Username
Password

09:24 PM on 07/09/12 
User Info.
Nuns On A Bus
Hobson's Choice
Chico, California
Male - 22 Years Old
Haha, I was actually just reading another post of his, where's it's basically just him rambling about Romney's incoherent/messy foreign policy views. But generally he posts pretty interesting stuff/ideas.

Yep, he definitely pokes fun at Romney pretty often. I like that he makes fun of Realists too though, seeing as they're wrong!
09:35 PM on 07/09/12 
User Info.
Ferrari333SP
St. Paul, Minnesota
Male - 28 Years Old
Just finished this. Great read.

The guy has an amazing story, and it looks to be a fairly accessible/easy read, so this will probably be the first one I tackle out of the bunch.
09:49 PM on 07/09/12 
User Info.
Simulcast
Light without heat
Male - 28 Years Old
The guy has an amazing story, and it looks to be a fairly accessible/easy read, so this will probably be the first one I tackle out of the bunch.

That's my only gripe with it, haha.
02:32 AM on 07/10/12 
User Info.
deanster321
BLEGH
Birmingham/Huddersfi...
Male - 23 Years Old
The people there want to be British, and that alone seems reason enough for me to have them stay British. I don't really see why Argentina deserves anything, especially since they are the only side doing anything hostile these days.
Pretty much. Even if a compromise was possible I'm not sure the islanders themselves would be keen on one, and their wishes and right to self-determination are really what it should come down to.
03:37 AM on 07/10/12 
User Info.
georgedcc
Seosan
Male - 23 Years Old
This is a good start,

Thomas Lubanga sentenced to 14 years for Congo war crimes.
Democratic Republic of Congo warlord who recruited and used child soldiers is the first person convicted by the ICC.

Quote:
Thomas Lubanga was found guilty in March of abducting boys and girls under the age of 15 and forcing them to fight in the Democratic Republic of the Congo's eastern Ituri region in 2002-2003.

Lubanga, 51, is the first person convicted by the permanent war crimes tribunal.

What a bastard.
09:07 AM on 07/10/12 
User Info.
georgedcc
Seosan
Male - 23 Years Old
Park Geun-hye aims to become South Korea's first female president.
Daughter of dictator promises greater equality and to break the 'vicious cycle of mistrust' with North Korea.

That sounds all well and good, but she has previously described herself as a Korean Thatcher, so...
12:15 PM on 07/10/12 
User Info.
Nuns On A Bus
Hobson's Choice
Chico, California
Male - 22 Years Old
Pretty much. Even if a compromise was possible I'm not sure the islanders themselves would be keen on one, and their wishes and right to self-determination are really what it should come down to.

Mmhmm. I figure self-determination has been a mainstay of the last 100 years or so, no reason to stop now just because some South American countries have decided they need to assert themselves on the world stage.
06:06 AM on 07/11/12 
User Info.
Ferrari333SP
St. Paul, Minnesota
Male - 28 Years Old
What a bunch of fat-a** dicks

Fresh attacks in Nigeria claimed by Boko Haram: http://mg.co.za/article/2012-07-11-f...ink14-20120711

"Christians "will not know peace again" if they do not accept Islam, said a statement from the Boko Haram sect obtained by the Associated Press on Tuesday, which added a new dimension to a security crisis in a region that has seen years of religious violence."
10:10 AM on 07/11/12 
User Info.
georgedcc
Seosan
Male - 23 Years Old
In northern Syria, people forced to scavenge for fuel and food.
With no income, rocketing prices and increasing violence, villagers in the outskirts of Aleppo have been forced out, leaving the countryside to rebel soldiers.
12:01 PM on 07/11/12 
User Info.
Ferrari333SP
St. Paul, Minnesota
Male - 28 Years Old
In northern Syria, people forced to scavenge for fuel and food.
With no income, rocketing prices and increasing violence, villagers in the outskirts of Aleppo have been forced out, leaving the countryside to rebel soldiers.

I've just about stopped reading news on Syria, mainly because of how nothing continues to be done. People are dying every day, and nothing is still being done about it.
01:20 PM on 07/11/12 
User Info.
Nuns On A Bus
Hobson's Choice
Chico, California
Male - 22 Years Old
Not looking good for Nigeria, I wouldn't be surprised if they go the way of Sudan and separate at some point. I've given up on Syria too. It depresses me that this kind of stuff still goes down on a regular basis just because the Russians and Chinese are pieces of shit.
04:24 PM on 07/11/12 
User Info.
georgedcc
Seosan
Male - 23 Years Old
More Syrian news...

Syria's ambassador to Iraq defects in major blow to regime
Syrian National Council says Nawaf al-Fares has joined opposition and pledged that more diplomats will follow his lead.

Some other world news...

Mutiny fear in Israeli army as religious Zionists gain influence.
Highly religious soldiers could refuse orders to remove Jews from settlements.

Chinese officials agree payout for family of woman forced to have abortion.
Husband of Feng Jianmei, who had planned legal action, says government has agreed to pay family 70,600 yuan.

70, 000 Yuan is the equivalent of about £7,000 or about $11,000.

Yemen: suspected suicide bombing at police academy kills at least 22
Sana'a explosion, in which dozens more were injured, comes weeks after another blast killed 91 people.
08:44 PM on 07/11/12 
User Info.
Ferrari333SP
St. Paul, Minnesota
Male - 28 Years Old
Syrian ambassador to Iraq defects to opposition

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-18806469
09:14 PM on 07/11/12 
User Info.
Zeran
Vampire
This is a good start,

Thomas Lubanga sentenced to 14 years for Congo war crimes.
Democratic Republic of Congo warlord who recruited and used child soldiers is the first person convicted by the ICC.

What a bastard.
i feel like 14 years is way too little.
12:43 PM on 07/12/12 
User Info.
Nuns On A Bus
Hobson's Choice
Chico, California
Male - 22 Years Old
Has anyone been paying attention to the circus that is Romanian politics right now? It's wild over there, and potentially very much anti-democratic.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos