AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 8 posts.
11:11 PM on 07/09/12
shwaz499
User Info.
He is simply the best in music right now. Bold statement, i know. That performance gave me the chills from the beginning to the end. I'm glad that a lot more people got a taste of what his live show is like tonight. I've seen him twice already and he is one of the most special performers I've ever seen.
12:09 AM on 07/10/12
shwaz499
User Info.
Aoty
07:10 AM on 07/10/12
shwaz499
User Info.
Pyramids is the best song of the year so far. Nothing touches it.

Pilot jones might.
08:48 AM on 07/10/12
shwaz499
User Info.
can someone tell what exactly happened with OF regarding posting news on the site? i keep hearing about it
If they really banned OF that would be absolutely ignorant. You wanna band an artist for lyrical content then ban fucking all time low for lyrics with no substance... not a group whose lyrics are imaginative, controversial (it can be a good thing), and poetic. OF uses harsh imagery and words to tell stories about other people or made up people. They are probably the most tolerant group of rappers around and I think that is pretty damn evident now.
08:54 AM on 07/10/12
shwaz499
User Info.
Furthermore, theres a complete double standard in music. Why can a screenwriter or novelist write a story about pedophilia, rape, etc. and it will fly but when a rapper writes a song telling a similar story they are deemed a pedophile or a rapist. It's unfair. Musicians are not always characters in their own stories!
08:59 AM on 07/10/12
shwaz499
User Info.
I like it. I'm new to his music, maybe it'll grow on me. I like "Sweet Life" and "Pilot Jones". I'm disappointed that the John Mayer feature is just a brief instrumental.
If John Mayer did a vocal feature that would be extremely out of place and awkward.
09:23 AM on 07/10/12
shwaz499
User Info.
How the fuck is it a double standard in music for an author or screenwriter to do something? They're not in music.

Like I get what you're saying but the wording is off.
Your right actually. I just read it back. I should have replaced the word "music" with "art" or "entertainment" maybe.
10:13 AM on 07/10/12
shwaz499
User Info.
how do you figure? Unlikely artist pairings happen all the time and often work out really well. And John has already done songs with Kanye West and Common, so I don't see how it could be bad.

Oh yeah, I listened to the whole album a few times this morning.
I mean I'm not really a fan of that John Mayer and Kanye track so that point doesn't really change my mind about it. Channel Orange has such a unique style... I just don't see it working.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests