AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Hip-Hop News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Frank Ocean to Release Channel Orange Early

Posted by - 07:36 PM on 07/09/12
Update: You can stream the album here and purchase it on iTunes.

After his performance on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, Frank Ocean will release his new album, Channel Orange digitally.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 38
07:38 PM on 07/09/12
11:11
Soft sound
User Info.
So awesome. It won't be anything short of amazing.
07:39 PM on 07/09/12
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
Cool. It might be something short of amazing.
07:44 PM on 07/09/12
JesseKilgannon
User Info.
Guys, seriously. Either post Odd Future news or don't. You now just pick random members to talk about.
07:48 PM on 07/09/12
D' Evils
User Info.
Why do artists do this? You think it would hurt album sales..
07:49 PM on 07/09/12
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
Guys, seriously. Either post Odd Future news or don't. You now just pick random members to talk about.
I like OF but he is basically the outcast of OF. Aside from some guest spots and being included with them after he got dropped from his major label deal, he isn't REALLY associated like Tyler, Domo, Hodgy, Earl, etc.
07:51 PM on 07/09/12
Wonkroota
User Info.
It's all been Frank news hasn't it? His music avoids misogyny (barring a couple Tyler guest spots) and use of the word "f-ggot" the rest of the crew has been called out for.

BTW, it says a lot about this community that the homophobic lyrics are called out more than the rape stuff, because the misogyny is much more troubling. Outside of that one lyric in "Tron Cat" and maybe a couple other things I can't remember they're no more homophobic than your average rapper (DMX's "Where The Hood At" is far more homophobic than anything OF have rapped).
07:55 PM on 07/09/12
JesseKilgannon
User Info.
I like OF but he is basically the outcast of OF. Aside from some guest spots and being included with them after he got dropped from his major label deal, he isn't REALLY associated like Tyler, Domo, Hodgy, Earl, etc.
Well, he's certainly a member. One of which does have a song about killing women, one of the reasons why this site got so butthurt about them last year. I'm a huge OF fan, as evident by my avatar, but if you're gonna post this, i believe they all should get coverage. I'll excuse the Trash Talk post though, as they are not technically Odd Future haha
07:56 PM on 07/09/12
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
Holy shit this is the best news so cool a move I hope this thread doesn't turn into OF bullshit arguments like I know it will. DVRing right now
07:57 PM on 07/09/12
gr33ndayfr3ak
www.nickferran.com
User Info.
So that's tonight, right? Excited.
07:57 PM on 07/09/12
JesseKilgannon
User Info.
It's all been Frank news hasn't it? His music avoids misogyny (barring a couple Tyler guest spots) and use of the word "f-ggot" the rest of the crew has been called out for.

BTW, it says a lot about this community that the homophobic lyrics are called out more than the rape stuff, because the misogyny is much more troubling. Outside of that one lyric in "Tron Cat" and maybe a couple other things I can't remember they're no more homophobic than your average rapper (DMX's "Where The Hood At" is far more homophobic than anything OF have rapped).
There was a Trash Talk post the other day, and a few months back there was even a Mellowhype post, but they usually try to avoid it.

And i agree. I don't find them to be any worse than any other rapper as far as that goes. I actually think they make very positive music.
07:59 PM on 07/09/12
Wonkroota
User Info.
There was a Trash Talk post the other day, and a few months back there was even a Mellowhype post, but they usually try to avoid it.

And i agree. I don't find them to be any worse than any other rapper as far as that goes. I actually think they make very positive music.
Trash Talk's not IN OF, they're signed to their label. But OF's music DOES give me a release for my anger, and most of all I like the SOUND of their records, even if Goblin pretty much crapped out in the last 4 or so tracks.
08:01 PM on 07/09/12
JesseKilgannon
User Info.
Trash Talk's not IN OF, they're signed to their label. But OF's music DOES give me a release for my anger, and most of all I like the SOUND of their records, even if Goblin pretty much crapped out in the last 4 or so tracks.
I know that, i'm just saying. They're basically affiliates like Toro Y Moi and Bad Bad Not Good.

Hahaha yeah Goblin could've been a little better. Not their best release. Wolf will be the shit though
08:03 PM on 07/09/12
Dustin Harkins
I hate the Dolphins defense
User Info.
Holy shit this is the best news so cool a move I hope this thread doesn't turn into OF bullshit arguments like I know it will. DVRing right now
You spoke too soon.

EDIT: Never mind, actually read what they were saying haha. Just saw paragraphs with OF mentioned and misogyny and assumed.
08:05 PM on 07/09/12
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
You spoke too soon.

EDIT: Never mind, actually read what they were saying haha. Just saw paragraphs with OF mentioned and misogyny and assumed.
It's bound to happen every time haha.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version