it teased all of his fans and even teased a couple new ones.

The next four tracks are what I like to call the money tracks. They are probably the standouts of the whole album, as hard as it is to separate them. In order of appearance, "Ghosts" is a track that is reminiscent of Charlie Simpson's solo album, it's a nice little folk rock track that gets you singing along by the time the second verse comes around.

“Get Out” is the poppiest track on the record, but it attracted the most fans, and all the flak from long serving fans as well. It was called “the wrong direction” from long serving fans and “the best track on the album” from the new ones. This is interesting, because after watching him Idol, I did not expect him to move in any other direction.
The 4th Track, “Great Bright Morning” is a track that left me gobsmacked, it’s just perfect. It makes me want to get on a bike and forget where I am and where I’m going. It’s a slow moving track that reminds us that you don’t need the big drum set, powerful vocals, and crazy haircuts to get a good track out there.

“Blame It On Me” jumps on a different ship because it sounds like a folk-y gospel track best suited to your average church meet. It’s not bad in anyway, it’s just a change in tempo on the album, and it also gets you dancing. You might even find yourself slightly more religious than before after it. At some stages in the song, I am reminded of Dr Teeth and The Electric Mayhem. This is one massive compliment to Casey Abrams if you don’t mind me saying.

The Rest of album sits upon the same wire. By no means would I call this album balanced. It’s a very front loaded album, but it’s ready to be repeated at any moment. “Wore Out My Soul” is a very mellow soulful ballad that sounds like a song you could slow dance to at a wedding. It’s such a beautiful song.

The next standout on the album I would have to say is the last original but second last track on the album, “Dry Spell” It’s a great track that is very catchy and quirky. I had it playing via my speakers and the piano solo came on and my friend thought I was listening to a Ray Charles song, wow. The last track rounds the album out quite nicely, Casey employs the help of fellow American Idol contestant, Haley Reinhart to duet with him on “Hit The Road Jack” and it’s a little bluesy track to wind the album down to a nice slow stop.
Recommended If You LikeDr Teeth and The Electric Mayhem; Charlie Simpson; Ray Charles; Folk Pop

Track List:1. Simple Life
2. Ghosts
3. Get Out
4. Great Bright Morning
5. Blame It On Me
6. Wore Out My Soul
7. Stuck In London
8. Midnight Girl
9. A Boy Can Dream
10. Dry Spell
11. Hit The Road Jack (featuring Haley Reinhart)

Standout Tracks"Simple Life", "Blame It On Me", "Wore Out My Soul", "Dry Spell", "Hit The Road Jack (featuring Haley Reinhart)"

Displaying posts 1 - 5 of 5.
07:20 PM on 10/26/12
wiki65
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Artist is a descriptive term applied to a person who engages in an activity deemed to be an art. An artist also may be defined unofficially as a person who expresses him or herself through a medium. The word is also used in a qualitative sense of, a person creative in, innovative in, or adept at, an artistic practice. Thanks a lot.
Regards,
customized resume
06:20 AM on 11/16/12
sadia
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i am agree on this great post. college application essay
02:56 AM on 11/26/12
hoeuwousmith
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
research paper editor Being assigned a research paper is one of the most feared encounters a student has in his or her academic career, it requires you to do an extensive amount of work in each aspect of the process, researching, outlining, organizing, writing, rewriting and editing. To be successful in your research paper writing endeavor you can’t shortchange or overlook any one of these aspects, you have to have the adequate time to spend on each one. You must find relevant and comprehensive supporting evidence, and then organize all your information into a fluent essay which is convincing and eloquent, and due to the common importance of research papers, you have to do a good job.
02:58 AM on 11/26/12
hoeuwousmith
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
research paper editing Being assigned a research paper is one of the most feared encounters a student has in his or her academic career, it requires you to do an extensive amount of work in each aspect of the process, researching, outlining, organizing, writing, rewriting and editing. To be successful in your research paper writing endeavor you can’t shortchange or overlook any one of these aspects, you have to have the adequate time to spend on each one. You must find relevant and comprehensive supporting evidence, and then organize all your information into a fluent essay which is convincing and eloquent, and due to the common importance of research papers, you have to do a good job.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS