Username
Password
Motion City Soundtrack News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Motion City Soundtrack
Inside AP.net

Live Motion City Soundtrack Set

Posted by: Thomas Nassiff (07/03/12)
Head to the replies to check out most of Motion City Soundtrack's set from Baltimore on July 1 in high-quality videos. They play quite a few new songs from Go.

Submitted by WordzandDreamz

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 22.
09:25 AM on 07/03/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Circuits and Wires:

My Favorite Accident:

Last Night:

Better Open the Door:

It Had To Be You:

The Worst Is Yet To Come:

Pulp Fiction:

Timelines:

L.G.F.U.A.D.:

True Romance:

Everything is Alright:

Capital H:
09:40 AM on 07/03/12
rbf737
User Info.
The new songs are more enjoyable live than on tape IMO which is possibly because they have more energy live. This was a good show all in all save for the couple of jabronis in the crowd who thought they were MCS' pep squad whose job it was to judge who was or was not into the show enough and run into them accordingly.
09:58 AM on 07/03/12
ACA
Next Show: Silverstein @ NYC 4/25
User Info.
New album sounds like a Braid / The Promise Ring / Sunny Day Real Estate-type record and lacks the punch we've been accustomed to with their leanings towards punk-pop for the last decade.

The songs are good, but they're really a lot better live. Stoked to see them again in November with Jukebox the Ghost and Now, Now. "Timelines" is fantastic. Few bands are as tight as MCS live.
09:58 AM on 07/03/12
Jared Luttrell
VA punk pop.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The new songs are more enjoyable live than on tape IMO which is possibly because they have more energy live. This was a good show all in all save for the couple of jabronis in the crowd who thought they were MCS' pep squad whose job it was to judge who was or was not into the show enough and run into them accordingly.
I agree completely. The show itself was incredible, I enjoyed the songs more live than on the album, other than Timelines which i loved either way. But the show was partially ruined for me by the couple mosh bros in the crowd acting like cheer leaders. Not to mention two idiots next to me who pulled out a bag of pills and took them and started pushing everyone.
10:20 AM on 07/03/12
WordzandDreamz
and a million screams...
User Info.
Thanks for posting my vids Tom.
11:34 AM on 07/03/12
Born_For_This
Registered Member
User Info.
You know a band is brilliant when their new album actually disapoints, yet is still your favourite of the year. I love it, yet it doesn't have that spark I was wanting.
12:23 PM on 07/03/12
EndlessPrisoner
User Info.
I agree completely. The show itself was incredible, I enjoyed the songs more live than on the album, other than Timelines which i loved either way. But the show as partially ruined by me by the couple mosh bros in the crowd acting like cheer leaders. Not to mention two idiots next to me who pulled out a bag of pills and took them and started pushing everyone.
Wait, were the pill people that guy and his girlfriend?

But yeah, crowd was atrocious for this show.
12:26 PM on 07/03/12
NateFoundGlory
Why do you stay till you see blood?
User Info.

Oh man, I've dealt with fucks like that before. Very very annoying.

These vids are sweet, thanks for posting.
12:57 PM on 07/03/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
I was at this show and am so glad they played "Capital H". They said someone screamed it out and they played it instead of Disappear. I love Disappear but I never expected them to play "Capital H" and Justin said its the first time they played it on this tour.

I loved the album for its maturity and uniqueness in their discography but the songs do sound even better live. I think that can technically be said about almost all their songs. Motion City Soundtrack killed it live and I can't wait to see them again. The new album is just another mood to put on a MCS album. I am glad they played "Son of a Gun" and "The Worst Is Yet To Come" as those were my 2 favorites from the new album. (Timelines too!)
01:07 PM on 07/03/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
You know a band is brilliant when their new album actually disapoints, yet is still your favourite of the year. I love it, yet it doesn't have that spark I was wanting.
It did not have what I was expecting but still grew on me hard. I think it is almost better for an album that does not match my expectations. It may disappoint some but this album stands out in their discography with some of their best lyrics and unique melodies. I think it is great when a band releases an album that is less energy just to show they are not one trick ponies. Motion City Soundtrack have yet to disappoint me with an album but I gotta say this is one of those bands if they work hard enough they can pretty much do whatever style of music they want and make it good. Go was a bit of a shock at first but now it feels like a new step for motion city soundtrack.
01:28 PM on 07/03/12
Anthony Sorendino
Don't you dare ever give up...
User Info.
It did not have what I was expecting but still grew on me hard. I think it is almost better for an album that does not match my expectations. It may disappoint some but this album stands out in their discography with some of their best lyrics and unique melodies. I think it is great when a band releases an album that is less energy just to show they are not one trick ponies. Motion City Soundtrack have yet to disappoint me with an album but I gotta say this is one of those bands if they work hard enough they can pretty much do whatever style of music they want and make it good. Go was a bit of a shock at first but now it feels like a new step for motion city soundtrack.
This.
02:10 PM on 07/03/12
whatsername09
only goes up, my friend
User Info.
So good. I love watching Jesse on the keyboard.
02:23 PM on 07/03/12
Jared Luttrell
VA punk pop.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Wait, were the pill people that guy and his girlfriend?

But yeah, crowd was atrocious for this show.
YES. It was retarded. Was asking me and my friends if we had water but we knew what they were doing.
03:05 PM on 07/03/12
Journey408
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
glad they still play My Favorite Accident live

lgfu&d still sucks
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates