Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 91
07:52 AM on 07/05/12
MattRM
She didn't turn out to be that cool
User Info.
I love this album. It's one of my favorite pop-punk releases of the year so far.
07:54 AM on 07/05/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Most people who know me, know that it's not like I hate the genre or anything. I listen to this genre more than anything else. I just found little to like in this record.
07:57 AM on 07/05/12
brandon_260
Ah, yes.
User Info.
This review sucks.

A 55% score is too low compared to what some of the rap and indie drivel get on here.

It's a pop-punk record and not once in this review do you mention anything about the lyrics.

Home in a Lighthouse is painfully mediocre? Lol. Did you listen to the track more than once?

Lastly you sound very unconfident with your opinion, with constant references saying kids will like this and that.
You know you're a ballsack, right?
08:02 AM on 07/05/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
just a classic prospekt post overall
08:36 AM on 07/05/12
Avalanche1
Keep running, keep shining on
User Info.
Don't agree with your review but I love this album. Really solid effort by them.
08:44 AM on 07/05/12
iseejosh
Registered Member
User Info.
Agree to disagree. I absolutely love this album. Maybe its the recent revival of 'pop punk' and constant release of records such as this that made you think this way about this record?
08:46 AM on 07/05/12
COREhorizon
Get Free
User Info.
This review sucks.

A 55% score is too low compared to what some of the rap and indie drivel get on here.

So you're saying punk is superior to rap and indie? Lol okay
09:04 AM on 07/05/12
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
I completely agree. I've only listened about twice but I find myself a little bored. Due to the fact that I'm kind of done with this style of pop-punk. It's not a bad album though

All the acts that got huge in 2010 like TWY, Fireworks, Transit etc all brought something new to the table with their 2011 releases added their own kind of style to each release. Which is good and thats why I liked those records so much

I myself would probably give it a 65 right now. But I still need to listen more
09:09 AM on 07/05/12
brandon_260
Ah, yes.
User Info.
I completely agree. I've only listened about twice but I find myself a little bored. Due to the fact that I'm kind of done with this style of pop-punk. It's not a bad album though

All the acts that got huge in 2010 like TWY, Fireworks, Transit etc all brought something new to the table with their 2011 releases added their own kind of style to each release. Which is good and thats why I liked those records so much

65 seems pretty accurate, maybe a 70.
09:14 AM on 07/05/12
Playsw/Squirels
Duckies Rule!!
User Info.
There's nothing wrong with pointing out that a majority of people may enjoy something that you criticize.

For the record, if I reviewed the Man Overboard self-titled today it would probably get a pretty similar score to this....I can't stand that album at all anymore.
Fair enough. I just brought it up cause i thought it was weird and not that huge a drop off between those albums. I guess I can see if the music didnt do anything for you, the production could bring it down to your score.
09:19 AM on 07/05/12
cococrisp20
3Hunna
User Info.
This record is pretty damn good, I still like their debut EP the best but the vocals and riffs on this album are downright awesome.
09:24 AM on 07/05/12
saturday_snow_squall
www.dailyslicemag.com
User Info.
I think this album rules!
09:33 AM on 07/05/12
InaGreendase
Registered Member
User Info.

You also have to keep in mind that this band is only one EP and full-length deep into their existence. TWY/Fireworks/Transit each have more than double that output so they've been working at their respective crafts for a while. In other words, we should expect them to bring something remotely new to the table by now.
09:34 AM on 07/05/12
brandon_260
Ah, yes.
User Info.
You also have to keep in mind that this band is only one EP and full-length deep into their existence. TWY/Fireworks/Transit each have more than double that output so they've been working at their respective crafts for a while. In other words, we should expect them to bring something remotely new to the table by now.
Two EPs.
09:42 AM on 07/05/12
ViTOP
http://twitter.com/VitoPagano
User Info.
I love With The Punches.
I love Thomas' writing so...

I'm running with this quote.

"There are some people who will fawn over Seams and Stitches, and that makes sense. They should fawn over it; they should wear it out." ~Thomas Nassiff

I'll be that guy

V

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests