|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
1. How did you get your band name?
We tell most people it's from that cutaway in Family Guy and the bad pun about hanging bear's arms on your wall.
2. How did this band get started?
The band was started in late 2010 but we'd all played music together previously for years under various band names.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
The main bands that influence us are Alexisonfire, Brand New, Thrice, Deftones, Minus the Bear and The Xcerts.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
If we could tour with Alexisonfire, that would pretty much be a dream come true. I think most of us are all still hoping they will reform and tour the UK again... even if they didn't take us with them!
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Tesco meal deals. Sandwich, crisps and a drink for £3. Can't say fairer than that. Plus it doesn't leave you with a McCome-down the way most fast food does.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
We play honest Post Hardcore music and we work so hard at what we do. All any of us have ever wanted is to tour the world playing in a band.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
I'd switch with Wayne Rooney. That guy makes more money than I could even dream of. Plus, despite him looking like Shrek, he has an absolutely gorgeous wife...
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
I'd thank Skrillex for not winning them all like last year.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
I think my opinion is probably the same as most underground bands... I'd have more sites like AP that offer exposure and press for all bands at any level. I'd have more tour support opportunities for young bands rather than always having support bands who have major financial backing.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Breaking up a fight after our show in Aberdeen on our first tour.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
As I said before, AP offers good exposure and press for all bands at any level. It means a fairer approach to promoting bands, it levels the playing field.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
We have a song called 'Where I Lay My Head' which has a huge breakdown at the end. It's always really good fun to play live.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Anywhere outside of the UK... Anywhere there is sunshine. We don't see too much of that in Scotland!
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
NoFX's 'The War on Errorism' was once of the first albums I ever bought, I got it when I was in Florida on holiday with my folks. We'd rented a car for the 2 weeks we were there and it was the only cd we had with us so any time I hear that album it reminds me of Florida!
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
I'd have the ability to stop time. I'd stop time and sneak our new e.p into the hands of someone at the top of Kerrang HQ or any big record company!
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
No superstitions or rituals but I always try not to drink any beer or eat a big meal before we play. If I do it just makes me so heavy and bloated on stage! haha.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
That we rely solely on their interest in our band. Every cd/tee shirt sale means so much in helping our band keep going. We appreciate it so much more than they could ever know.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
Video killed the radio star. In my opinion, radio play on a mainstream radio station at peak times could help most bands, but today's average music fan is online, looking at sites like facebook, youtube, and dedicated music websites such as Alter the Press, Rock Sound and of course, AP.net.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I like to pick up my guitar and play. I also have a huge passion for recording, so any combination of those two things.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I can fit my fist in my mouth.
07:17 AM on 07/06/12
It's too bad she won't live
I saw these beautiful babes last night and they were amazing. Seriously, check out their new EP, it's stunning.